Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Straight up I had a weird sense of calm in the 3rd. Only when they pulled the goalie did I start to worry a little. This team has a completely different feel to it and calm from years past.

One thing that needs to be mentioned is that the team rarely retaliate when the kings try to pull off their dirty shenanigans like they've done for the past 2 years playoff rounds. Props to the team for it.

Eat shit, Doughty

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If we clamped down on Game 1’s mistakes I wouldn’t have been surprised to see the Stuuu party in Game 2.

Reactions: McDoused

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Can't be real. Skinner the fraud is writing cheques he can't cash or so we been told by the haters. They know who they are and they hide away after a game like this.

Skinner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skinner haters .

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I couldn't take it with 2 minutes to go. I switched to an old movie and kept going back to the game every 20 seconds.

TBH I didn't think they could hold on but super glad to be wrong.
My stream was about 40 seconds behind. If I wanted a minute of relief I'd just refresh the game thread and give the last 5-10 posts a quick read. That way I could watch stress-free for little bit of time lol.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
One thing that needs to be mentioned is that the team rarely retaliate when the kings try to pull off their dirty shenanigans like they've done for the past 2 years playoff rounds. Props to the team for it.

Eat shit, Doughty
Yeah I noticed this as well they just take it and move on. The number of times a skate sweeps out an Oiler's skate while they're getting "hit" is unbelievable. LA are the slew foot Kings.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
GMTuKzQXQAEnhP-

but there goes the dumb kings fans and their rEF yoU sUCK or booing our defense when we just chill behind the net from their boring ass 1-3-1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Boring ass game since the refs let the Kings get away with endless hooking, holding, interference, you name it. Oilers were flat but elected to just play a good shutdown defensive game after going up 1-0, a page out of LA's book, but it actually works against LA because they don't have the offensive weapons we have. Skinner was rock solid excellent game from him and the D in front of him were excellent clearing out second chances, pretty much everything was a one and done from LA.
Just can't see how the game was boring. I don't need 15 goals for a game to be interesting. Its like watchign Italy win a WC game 1-0. You have to pay attention to the impeccable defending, resolute focus, the Oilers were a shutdown machine today despite the SOG. Vast majority was contained to outside. EVery Oilers D and Skinner was heroic. but so were the forwards coming back contesting spaces. It was textbook all zone responsible play. Kings didn't have an odd man rush all night. They live for that.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
The special teams have been the series. The Teams have been equal at EV. Its the clear difference in series. Kings had their chance to score on PP and have nothing going on that first unit. Completely disjointed, a lot of that due to Fiala.

But credit Oilers who pressure very well on PK.

Another comment that this impeccable play is coming without Connor Brown on the team or on the PK. With guys like Henrique added he's really not needed at all. Henrique had a lot of own zone brilliant moments including last minutes. Quiet moments but shutting things down at key times when there were scrambles.
Absolutely bludgeoning them on Special Teams. Bit of a trench warfare at EV with system and Kings heavy, greasy physical play. Story of the series is the PK. Perfect. Adding quality support guys like Henrique and even Carrick have helped. But the core forward group of Nugent Hopkins, McLeod, and Janmark have been excellent. Then to be able to throw out a press box Ryan to top line PK. Holland has been out really good role support. Nuge is somewhere around 10 minutes PK time.

Ekholm and Desharnis to close out tonight was huge. Nurse had a strong game. Ceci team high d PK toi. Add Skinner making timely stops as well especially tonight.

Found the goal and found a critical way to win with a very composed, mature game. This is a big series and this is a big moment game.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah I noticed this as well they just take it and move on. The number of times a skate sweeps out an Oiler's skate while they're getting "hit" is unbelievable. LA are the slew foot Kings.

Classic Kempe slewfooting Kane earlier without a call.
Meanwhile, f***ing DeBrusk says it was a good battle between the 2 players. He's been so awful at commentary.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The only saving grace is that Perry has won a cup, so I guess they keep him in for that presence of mind and veteran steadiness? He's pretty much been a ghost though. I was hoping for one dirty goal crease goal at a crucial time but I don't even know if he has that in him. If he's not out of the league in a year I'd be really surprised, his boots are atrociously slow.

At least he hasn't cost a goal or hurt the team otherwise. Let's hope he has just enough to gut it out to the end of this run, wherever it goes, and move on from him in the summer.
He's probably waiting for the right time to give it his all and score a big one for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad