Confirmed with Link: Sens re-sign Erik Brannstrom (1 year, 2 million)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Try again. Brannstrom and Liljegren were not measured at the 2017 combine.

Who wants to flip him, I specifically said I liked the re-signing.

You wanted to flip him at the beginning of last season for a 2nd or 3rd.

When we had no Chychrun, rookie Sanderson, Zaitsev, Holden and Hamonic as our depth.

That's letting hate or distaste cloud your judgement.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
ok, either provide a link, a fact, something tangible or stop spewing baseless opinions. I don't have time to waste with this
I have literally stood right beside him at the golf course and he is short not small but short. He is easily 3 inches shorter than Alfie. Why are you so defensive about his height it doesn’t make a difference.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You wanted to flip him at the beginning of last season for a 2nd or 3rd.

When we had no Chychrun, rookie Sanderson, Zaitsev, Holden and Hamonic as our depth.

That's letting hate or distaste cloud your judgement.
Stay current. Here is my exact post right after the signing this morning.

“You couldn’t be more off base. I was highly critical of Brannstrom prior to this year but he is improving quickly now. Yes he is very undersized but he is highly competitive, no fear, starting to show his puck transportation and distribution can be way above average. Honestly his only flaws are his height and his muffin of a shot.”

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have literally stood right beside him at the golf course and he is short not small but short. He is easily 3 inches shorter than Alfie. Why are you so defensive about his height it doesn’t make a difference.

I'm not defensive, you're just wasting my time. These discussions are stupid

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'm not defensive, you're just wasting my time. These discussions are stupid
You literally jumped on my comment that other GMs won’t give value for a 5’7” defenceman and started this whole height thing.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Stay current. Here is my exact post right after the signing this morning.

“You couldn’t be more off base. I was highly critical of Brannstrom prior to this year but he is improving quickly now. Yes he is very undersized but he is highly competitive, no fear, starting to show his puck transportation and distribution can be way above average. Honestly his only flaws are his height and his muffin of a shot.”

Well I'm just pointing out you historically have had a bias against him that makes no sense.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You literally jumped on my comment that other GMs won’t give value for a 5’7” defenceman and started this whole height thing.

I didn't "jump" lol, I provided FACTS like I always do. Why do some people always take arguments so emotionally? There's nothing else about this

So to sum up, you've been arguing against all these reliable sites that say he's 5'10 because you "stood up next to him at the golf course"... Maybe you forgot to measure yourself after you got 14 y/o?

As I said, if they are 3 inches wrong on him everywhere, then we have no idea about any player size

ok let's stop with this non-sense please

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well I'm just pointing out you historically have had a bias against him that makes no sense.
Again not bias, he just wasn’t playing well. I’m a little different, when a player plays well I tend to be positive, when a player doesn’t play well I am usually negative. Strange way to behave around here, where apparently we are supposed to form our final decision on a player at the draft or on the day of acquisition and just park ourselves in that “camp”.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I didn't "jump" lol, I provided FACTS like I always do. Why do some people always take arguments so emotionally? There's nothing else about this

So to sum up, you've been arguing against all these reliable sites that say he's 5'10 because you "stood up next to him at the golf course"... Maybe you forgot to measure yourself after you got 14 y/o?

As I said, if they are 3 inches wrong on him everywhere, then we have no idea about any player size

ok let's stop with this non-sense please
Dude you need to calm down, your proof is websites that don’t have any basis in fact. Just go back to worrying that every move made by Gorton and Hughes is the perfect move and the Habs are on the doorstep of a Cup run.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dude you need to calm down, your proof is websites that don’t have any basis in fact. Just go back to worrying that every move made by Gorton and Hughes is the perfect move and the Habs are on the doorstep of a Cup run.

lol I am perfectly calm. How do they have no basis in fact?

So why do the Senators themselves provide height on a player that is not "based in fact"?

So ironic with your comment that I am the one who needs to "calm down" :laugh:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Again not bias, he just wasn’t playing well. I’m a little different, when a player plays well I tend to be positive, when a player doesn’t play well I am usually negative. Strange way to behave around here, where apparently we are supposed to form our final decision on a player at the draft or on the day of acquisition and just park ourselves in that “camp”.

When was he not playing well?

When he replaced Chabot in the top 4 and the team actually improved its record? When was he playing worse than Holden, Hamonic, Zaitsev, JBD that you wanted to trade him away (for futures) in a season that the team was desperately trying to win in?

And I appreciate you changed your view on him. But you asked me who hated him, and I remember those things you had said about Brannstrom which imo came pretty close to hating on the player for no reason because you wanted to get rid of him just to get rid of him.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Big fan, maybe because he gets more flak than I think he deserves.

This contract will look good this season I believe he carries over his good play and we see a big jump in his offensive numbers.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Brannstrom brigade gets triggered even when you say he had a good year and the 2M AAV is a good number.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I really want to see this guy take the next step and become a key player for us. It always feels like he is so close but doesn't quite get there. I hope he does next year.

Reactions: Cosmix

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I actually like the 1 year term. We have a lot of big contracts on D and there's only so many dollars to go around to that part of the roster. He plays really well this year and becomes a great trade chip for the team to acquire something they're missing. He doesn't play that well this year and he becomes a little easier to negotiate down his AAV or to walk away from him.

I'm also assuming they really want Kleven in the lineup in the longterm because he adds a dimension that doesn't currently exist with the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad