Series Talk: So this series after 4 games is exactly like last year with the top-seeded team going home with a 3-1 lead............

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This. Great post Lou. Feel the same. Both roster aren't identical. I can understand that and can accept that even playing their best, Bruins will need a elite Swayman and a little bit of luck.

What I dislike is the Bennett sucker punch easliy reviewable after the game if it was missed and the yesterday Bennett goal. At some point, NHL with the previous two bad decision that impacts the game it proves 2 things imo.: a) they are incompetent or b) they beleive we are idiot.

Go back in 2019 with the Acciari trip.... and the puck in the net (dead puck) ...
I can go back to Kovalev (Nords vs Rangers) with a call back goal 30 seconds or so. It is not just the Bruins, but I do beleive Bruins are oftenly on the bad side.
..or they are just corrupt and have already decided they want the Bruins to exit the playoffs ASAP

When was the last time the NHL helped the Bruins win a series with favorable reffing like the panthers are getting??

..hell, I can't even remember the last time (with the exception of 2011) when the NHL just let the Bruins play without screwing them over

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I still think this is going 7

Find a way to shutdown the Panthers PP

Shoot the friggin’ puck every chance possible

Punish them on the scoreboard, but do more McAvoy hits when the opportunity is there

Swayman deserves better and is the best goalie of the playoffs

Don’t Give Up The Ship

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
i think shatty should go back in for peeke. at least he might bring some offense
Even our forwards don't "bring some offense." And they barely help out the defense. Looking at a 30 something D-man to bring offense is a bit offensive lol.I want defensemen that staunchly defend and one who can chip on occasion but, defense first. I want forwards that help out the D-men and get more than 8 dangerous shots in a period. Spotlight is on the forwards and their lack of constant aggression.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Even the most negative person on this board who will watch how ever many games are left isn't saying they have no chance tomorrow. One game is no mountain.
I dont know, I mean some of the most negative posters thought it was over in round 1 lol, had people saying they won't watch game 7 because they are finished.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The Bruins aren't a good enough team to beat Florida 3 straight even if the one-sided reffing stops

..so unless the B's come out balls to the wall for 3 periods tomorrow (with favorable reffing) ....they're finished

I'll be watching, cheering and hoping for them to win game 5 as I've always done.....but I'm not holding my breath

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I really hope somehow this gets extended and yes Sway can’t do much more to keep them in this series. Bruins every chance get the puck to the z front of the net. I say their goalie can be beat at anytime

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I dont know, I mean some of the most negative posters thought it was over in round 1 lol, had people saying they won't watch game 7 because they are finished.
Even if I tried to not watch, my grandson will call me and torment me to watch. LOL kid is a die-hard fanatic.
He can't understand why I'm not watching all of the other games in the NHLoL playoffs, and the Celtics too. lol

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Anyone who gave up on the bruins against the leafs should turn in their fan card permanently
I was a bit fired up that day so I called a couple out....funny enough I see they're back here for round 2

Even if I tried to not watch, my grandson will call me and torment me to watch. LOL kid is a die-hard fanatic.
He can't understand why I'm not watching all of the other games in the NHLoL playoffs, and the Celtics too. lol
That's amazing, I used to be exactly like that when I had all the time in the world to watch hockey

8Neely8

Jul 3, 2009
Let me preface my comments with two things. One, I think Florida is ultimately better than Boston. Two, I do not think Boston should be leading this series, but it *could* be all even,

Growing up, I was a huge boxing fan. I watched everything I could back then, which wasn't as much as I liked because there was no cable back then. I used to box in my spare time, and just loved it. Over the years though, I grew tired of the judging. I would watch a bout and then have three judges tell me what really happened, didn't. Like I was watching in an alternate universe. No longer being able to trust what I saw, I moved on.

I feel the same thing happening with hockey. These past 48 hours have been tough to stomach. Again, game three the Bruins probably weren't coming back 3-0, but the Lauko penalty is 100% of the time called a hold. The Bennett thing was what it was during the game, I didn't notice it. However, after the NHL telling both teams the game would be officiated under close scrutiny then having the league see it and say it was fine, was again insulting the little intelligence I have left.

View attachment 869758

Then last night. The rule is black and white. It doesn't say the play has to result in penalty. It doesn't say it has to be a hard push. It clearly says that if pushed into the goalie, the goal is disallowed. Yet again, I was told that's not what happened. Honestly I didn't feel good about the third regardless and could feel it slipping away before hand, but fans are being taken for idiots. All fans.

There is no conspiracy. There is no out to get the Bruins, there is just gross negligence and rec league caliber refereeing and control room people being employed by the league. I see it in Rangers, Devils and Islanders games as well. I would bet down the road in these play-offs there will be a call so egregious it may cost a team a championship.

Anyways end of rant, I'm tired and cranky, and hope y'all have a good day.
You know it’s a blown call when Dangle comes to the defence of the Bruins

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
going into this series I believed they would ultimately lose. Even after game one I still felt this way. I wanted a series win and got it courtesy of Toronto. House money.

I don’t mind the Bruins losing to a better team. The thing that frustrates me the most is the circus that is the NHL.

That goal that Bennett scored was goaltender interference. The play itself was a perfect example of the paragraph that has been shared by everyone.

Furthermore, Bennett should not have been playing in that game. He deserved to be suspended for what he did to Marchand. You don’t have to like Marchand, but DOPS is there to protect EVERY player, not just the ones they like.

The whole thing is just gross. I’m okay if the Bruins lose this series. I just don’t need to see them get f***ed in the process.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
If they can maintain pressure in the offensive zone and be physical for more than a period they’ll have a chance. I just don’t think they got the horses to keep up. It just seems FL knows how to wear them down and no one other than Swayman has been consistently good game to game. They all seem to have small spurts and then sputter for large chunks of time. I said FL in 5 because of the fact they stupidly couldn’t put the Leafs away and didn’t get any rest after the series. I hope I am wrong but the wear down seems evident at this point last 3 games have mostly gone the same

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
The Bruins aren't a good enough team to beat Florida 3 straight even if the one-sided reffing stops

..so unless the B's come out balls to the wall for 3 periods tomorrow (with favorable reffing) ....they're finished

I'll be watching, cheering and hoping for them to win game 5 as I've always done.....but I'm not holding my breath

I could not have said this better myself.

I watched every Panthers Lightning game in the first round and it was pretty clear that the Panthers were a much more playoff ready polished team than either the Bruins or Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad