Sarnia Sting 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Screenshot_20240513-001618.png
Let me know if I forgot someone, but here's how I'd say the Sting depth chart looks before the import draft. (Ignore what side they are didn't really care what there exact wing/side they play)

Crazy thing is if the lineup shook out like this (first 4 lines, 3 pairs, 2G) the teams average age would be 17.90 (would change as guys probably turn 18/19 by season start) but that would've been the youngest team in the league this past season.

So while I anticipate us being better it's still gonna be an incredibly young team. In saying that I really look forward to seeing them, especially if they get a real dynamic F with the 6th pick in the import draft.

Like we keep saying the D battle at camp will be a crazy one. Should drive guys in the summer as those final couple spots will be a dog fight to get. Up front there will be a big battle too & some of the returning guys better come in ready to go or they could lose their spot.

Goalie will be a big thing to watch come camp too. Can 1 guy seperate from the rest & show he's a starter. I've said it 100x but I won't be surprised if they add one (import or trade).

Excited to see this group when late August finally arrives. A lot of youth, but a lot of exciting young guys with talent on F & D.

Last edited:

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
There will be off season trades plus new guys come in at camp.
Missing a tough forward atleast 1 if London didnt show everyone anything toughness is needed. We are too soft of a team.
Need at 20 year old D as well, Vet with grit that can steady this D Core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad