Series Talk: Stanley Cup Finals: Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning | COL win 4-2

Winner?

• Avs in 4

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Avs in 5

Votes: 45 13.8%
  • Avs in 6

Votes: 123 37.7%
  • Avs in 7

Votes: 73 22.4%
  • Bolts in 4

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Bolts in 5

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • Bolts in 6

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • Bolts in 7

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
If the Avs lose this series while having a 3-1 series lead, they need to blow up the core and trade major pieces. Or fire their coach and GM cause another year of disappointment is concerning + other teams will get massively better this coming off-season.
In my opinion Bednar has shown the ability to adapt. The team can win close games and play better defensively. Not every win is a track meet.

That was the main concern for Bednar going in.

The core players are where you need to look.

MacK needs to bring it one of the next two games if the Avs are going to win. And everyone knows he won't. The fans the coaches and the players know it. Tampa is laughing at how MacK was able to put up like 10 goals in 15 games vs the joke that is the western conference.

As long as a defender skates backwards MacK goes right at the defense and gets stick checked.

Landy is injured and isn't even supposed to be the offensive leader.

Rants has produced a lot of assists.

The entire second line is UFA anyways.

How do you shake up the core? Move Toews?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Don’t know why but thinking we’ll see both Nuke and Bura tonight despite the question marks surrounding them right now.
The film of Bura leaving morning stake didn't look good, IMO. Looked like he came off frustrated and expressed that he just wasn't right.

Nuke with a noticeable limp and Bednar saying they hoped he could go isn't great either.

Avs are extremely beat up. Gonna need some more luck to win this series.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If the Avs lose this series while having a 3-1 series lead, they need to blow up the core and trade major pieces. Or fire their coach and GM cause another year of disappointment is concerning + other teams will get massively better this coming off-season.

If anything this core has proven they have what it takes.

If they lose, it’ll probably be on the goaltender. The area that needs to be improved will be clear.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Avs lose this series, they don't need to blow up anything being just one game away from the cup. They just need to find a better goalie maybe. And having Girard in the line up instead of JJ would also help

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Take out a second and third mortgage on your home and put it on Tampa. We're getting absolutely rinsed tonight.

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
Remember that Compher holding the stick penalty? I don't think it was his fault, I think the Tampa player was ramming his stick hard up in Compher's armpit to draw a penalty, and JT did the only thing he possibly could: throw his arms in the air. I think he got jobbed. Am I wrong? (I got no replay of that)

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

MVPSteph

May 20, 2022
don't even want to think about the offseason or any crap about blowing it up if we choke. 3-1 up in SCF with the team we have, you can't come any closer to this to winning the cup. Team better find a f***king way to get 1 game and close this shit out.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Remember that Compher holding the stick penalty? I don't think it was his fault, I think the Tampa player was ramming his stick hard up in Compher's armpit to draw a penalty, and JT did the only thing he possibly could: throw his arms in the air. I think he got jobbed. Am I wrong? (I got no replay of that)

The refs didn’t lose us the game. A couple breakdowns, and horrifyingly mediocre goaltending did us in.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
How many are they losing by tonight, Rock?

hqdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad