Confirmed with Link: Tarasenko 50% retained To Panthers for 2024 4th RD & 2025 3rd Rd

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Good deal, I haven't watched much of Tarasenko, but hopefully his bad defensive metrics are a product of being on the Sens and not an unwillingness to play structurally.

Reactions: VIMMM

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Thought you guys might enjoy this summary from @NyQuil from the Sens board/trade board:
Sums up nicely how the vast majority of Sens fans viewed Tank this year. Cheers.

I didn't know what to expect with an aging Tarasenko, but I was pleasantly surprised.

1. He was part of the team's best line for the early season, Joseph/Grieg/Tarasenko where they lapped the other lines in terms of plus/minus as the top 3 guys on the team. Grieg was injured and the line was reshuffled.

2. He can both be a complementary guy and also the primary driver on the line (albeit a middle six line). He's pretty versatile. I was expecting a goal scorer but he is a solid playmaker as well.

3. He has a solid work ethic. He goes to the corners, he digs out pucks. He plays physical when required and he has a big frame. I'm not sure I was expecting this. It's pretty inconsistent as far as laying big hits on a nightly basis, but he's capable of it, and he might do it more frequently in the post-season.

4. Based on his on-ice persona and the lack of any drama whatsoever, he's a generally positive guy and seems to be a good influence on the younger players along with Giroux.

5. I would certainly re-sign the player based on what he's shown in Ottawa. However, the concern is really around his next contract.

He'll want term (every player does at that age), and he's a guy that I'd be very cautious about giving it to him. He's smart, but not as smart as Giroux, so I'm not sure how he'll hold up competitively as he slows. He doesn't have a lot of speed to give up.

If a team can snag him for 2 or fewer years, I think they'll end up pleased with the result.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Good depth signing. Guy can still score goals. Bumps Cousins down to 3/4 line which is a win all around.
IMG_9202.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad