OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Those dam humans keep clear cutting all of that rain forest so those glutenous vegans can grow their soy. Those poor animals.o_O
Ha. I think something like 5-6% of soy is for human (including vegan) consumption. The rest goes to feed farm animals.

Reactions: maclean

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Roads are getting dangerous out there. Not sure if it's just me but seems like almost everytime I leave the house I'm guaranteed to witness or experience at least 1 near miss. Not even aggressive or reckless driving but just overall carelessness/ignorance of the rule of the road. Stupid little things that I would see once every couple of months way back when but have turned to a daily occurrence lately.

Be safe out there, doubt it's going to get any better.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
According to estimations about 99.9% of all species are extinct. Scientists have no way of confirming how many species of animals have lived and are living because there just simply is too many. Even knowing what we know about how fossils are created and the extinction rate of current species, there is no way to be sure about how many species are extinct. However, using information gathered by paleontologists and the history of evolution, it’s been estimated that 99.9% of all species are extinct

Roads are getting dangerous out there. Not sure if it's just me but seems like almost everytime I leave the house I'm guaranteed to witness or experience at least 1 near miss. Not even aggressive or reckless driving but just overall carelessness/ignorance of the rule of the road. Stupid little things that I would see once every couple of months way back when but have turned to a daily occurrence lately.

1715423722738.gif

mysens

Apr 9, 2013

This has lead to getting a camera/video recorder installed in my daily drivers. People are reckless, carefree and ready to blame you for their mistakes or bad judgment call.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
This has lead to getting a camera/video recorder installed in my daily drivers. People are reckless, carefree and ready to blame you for their mistakes or bad judgment call.
It's absolutely wild what I see driving to work every day. Honestly I should probably get a camera.

Ppl need to get their heads in check when they drive because it literally kills ppl.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Moved my car this morning. Just closer to my place because I had errands to run and didn't want to carry stuff too far. I was gone about 1/2 an hour and when I got back somebody had tried to pop the driver side door lock with a flat head screw driver. It was 10:00 in the morning, in the Glebe, busy streets. WTF. So I bought a club. Hope they work.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Moved my car this morning. Just closer to my place because I had errands to run and didn't want to carry stuff too far. I was gone about 1/2 an hour and when I got back somebody had tried to pop the driver side door lock with a flat head screw driver. It was 10:00 in the morning, in the Glebe, busy streets. WTF. So I bought a club. Hope they work.

Clubs don’t fail, they just cut the steering wheel and remove the Club.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Honestly, they were good sometime ago. Now these POS drive around with battery operated grinders. They slice the wheel which is a few hundred bucks to replace, well worth it for them. There is no more justice and that’s why it happens at 10am.

Reactions: Loach

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
It's absolutely wild what I see driving to work every day. Honestly I should probably get a camera.

Ppl need to get their heads in check when they drive because it literally kills ppl.
My main reason that I got the cameras is a good friend of ours had her car clipped by some new immigrant who barely spoke English and said that she hit him! WTH, he cut her off and clipped her front end. If it wasn’t for the camera and a witness, this dirtbag was denying all responsibilities

• Wow
Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
My grandma can barely move but if she so much as sees a single leaf of dandelion in her yard she will walker herself out there and get on her hands and knees and pick it out. I genuinely do not understand, it literally causes her great pain and she wants to do no other yardwork but the second she sees a weed she's convinced the neighbours will judge her and it must go immediately

Reactions: maclean

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
My grandma can barely move but if she so much as sees a single leaf of dandelion in her yard she will walker herself out there and get on her hands and knees and pick it out. I genuinely do not understand, it literally causes her great pain and she wants to do no other yardwork but the second she sees a weed she's convinced the neighbours will judge her and it must go immediately
My mother in law has the same attitude.

My daughter will have a friend over and she's scrubbing the baseboards because that friend might think ill of us. She's 5 years old. She won't care.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
My mother in law has the same attitude.

My daughter will have a friend over and she's scrubbing the baseboards because that friend might think ill of us. She's 5 years old. She won't care.

I can one up you.

My neighborhood has a North and South side.. Small neighborhood. The South, are single level homes, and are occupied by older residents. A home on one corner, is a beauty. Pristine.

I cycle to the grocery store in the morning and the owner is out there with a SHOP VAC.. cleaning around the walkway and edges.. I return, she is still out there, with a shop vac.. ON THE LAWN. She was vacuuming the lawn!!!!

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
JUST FUN. MODS DO NOT LOSE YOUR HEADS.

I am reading Leviticus (No, I am not religious, but seek enlightenment.. I was reading up on the Liberty bell, it has a partial quote from Leviticus 25:10, so I started reading.. Knowledge is power)

WE ARE SAVED.

Leviticus, Chapter 27. line 2 onwards .

50 shekels for a man, puts you in good standings. Age 20-65
30 shekels for a woman. Age 20-65
if you want in early, 20 for males 5-20, 10 for females 5-20
from new born to 5, it 5 for a male, 3 for a female
No worries of you are late, above 65. It is 15 for a male and 10 for a female.. just in case that if your parents were lazy, no worries. Take your chances on not dying, wait until 65. It is a risk though, early death and you are finished.

I could not see if yearly, but it seems no.. A one time membership fee. There is no mention of a family plan.

if you cannot pay, you can pay by animal (say a horse or a cow). There are a solid dozen or so other conditions.. I would suggest you read them if you think you fall into a different category.

As of this morning, a New Israeli Shekel is 37 cents Canadian.. so a Middle aged man, owes $18.37. Since it is charity, the first $200 gets you ~20% back.. So you pay ~$15.. TELL ME THAT IS NOT A DEAL?????? women have to pay ~$9.. Pay early, and you can be as little as 90 cents.

One tiny problem: I cannot be sure, just how strict the silver shekel rule is!

11, 14 or 17 grams was a typical weight of an old silver shekel. So for a middle aged male like myself = 50 x 11 to 50 x 17 = 550 grams to 850 grams. No I am not cheating God on this.. so, we use the higher value.. Ain't no need to spend an eternity in purgatory.. That's a long time.

As of this morning $1.24/ gram is the price of silver. At 850 grams. I am in for $1054. Taxes deduction ~ 50%.. So I am in for $527... STILL NOT BAD.

You know for all of you who knock religion (MORE JOKING... DO NOT GO APESHIT), anywhere for as little as $15 to as high as $527 dollars and you are set.

Act early and you are down to next to nothing.

Again minor issue.. If it is a silver shekel.. and if they hold to the silver shekel of roughly 1350 BCE.. We are in a whole lot of trouble. Good luck in finding 50 of those. And if you do, they are considered antiquities and you will serve a long time in jail for handling one.

If anyone has a Rabbi friend, or a Priest up to date on his old testament. An Imam who knows. Let us know just which interpretation is okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad