Podcast (Audio) Spittin Chiclets - Florida Panthers

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

The guys interviewed former Florida Panther Keith Ballard this week (1:09:35)

He talked about growing up in Minnesota, his collegant hockey career, and his time in the NHL.

He talked a bit about his time as a Florida Panther. This was very interesting.
I for one, really thought he played poorly his last little bit as a Panther. His last 3 months with the Florida Panthers he had a fractured hip. A good lesson as to why you shouldn't hate on a player because sometimes there is underlying reasons that nobody understands, not even the player.
He opened up about his time with Pete Deboer, which was quite interesting.

He also talked about his most famous moment as a Florida Panther (1:42:52)

Crazy story that I think no one here knows the real details. You must listen to this interview if you were a fan during the Dark Ages!

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

The guys interviewed former Florida Panther Keith Ballard this week (1:09:35)

He talked about growing up in Minnesota, his collegant hockey career, and his time in the NHL.

He talked a bit about his time as a Florida Panther. This was very interesting.
I for one, really thought he played poorly his last little bit as a Panther. His last 3 months with the Florida Panthers he had a fractured hip. A good lesson as to why you shouldn't hate on a player because sometimes there is underlying reasons that nobody understands, not even the player.
He opened up about his time with Pete Deboer, which was quite interesting.

He also talked about his most famous moment as a Florida Panther (1:42:52)

Crazy story that I think no one here knows the real details. You must listen to this interview if you were a fan during the Dark Ages!

I remember that well back when I was a Thrashers fan: prime Kovalchuk was the most dynamic player to ever play on my favorite team.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
yA75Ng.gif

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Funny how the next game in Colorado, Bally cut to the net, got his legs took out from under him, and knocked the Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson out cold
:biglaugh:

The goalie killer!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
On this week's episode they have a couple interviews from the Minnesota Wild.

Jared Spurgeon cites Andrew Burnett for helping him be the player he is today on the power play.

The second interview was Marcus Foligno. He was asked if there was any players on the team that are "Drill Killers", meaning they screw up almost every drill.
He laughed and said for sure Bjugstad. They almost always make him go first for the drills because he's just so funny to watch :laugh:

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
On this week's episode they have a couple interviews from the Minnesota Wild.

Jared Spurgeon cites Andrew Burnett for helping him be the player he is today on the power play.

The second interview was Marcus Foligno. He was asked if there was any players on the team that are "Drill Killers", meaning they screw up almost every drill.
He laughed and said for sure Bjugstad. They almost always make him go first for the drills because he's just so funny to watch :laugh:
Juggy is a great guy and I will never say a bad thing about him. Juggy, Pysyk and Petro came over to my son’s Stoneman Douglas championship game in Ft. Myers after the shooting and watched them play and after the game they went in the locker room and spoke to the boys. BTW Stoneman Douglas won states and went to Nationals in Minnesota. Love them and I can’t ever say a bad thing about any of them after that (even if it’s deserved).
Shawn Thornton and the Florida Panthers flew the team and their families out to Nationals on the Panthers charter jet, and back home, in Minnesota. A great organization and thank you to Viola and Cifu.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Juggy is a great guy and I will never say a bad thing about him. Juggy, Pysyk and Petro came over to my son’s Stoneman Douglas championship game in Ft. Myers after the shooting and watched them play and after the game they went in the locker room and spoke to the boys. BTW Stoneman Douglas won states and went to Nationals in Minnesota. Love them and I can’t ever say a bad thing about any of them after that (even if it’s deserved).
Shawn Thornton and the Florida Panthers flew the team and their families out to Nationals on the Panthers charter jet, and back home, in Minnesota. A great organization and thank you to Viola and Cifu.
That's awesome! Happy to hear that story.
I have nothing bad to say either buot Bjuggy, just a funny story I thought I'd share.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

21 minute mark. Enjoy.

I kind of agree with them, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If Arizona is asking the world for that defenseman, no way you give up Lundy, and very doubtful they give up Knight.
I don't think they would accept anything else.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

This episode came up this morning, so why I haven't listened to it yet. Looks like the feature interview is Sam Bennett.
Also they break down all the trades and talk about the trade deadline.

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
That was a really good interview to hear about the lockeroom dynamic. I always love that talk.
Sounds like a lot of people on the team have exotic cars. I remember when I got to go to the room (2015?), I walked out with Kuli. He had a flat black Lambo. It was awesome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad