Series Talk: Round 2: Vegas Golden Knights Vs. Oilers

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So who do you want for round 2.

Personally, i think the Kings would be a easier matchup. But the Kings are still a very good team.

For the Oilers, i think if the Knights stuck to their game plan, then they should have a decent chance. It is when they start going into run and gun with them where they start having terrible problems.

Anyways, hopefully the team gets the rest they need and then start preparing for round 2.

Reactions: WhataKnight

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
lenny-thinking.gif

Hopefully LT is recovered by next week.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'd prefer the Kings, the oilers concern me, especially when it comes to special teams, we'll get wrecked in that department. Not taking either team lightly. But if the Kings can at least take the series to 7, and find away to have McDavid and Drai both get suspended for 7 games it'd be really appreciated. :laugh:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So who do you want for round 2.

Personally, i think the Kings would be a easier matchup. But the Kings are still a very good team.

For the Oilers, i think if the Knights stuck to their game plan, then they should have a decent chance. It is when they start going into run and gun with them where they start having terrible problems.

Anyways, hopefully the team gets the rest they need and then start preparing for round 2.
Either one can knock us out. I think we match up better against EDM if we can stay out of the box. Kings take away time and space very effectively, and VGK has a hard time with tight checking opponents.

Reactions: theslatcher

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
FWIW, BC mentioned in his interview that the series would start Monday or Wednesday.

(So vs OIlers on Monday if they eliminate the Kings tonight. Or Wednesday if series goes to game 7.)

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Hoping Vegas kicks their teeth in. I think if you take the game to them and have a half way decent pk the Knights can take it.
Well were boned....

How about the refs just call zero penalties this series, I can live with that.

Reactions: LAKings88

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
It’s a good time to bring a fresh Carrier and Blueger in.

The 4th line could use the snarl/counterattack.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I got a few ideas, but we can’t talk about it openly here ;). Let’s just say what happens in Vegas can always get out to media! lol

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Kind of dumb considering the Oilers can kill them on special teams, but this is the most excited I've been for a playoff series yet. Let's see how long that lasts.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
T-Mobile has no events scheduled until the end of May (28).

Rogers Place has Shania Twain on 5/5, 5/6, and events on 5/10 and 5/13.

Probable schedule:

5/3 and 5/5 in Vegas
5/7 and 5/9 in Edmonton
5/11 in Vegas
5/14 in Edmonton
5/16 in Vegas

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad