Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: San Jose vs St Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKingsInsider

May 15, 2019
"Sharks face tough odds
The Sharks will have to join the 2014 Los Angeles Kings to become the second NHL team to win three Game 7s to reach the Cup Final.
When the conference finals/semifinals are tied 2-2, the winner of Game 5 is 19-8 (70.3 percent) in the series."

No way that can happen, such little chance of it with all the injuries.

70% chance to win the series or more sounds good for you guys.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
"Sharks face tough odds
The Sharks will have to join the 2014 Los Angeles Kings to become the second NHL team to win three Game 7s to reach the Cup Final.
When the conference finals/semifinals are tied 2-2, the winner of Game 5 is 19-8 (70.3 percent) in the series."

I like you.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
"Sharks face tough odds

Still going to be a nervous wreck despite what the numbers and odds say.

Reactions: LAKingsInsider

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Screenshot_20190520-154651.png

Reactions: JoshFromMO

RobR

Nov 16, 2018
The more I watch DeBoer's comments on these games, the more and more I can't stand him. He completely downplays the insane amount of help his team has gotten in every single series from the refs and talks about overcoming adversity. He then goes on to talk about Ivan's hit possibly being a "momentum-changing play." Am I missing something? If you want to claim that hockey is unfair and you have to deal with it, you better be prepared to swallow some of your own medicine. Regardless of what you think about Barbashev's hit, that is NOWHERE NEAR on the level of the amount of "momentum-changing plays" the Sharks have been on the receiving end of all postseason. He just comes across as a whiny *****.

+1 Yeah Coach that's what changed the game...geez when your highlights from the last 2 games are PP "bleeder" and a couple of shots off the posts, ya' got a problem

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I know DeBoer is an excellent coach, and I’m not even going to try to take that away from him. Good God, he’s tough to listen to after his team gets beat, though. Whiny, excessively passive aggressive, & his team follows his lead too.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I know DeBoer is an excellent coach, and I’m not even going to try to take that away from him. Good God, he’s tough to listen to after his team gets beat, though. Whiny, excessively passive aggressive, & his team follows his lead too.

He’s a lawyer. Whining and complaining is a trait all lawyers possess.

Reactions: The Note in MI

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
For the first time I actually believe the Blues will go to the Stanley Cup Finals.

I never thought I would see that in my lifetime. I am getting ahead of myself, which I rarely do. That's how confident I am. Hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This city really needs to pump the brakes. Got to win one more first. The hardest one to win...

The amount of confidence I am sensing is sickening.
Weird take. This team has earned our confidence. There are no guarantees, and they may lose even if they deserve to win (like if the Benn wrap around had gone in). But the team has earned our confidence in their resolve and fortitude. They’ll be ready tomorrow.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Weird take. This team has earned our confidence. There are no guarantees, and they may lose even if they deserve to win (like if the Benn wrap around had gone in). But the team has earned our confidence in their resolve and fortitude. They’ll be ready tomorrow.
Fans are talking aboutwinning the cup and planning the parade. Local events are being planned around the cup finals schedule. Let's win one more first and not collectively jinx this thing.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Woke up with a feeling ROR was gonna have a big game tonight. I’ve been looking through some old posts about the ROR trade and it’s funny looking back at some of the comments. My favorite is from a certain San Jose homer about the Blues after the trade.

“Wow...upgraded from a bubble team to a mediocre playoff team”

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
This city really needs to pump the brakes. Got to win one more first. The hardest one to win...

The amount of confidence I am sensing is sickening.
People are excited, and I can't blame them. Normally, the Blues would lose game 6 in some heartbreaking/fluky/overtime fashion and then get absolutely smoked in game 7. That was the old Blues way, but this team feels different. There is an air of confidence about this team that is rubbing off on the city. Have a snickers.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Woke up with a feeling ROR was gonna have a big game tonight. I’ve been looking through some old posts about the ROR trade and it’s funny looking back at some of the comments. My favorite is from a certain San Jose homer about the Blues after the trade.

“Wow...upgraded from a bubble team to a mediocre playoff team”
I can only guess who that was.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
People are excited, and I can't blame them. Normally, the Blues would lose game 6 in some heartbreaking/fluky/overtime fashion and then get absolutely smoked in game 7. That was the old Blues way, but this team feels different. There is an air of confidence about this team that is rubbing off on the city. Have a snickers.
I'm fine with being excited. Just don't jinx us.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I'm worried about the reckless optimism
I’ll be damned if the Blues are making the most historic post-season run in the team’s history and I’m not going to enjoy myself. I’m not playing. Are you also worried about the fans who start drinking early?

I’ve had plenty of practice dealing with let downs. I don’t need a “disappointment nanny” to protect me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad