RW Kasper Halttunen - London Knights , OHL (2023, 36th, SJS)

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Haltunnen now has the most goals (17) of any import player, and second highest PP goals (8) (tied with Boqvist for being the only other import player to do so) in the playoffs in a single season. He was 1 away from tying Jeff Skinner as the only other person at 9.

Also a fun fact, as AHT pointed out, he scored 27% of London's PP goals in the playoffs. That also means he himself was 12% on the PP overall. Jeff Skinner, when he broke the record, would have been about 7%.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
If he can do exactly what he's doing right now in the NHL, play 3rd line then come score on the PP...we will all be very happy.

I'd love him to improve other areas and become a top-6 NHL guy, but reallistically he's fine as a big 3rd line sniper.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
If he can do exactly what he's doing right now in the NHL, play 3rd line then come score on the PP...we will all be very happy.

I'd love him to improve other areas and become a top-6 NHL guy, but reallistically he's fine as a big 3rd line sniper.
You can pencil him into your lineup beginning 2025/26.

He is exactly as you project him. Watched a lot of him this year. 100% third liner with goal scoring ability, with an outside shot of continuing to develop into a 2nd line stud.

Hope he stays in London next year.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I would love for him to stay in London and get more opportunity. Dude was still putting these numbers up playing on the 3rd line. He mostly just needs to improve his skating and generate more chances off the rush or be put with a pure playmaker who can feed him nice chances to succeed in the top 6. Think SJS have a pretty good chance of giving him that opportunity.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I would love for him to stay in London and get more opportunity. Dude was still putting these numbers up playing on the 3rd line. He mostly just needs to improve his skating and generate more chances off the rush or be put with a pure playmaker who can feed him nice chances to succeed in the top 6. Think SJS have a pretty good chance of giving him that opportunity.
I see no reason to remove Halttunen from London, I think it’s the best place for him. Like you said, he should get a bigger even strength role with (I assume) Cowen graduating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad