Speculation: Should/Could we target PLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I think its plausible that we could be in on Dubois considering the Zito connection to the Jackets.

He would give us a perfect #2 center behind Barkov imo.

Should we go after him? What could we give up to get him?

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
I'm sure Zito's been involved in conversations.

Seems the price right now is steep though. I would be comfortable with Lundell and a 2nd.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If Zito knows the reason why PLD wants to leave and it's not to play in Canada/big market then I would be ok with him acquiring him.

I assume it's going to be a 1st+ good prospect+player(cap) at a start.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
PLD gave up to be traded in junior and he's also giving up to be traded in the pros. I'd be wary of trading for a player like that. I don't think the Panthers have the fanbase/media power to keep guys in check. Imo that's why we see so often weak effort year in and year out.

I wouldn't trade Lundell for him and I think PLD is a need for us only if the team believe that Barkov is a goner.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Absolutely not, especially after that display last night.

I'd be stunned if Zito even took a look at him. That's exactly the kind of attitude and entitlement that this franchise is trying to distance itself from. PLD should be ashamed, what a disgraceful display.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
He's very young, so he can probably mature a bit in the right environment. I'm not convinced the Panthers' locker room is strong enough for that or that Q wants to deal with it. But if the Blue Jackets have to dump him on the cheap, it's a good opportunity to add more talent. Huberdeau-Dubois-Horny would be a handful for opposing defenses and Wennberg could slide to the third line.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Didn't we have same concern with hoffman? He was more than fine.

Hoff was playing for a contract though and coming off that debacle in Ottawa.

Hard to say about PLD whether it's him wanting to play for a big market team or Torts being an asshole. I could see the latter being true. Either way I'm pretty sure Zito has a good idea what's going on.

Reactions: I am not exposed

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I can’t imagine them trading him without getting lundell in return and I’m struggling but I’m leaning towards no actually. He gets 5mil next season then it’s off to his mega deal. Lundell will make less than 1mil next year plus the following two, most likely a middle tier bridge for two to three years, being cost controlled for three years and kept at a reasonable rate overall for 5-6yrs goes a long way. We already have Barkov as our top center and lundell is looking to be very promising. I know pld is a known commodity but lundell is looking to be a sure thing, and that’s to be a strong two-way 2C. Plus the personality of pld could be a potential issue. If zito could find a way to acquire him without giving up lundell then I’m all for it (like Denisenko + 1st + loustarinen + Some salary going back or something but I can’t imagine clb going for that. They need a top center prospect coming back.

Reactions: RogerRoger

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Didn't we have same concern with hoffman? He was more than fine.
No, I don't think there were any of these concerns with Hoffman. His fiancee had the character concern, not him.

And if he was, then he's not here anymore after the new management came in.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I can’t imagine them trading him without getting lundell in return and I’m struggling but I’m leaning towards no actually. He gets 5mil next season then it’s off to his mega deal. Lundell will make less than 1mil next year plus the following two, most likely a middle tier bridge for two to three years, being cost controlled for three years and kept at a reasonable rate overall for 5-6yrs goes a long way. We already have Barkov as our top center and lundell is looking to be very promising. I know pld is a known commodity but lundell is looking to be a sure thing, and that’s to be a strong two-way 2C. Plus the personality of pld could be a potential issue. If zito could find a way to acquire him without giving up lundell then I’m all for it (like Denisenko + 1st + loustarinen + Some salary going back or something but I can’t imagine clb going for that. They need a top center prospect coming back.

In all seriousness Lundell is not the guy to trade at this time: his sudden ascent offensively is incredible and parallels several starts. Moreover, the floor is high for him. As you said we need cheap talent and having Lundell at a reasonable price through 2024 is big for our window of competing

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
There isn't a GM in the NHL who would trade Lundell for PLD at this very moment.

No, not even him.

Reactions: FrolikFan67

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Absolutely not, especially after that display last night.

I'd be stunned if Zito even took a look at him. That's exactly the kind of attitude and entitlement that this franchise is trying to distance itself from. PLD should be ashamed, what a disgraceful display.
I'd be interested in how much money he makes per game. Then I would get sick knowing how much money he made last night for that utterly awful display of hockey. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad