Rumor: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. IV - Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not if we don't sign Parise and someone else who can fill Top 9 role in addition to our FA's. Panik or UFA can be your depth on 3rd line and Johnston or UFA is your 4th line backup. Dump Komarov or stash him in Bridgeport.
Pretty sure Leo gets buried in Bridgeport this year.

Reactions: buud

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Wennberg just got $4.5 million for 3 years . . . if you think Beau is signing for less than that you are kidding yourself

Wennberg is a UFA and Beau is an RFA big diff. and I do think that number is very close to what you'll see happen.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
What is the deal? If these deals were pretty much done - what is the hold-up?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Wennberg is a UFA and Beau is an RFA big diff. and I do think that number is very close to what you'll see happen.

All the Beau fans here keep talking about his pro-rated 25G/25A (approx) season and assuming he isn't going to get much money

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The whole "Isles are now a destination franchise" thing needs to be put on hold.

Could it be that Lou is a more selective shopper than the fans are?

I was mainly kidding and I agree with you for the most part.

The other part of me wishes that once, just once, a player like Suter would sign here for less money to chase a Cup. We're getting closer but we're not there yet.

And what's so special about Dallas except for the taxes? He ain't winning a Cup there.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Did Philly retain anything on Ghost? Arizona is obviously tanking for assets, are they worth a call?

Trying to think out of the box on the open D slot while also filling in with a PP QB.

I’ve suggested this route too. Offers an opportunity to move Hickey and/or Komarov too.

Gives the Isles an excellent PP quarterback aged and signed for similar term to Mayfield. His assumed partner.

Maybe Trotz can get more out of him defensively. And, Isles can find their Mark Streit 2.0.

Along with one year salary dump Add Bellows/Aho, make that Ladd 3rd round pick unconditional.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I’ve suggested this route too. Offers an opportunity to move Hickey and/or Komarov too.

Gives the Isles an excellent PP quarterback aged and signed for similar term to Mayfield. His assumed partner.

Maybe Trotz can get more out of him defensively. And, Isles can find their Mark Streit 2.0.

Along with one year salary dump Add Bellows/Aho, make that Ladd 3rd round pick unconditional.

No retention from Philly.

2 years of Ghost?

Assume Panik and/or Leo for Ghost?

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Both are downgrades from Leddy, and I say that as someone who is far from a Leddy fan

Of course they are, but we had no choice but to trade Leddy or he would have been taken by Seattle. We got Raty out of it and it also helped unload Ladd. We will really need Dobson to take a huge leap this year.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
What is the deal? If these deals were pretty much done - what is the hold-up?

Remember how Martin and Greene were "agreed to" and we kinda knew about it, but....They weren't announced until almost training camp.

Lou doesn't move to the beat of the world. The world is on his time.

Reactions: JoeM

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Remember how Martin and Greene were "agreed to" and we kinda knew about it, but....They weren't announced until almost training camp.

Lou doesn't move to the beat of the world. The world is on his time.
Don’t make excuses for senile Loo!! He forgot today was the start of FA!

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Any UFA signing this week should not hinder the following:

- promoting one of Salo/Bolduc promotion into NHL if not next season then next (do not see that both of them would need more than one year seasoning in AHL, Salo could maybe only 1/2 year)
- resigning their own ufa/rfa this year, that include Pulock before end of this year and Dobson this summer
- leave enough space for a deadline acquisition or trade possibility for an upgrade
- a big contract handed out to Barzal early 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad