GDT: [SCP24 RD1 GM7] Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights - 6:30PM CT (BSSW)

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
I’m a Sharks fan, especially of Pavs. He’s my favorite Sharks player of all time. I’m here to congratulate you all on beating that team from Vegas. I’m glad Pete helped y’all do so. Best of luck to your team. Especially Pavs.
Thank you for Pavs, he wasn't much of a player in this round but the kid he raised up in his household Wyatt is turning into a superstar.

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Hey congratulations on the win, and thank you for restoring balance in the cosmos.

A few points:
- Are Hintz and Johnston twins????
- Does anyone have a video of that Oettinger promo cartoon where he goes super saiyan and turns into an otter? I can only find one on Instagram, hoping to get a higher quality version.
- I like you guys' jersey color. Be it the full green with shade of jade, or the black jersey with neon radiation trim, both look great.
- I read that spleen, when marinated and cooked properly, is a great side dish.
Never seen anybody compare Roope and Wyatt. In what way do you mean it ? Phenomenotter ,Our jerseys are the sexiest.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Never seen anybody compare Roope and Wyatt. In what way do you mean it ? Phenomenotter ,Our jerseys are the sexiest.

They look like brothers, almost. And thanks for the awesome video link.
roope-hintz-2018-233.jpg

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
Just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU for beating those desert cheaters!! And what a series it was, from 0-2 to game seven win.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Was able to watch it this morning. Holy shit. What a ride. The Stars might have beaten the second best team in these playoffs.

Mark Stone getting hurt in the game made a difference. He was not moving the same and the Stars started feasting on pucks that went his way.

I really hope Hakanpaa is ready to go. This would have been a shutout if they had an actual NHL player available as their #6.

Three Stars of the game:
3. Wyatt Johnston - best Stars forward in every game I watched
2. Jake Oettinger - such an impressive game from him. Snagged some pucks through traffic that had eluded him earlier in the series.
1. Sam Steel - his poke check game was as good as one can be.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Was able to watch it this morning. Holy shit. What a ride. The Stars might have beaten the second best team in these playoffs.

Mark Stone getting hurt in the game made a difference. He was not moving the same and the Stars started feasting on pucks that went his way.

I really hope Hakanpaa is ready to go. This would have been a shutout if they had an actual NHL player available as their #6.

Three Stars of the game:
3. Wyatt Johnston - best Stars forward in every game I watched
2. Jake Oettinger - such an impressive game from him. Snagged some pucks through traffic that had eluded him earlier in the series.
1. Sam Steel - his poke check game was as good as one can be.
We missed you during the GDT brother.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Man, I have been so happy with Tanev. Dude just plays basically mistake-free hockey (knock on wood). Great outlets, gets physical, always in the right spot.

One thing I have noticed is that he is very smart with the puck down low. On a dump in or even just a pickup in the corner/around the net most players might ring it around the other way or make an ill advised chip up the boards or high flip. Tanev hangs onto it and makes a better play, or does the opposite thing someone like Lindell would do and all of a sudden him or a teammate has time and space. Not something you see a lot from a player who is not a "finesse" defenseman.

What a stud.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man, I have been so happy with Tanev. Dude just plays basically mistake-free hockey (knock on wood). Great outlets, gets physical, always in the right spot.

One thing I have noticed is that he is very smart with the puck down low. On a dump in or even just a pickup in the corner/around the net most players might ring it around the other way or make an ill advised chip up the boards or high flip. Tanev hangs onto it and makes a better play, or does the opposite thing someone like Lindell would do and all of a sudden him or a teammate has time and space. Not something you see a lot from a player who is not a "finesse" defenseman.

What a stud.

Same thing in the O zone. If there's a player or a seam open he will usually find it it seems. Great patience with the puck

I do wanna see how that's gonna hold up against a Colorado team with blazing speed though. Might have to make his decisions a step quicker than against Vegas

He's been fantastic though. We don't come even close to winning that Vegas series without him

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
What a series this was. It probably goes down as one of my favourites all time. Very satisfying win!! Onto Colorado

Reactions: Elysian

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX

What a stud.
I am amazed at his turn radius and other factors of skating. I pictured him as the more typical Defensive D man. I wish we could resign him, but it appears he wants to go back to VAN. Maybe a Cup will change his mind.

Probably Nils L last game as a Star?
Since we won, I guess he will be a Star for a bit longer, albeit again with 3 Minutes per game, or perhaps in the press box. Maybe it will hasten the call-up of Bish. I mean, PBD couldn't trust him any less than Nils.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nils is going to keep playing ~3 minutes a night until Hawk is back or the coaching staff finds someone on Texas they trust more than Nils. If Texas wins the series against the Ads nexr game they will be off quite a while which means Dallas coaching staff can freely call up some guys to look at in practise for a bit

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Anyone know what’s up with Hakanpaa? He has been listed day-to-day for a few weeks now. Does not seem day-to-day.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nobody has any information about that .Since he's not even skating he can't be close.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Speaking of our defense, Harley played unreal imo. I'd almost call him our best Dman that series, but Tanev was great and Miro is Miro. Lindell and Suter also play good, but I was really impressed with Harley's overall game.

Harley's going to get paid this offseason!

Reactions: DieselPig

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If we find out Hawks knee is busted and everybody already knows he's unlikely to come back at all i'm going to be kind of pissed. They had to f***ing know it was a possibility this could happen when they still had time to get another depth piece on D .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad