SHL/Allsvenskan 2023-2024

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Luleå HF lined up Sara Grahn for the last 25 minutes and overtime of their preseason game against Liiga's Karpat Oulu. She didn't let any goal in during open play, conceding only during the shootout session.

loser

Sep 23, 2013
Yes, but did you watch the game? Congrats to Sara, but this was not serious, even in friendly game. How many shots from the blue until last few minutes? Like they were afraid of hurting her, to be processed on civil court. She did make some great saves though but it did change the whole look of the game, hope Lulea coach does not do it again, this makes people in awkward position on ice. Just dont think this is serious, or safe.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Both regular goalies were ill, and since the J20 team had a game the same day they couldn’t bring on two junior netminders.

It was a fun thing in a friendly, she did well, just enjoy.
Kärpät fans seemed pretty pissed off about that. They seem to think that Kärpät should return the favor and play a female goalie in their next pre season game.

• Haha
Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Kärpät fans seemed pretty pissed off about that. They seem to think that Kärpät should return the favor and play a female goalie in their next pre season game.

I had a look at a Kärpät fan forum via google translate, it was a bit of a pain on my phone, and I guess I saw a couple of whiners but also a few who thought it was alright and fun, and that she’d made a couple of nice saves.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
I had a look at a Kärpät fan forum via google translate, it was a bit of a pain on my phone, and I guess I saw a couple of whiners but also a few who thought it was alright and fun, and that she’d made a couple of nice saves.
Jatkoaika.com is where all the finnish hockey talk is at. Super active forum.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
So the season has started and the champs Vaxjo are already 0-1 with a 4-1 loss to Farjestad.

Who do we think will get the title this year and other predictions?

Me I like Linkoping to do something, they have a nice team even though they are being picked to finish at or near bottom, went into HV71 and got a win already.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
So the season has started and the champs Vaxjo are already 0-1 with a 4-1 loss to Farjestad.

Who do we think will get the title this year and other predictions?

Me I like Linkoping to do something, they have a nice team even though they are being picked to finish at or near bottom, went into HV71 and got a win already.

I think Linköping could make for a nice surprise this year as well with their prospects receiving larger roles.

I’m biased but I think most experts are too conservative ranking Luleå in the 6th-7th range. Offense was the problem last year, it’s been solved. I think 4th in the regular season with a likely push for the finals.

Reactions: Scouter

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I think Linköping could make for a nice surprise this year as well with their prospects receiving larger roles.

I’m biased but I think most experts are too conservative ranking Luleå in the 6th-7th range. Offense was the problem last year, it’s been solved. I think 4th in the regular season with a likely push for the finals.
Do you or anyone think Vaxjo will repeat as regular season and playoff champions?

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Do you or anyone think Vaxjo will repeat as regular season and playoff champions?

I really hope they drop because their brand of hockey is extremely boring. They’ve lost several of their defensemen from last year, most seem to agree this season’s cast is worse. Expressen’s hockey journalists rank Växjö between 2nd and 7th, on an average of 5th.

So not one of the early favorites, but they’re good at recruiting players and their system is a bitch.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Another good win by Linkoping 4-1 today over Oskarshamn moves them into 2nd place, they will be at Modo next, it gives them a good chance to go 3-0, what's more is Fantenberg and Junland are out, when they come back this team should be even better.

Malmo and Leksand are at the bottom.

Last edited:

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Another good win by Linkoping 4-1 today over Oskarshamn moves them into 2nd place, they will be at Modo next, it gives them a good chance to go 3-0, what's more is Fantenberg and Junland are out, when they come back this team should be even better.

Malmo and Leksand are at the bottom.
Junlands playing days are unfortunately over. Fantenberg will be a huge addition though.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
So Linkoping were at MoDo today and they lost 7-4, but their 2nd goalie Myrenberg played and Hogberg from what I can tell wasn't even in the lineup, so he may be injured, MoDo did generally outplay them though. Up next for Link they will host Leksand in 2 days.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Linkoping really didn't come to play today, they had the shots but not the chances, Hogberg was back in net and should've had the 1st goal, Bystedt was scratched, not sure why, got shutout 3-0 at home by Leksand, after what was a bright start to the season it has quickly gone south already, the team are looking like they will be bottom dwellers now, they are sitting in 10th.

In other news Malmo got a huge upset win over Farjestad today, maybe a big win for Orebro over Skelleftea today, Skelleftea probably not happy with how they've started, after 4 games Orebro sit in 1st and Modo and Oskarshamn are at the bottom.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Anybody know why Filip Larsson hasn't gotten any action since his debut?

Outside looking in, it looks very odd: played in 1 game and it was a 40 save shutout while Mantas is 1-4-0 and has left much to be desired from what I've seen.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Anybody know why Filip Larsson hasn't gotten any action since his debut?

Outside looking in, it looks very odd: played in 1 game and it was a 40 save shutout while Mantas is 1-4-0 and has left much to be desired from what I've seen.

I would guess it’s because he made his SHL debut this season, and isn’t looking as comfortable as the veteran Armalis to his coaches.

Has saved his first 79 shots against however, must be a record?!

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Heading to Stockholm in November to catch the Ottawa vs. Detroit game. Haven’t bought my ticks yet, so if you have any tips on scoring the best deals or reputable secondary ticket markets please let me know.

Also will be catching an SHL game in Malmo vs Modo. Get to see one of my favourite nhl prospects who never turned out - David Rundblad :popcorn:

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Heading to Stockholm in November to catch the Ottawa vs. Detroit game. Haven’t bought my ticks yet, so if you have any tips on scoring the best deals or reputable secondary ticket markets please let me know.

Also will be catching an SHL game in Malmo vs Modo. Get to see one of my favourite nhl prospects who never turned out - David Rundblad :popcorn:

I think this is the primary ticket outlet: https://www.axs.com/events/481988/nhl-detroit-red-wings-vs-ottawa-senators-tickets

Cheapest tickets seem to be 970 SEK/€83/$88.

Since the event isn’t sold out yet, you may check blocket.se or Facebook Marketplace for people selling tickets they’ve bought, sometimes you can get a slight deal that way. But you should take caution to make sure you’re getting what you pay for: I think blocket’s got some kind of service where a payment isn’t transferred until it’s confirmed the buyer has received their goods, but when I’ve bought tickets second hand I’ve always met the seller in person.

I don’t know how rampant the second hand ticket sharks are nowadays, about a decade ago you often got screwed over by companies buying up a ton of tickets for popular events and selling them much more expensive on their sites. I think it’s become somewhat curtailed, but from my experience they were anything but reputable.

In Malmö you won’t have trouble getting tickets though, they have a big arena they never sell out. It’s not the loudest or most fun arena in terms of atmosphere, but as a Luleå fan in Malmö, I enjoy having them around. The standing section for us visiting fans is only 100 SEK/$9 and it’s placed nicely to see our team attack for two periods. We’re usually a relatively sizable away crowd there (considering the distance from home) and able to bring some noise. I also enjoy being able to buy “folköl” (3,5% beer) in cups you can bring to the stands, that are larger and cheaper than the stronger brews restricted to the arena bars.

Hope you’ll enjoy your stay!

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

I think there's a Modo home game the day before Wings v Sens. Debating it. Bit of a haul though. I'll be in Stockholm for a week. Need to fit an Oslo day trip in if the train schedules work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad