Series Talk: So this series after 4 games is exactly like last year with the top-seeded team going home with a 3-1 lead............

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
This is realistically what I thought this series would be. Delivering a crushing blow to Toronto in the first round was this team's swan song.

The blown goalie interference call was potentially the difference between this series being 2-2 and 3-1, but the way we've been consistently out played there's almost no chance we win 4 of 7.

I think the franchise is in a really good spot. Encouraging young pieces in Lorhei, Poitras, Beecher, and Brazeau. McAvoy and Pasta getting some tough experience as they grow into the new leadership group. Swayman solidifying himself as the #1 goalie, having a great playoffs despite the team in front of him.

Those calling for a tank to rebuild don't really think through that we can tank for a half decade and end up no where close to where we are now. We have cap space to play with, and Sweeney, to me, has proven himself at making trades for NHL talent. Should be easier now that he won't also being trying to include a crap contract in any deal. I'm excited for this offseason and where they take this team.

Last edited:

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Sweeney going to announce that Lucic is done with his personal leave and rejoining the team for the rest of the series:sarcasm::wg:
I know that was tongue in cheek, but I find it curious that the league never announced he had completed the rehab program. May be still fighting his demon(s).

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I know that was tongue in cheek, but I find it curious that the league never announced he had completed the rehab program. May be still fighting his demons
Sad, but likely. Genuine life changes are not as simple as putting down alcohol or other substances. I hope for better days leading to true recovery and healing for Milan and his family.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
One thing is, I don't fire Monty

As much as he over tinkered with the line up last year, that's partially on sweeney going for too many pieces at the deadline and Monty having an embarrassment of riches, are you really not going to play bergeron and krejci when they say theyre ready to go?

His biggest mistake was goaltending but he learned and made adjustments and better decisions this year. He's squeezed every last drop out of his roster IMO.

I want to see the team re-tooled for next year and the goal should be ECF or a very hard fought second round exit. Im surmising that the Bruins will lose Tuesday night, so pushing to 7 next year and not getting embarrassed has to be the next step goal.

The question that should always be asked is: who's gonna replace him? And don't say Tort's. That guy hasn't won shit in years and drove the flyers into the ground this season.

I think Monty did a great job with what he had and showed improvement in decision making from last year. I wouldn't throw the baby out and let him learn from the coaching mistakes vs Maurice and try again with a better roster

How can he be so silent and outcoached in the post game, pre game etc. is the issue, and a glaring one.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything else. Sweeney has an average roster at best and Montgomery did well with it.

But to not even make a fuss over the officiating and calls... be there for the players. Not the soft "my fault" narrative instead, albeit an improvement over Cassidy always tossing players under the bus instead.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
21 power plays to 11, a suspension worthy action that wasn’t suspended, and a goal that should’ve been disallowed by the rules but wasn’t. And we came within a goal of being tied 2-2. If we can somehow get an equally matched game in Florida, then maybe we can steal one, and see what happens next.
And it's really more like 21pps to 8 or 9. We've been given a few last minute powerplays in garbage time to make the discrepancy seem less blatant.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d give a kings ransom to see Marchand take out Sam Bennett with a folding chair tomorrow, followed closely by Pastrnak coming off the end boards glass and the clothes lining Tkachuk
Brazeau has the size but has never been in a fight

He could be Disco Inferno

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
21 power plays to 11, a suspension worthy action that wasn’t suspended, and a goal that should’ve been disallowed by the rules but wasn’t. And we came within a goal of being tied 2-2. If we can somehow get an equally matched game in Florida, then maybe we can steal one, and see what happens next.
I believe this as well.

Reactions: SonnyBoy and SPV

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
When your overall play is crap you get crappy calls.

Reactions: Gordoff and bobber

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad