Injury Report: Schwartz School of Medicine: Prof. Perunovich Proctors The Sundqvist Assessment Test (22-23 Injuries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
With the Scandella news today and the start of the season around the corner I figured I'd start this thread, but hopefully none of us are adding much to it over the course of the year.

So far we have:

Toropchenko projected out until December

Scandella into hip surgery, re-evaluation in 6 months

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The Scandella injury removes a lot of camp drama. We can run a 23 man roster no matter which 23 guys make the roster and Mikkola is no longer expendable. Rosen would have to have an incredible camp to prevent the 7 D group from being anything other than Parayko, Faulk, Krug, Leddy, Mikkola, Bortz and Perunovich. With Scandella on LTIR, we can fit any combination of 14 forwards onto the NHL roster.

However, I won't be surprised if we start the year running 22 guys without putting Scandella on LTIR. We won't exceed the cap by all that much and putting Scandella on LTIR to start the year limits the amount of relief that we get. It might make sense for Army to look for a depth forward making more money to bring in and maximize our LTIR relief.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The Scandella injury removes a lot of camp drama. We can run a 23 man roster no matter which 23 guys make the roster and Mikkola is no longer expendable. Rosen would have to have an incredible camp to prevent the 7 D group from being anything other than Parayko, Faulk, Krug, Leddy, Mikkola, Bortz and Perunovich. With Scandella on LTIR, we can fit any combination of 14 forwards onto the NHL roster.

However, I won't be surprised if we start the year running 22 guys without putting Scandella on LTIR. We won't exceed the cap by all that much and putting Scandella on LTIR to start the year limits the amount of relief that we get. It might make sense for Army to look for a depth forward making more money to bring in and maximize our LTIR relief.
That sounds like Tyler Bozak's music.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Motion submitted to rename this the ‘Oskar Sundqvist Memorial Trophy Tracker’, in honor of the previous ‘Colaiacovo Report’. Though I’d also be open to the ‘Fabbri Files’ because that dude has gone next level on the knee injuries.

I spent 5 minutes trying to think of something to go with Schwartz but came up empty.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Motion submitted to rename this the ‘Oskar Sundqvist Memorial Trophy Tracker’, in honor of the previous ‘Colaiacovo Report’. Though I’d also be open to the ‘Fabbri Files’ because that dude has gone next level on the knee injuries.

I spent 5 minutes trying to think of something to go with Schwartz but came up empty.

Shattered Schwartz Studios Presents the Colaiacavo Report.

Hogschwartz School of Illness and Injury :sarcasm:

Motion Passed, tried to combine all ideas as best I could

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I would like to see Bozak back if they need a depth forward. It is important to have good leadership.

Reactions: finnishflash13

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I am still uneasy about having Krug and Perunovich as permanent LD. That makes Leddy the only LD I trust defensively unless Mikkola drastically improves.
I think last year was instructive. The first few months are for seeing how the D plays out, whether Peru can assert himself, whether Miko can handle responsibility, whether we have any serious injuries, and then as trade deadline approaches we will get someone to solidify things if that is what is needed.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I am still uneasy about having Krug and Perunovich as permanent LD. That makes Leddy the only LD I trust defensively unless Mikkola drastically improves.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Perunovich play a number of games on the right side. The organization loves Bortz and I think the locker room does too. But I don't think he's an everyday D man at this point in his career and his new contract is reflective of that. He took a $425k pay cut to bring his salary under $1M, which is the least he's made on any of the 4 contracts he's signed with the Blues. He clearly wants to be here and the organization clearly wants him here. But that contract tells me that both sides realize that he shouldn't be playing 70+ games a year.

Speaking of 70+ games, his 73 games played last season was a career best. It was only the second time in his career that he's topped 60 games. We need Bortz ready to make an impact in the playoffs. That is when his style is most valuable. He turns 34 a few weeks before playoffs and plays a style that is hard on the body. I'm hopeful that the team plans for him to be scheduled for about 20-30 healthy scratches over the course of the season.

I think that Perunovich will be the odd man out on opening night, But I expect that the team will be actively trying to rotate him onto both the left and right side of the bottom pair. He played on the right side a lot in college, so asking him to fill in for Bortz wouldn't be a huge ask. I'm not worried about him holding the blue line or taking passes in the D zone on his off side. His puck skills are good enough that he should be able to do those two things just fine.

I don't think Mikkola needs to drastically improve to be just fine as the #5 D. He played above that level for a long stretch last year before the wheels fell off. But the wheels fell of when he was getting used like a #3/4 D man with brutally hard deployment and then he went back to being fine when he was sheltered back to a 3rd pair role. Any #5 is going to have some valleys through the year but I feel decent about him giving the Blues adequate 3rd pair and 2nd PK minutes this year.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
And we are off and running.......
Washkurak played the first preseason game, right? I can only assume he got hurt somewhere in that game.

The injury obviously isn’t good news but it must not be that horrible of an injury. A 4-6 week timeline after surgery isn’t too bad all things considered.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Frk dealing with a lower body injury from the game last night, didn't practice today

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Is it time to add Perunovich to thread title? He's been hurt nearly his entire career.

7b6ef667-6819-4c58-8523-d9f12c74c4e6_text.gif

Well there's always United Fruit.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
guy is more injury prone than schwartz by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad