Injury Report: Tarasenko out for 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Tarasenko was 10+17 in his last 30 GP. I hope he'll continue this pace in the playoffs. If the Blues won't be knocked out before he gets back of course.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Game 1 may be a stretch. It's a personal struggle for me, on one hand I feel like the psychological lift would be huge with him being back at the start of the series. That being said, it would be just as demoralizing to see him push it and go out in game one only for him to get re-injured. Lets be real here, this isn't your friendly neighborhood ping pong game, the Hawks will absolutely hit, slash, and try to go after that hand.

Start drinking that whole milk and your Wheaties Frank!

That's why a mid-series comeback would be best. Get that emotional boost to close out the Hawks.

RR10*

That's why a mid-series comeback would be best. Get that emotional boost to close out the Hawks.
Not really. The first two games will decide the series outcome so he better be ready for game one. If he gets injuries again, then fine, he will have whole summer to heal. With Hawks up 2-0 Tarasenko coming in would be just frustrating :shakehead

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Not really. The first two games will decide the series outcome so he better be ready for game one. If he gets injuries again, then fine, he will have whole summer to heal. With Hawks up 2-0 Tarasenko coming in would be just frustrating :shakehead

You don't push a player back from injury if he's not ready. That's just ridiculous. If he can't hurt it any worse, then I'm sure he'll be in. But to say, "oh he'll have all summer to heal if he hurts it again" is absolutely mind boggling. That's a recipe for disaster.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

We won the 1st 2 games last playoffs and it didn't mean anything. Granted, I still agree, Tarasenko should come back as early as possible because we are significantly better with him in the lineup. He's the one that truly makes the 2nd line dangerous.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You don't push a player back from injury if he's not ready. That's just ridiculous. If he can't hurt it any worse, then I'm sure he'll be in. But to say, "oh he'll have all summer to heal if he hurts it again" is absolutely mind boggling. That's a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, you have to go in with the idea of how effective will he be in round 2 and further into the playoffs. No point in using him against the Hawks, just to get hurt because the bone didn't heal enough and then lose in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, you have to go in with the idea of how effective will he be in round 2 and further into the playoffs. No point in using him against the Hawks, just to get hurt because the bone didn't heal enough and then lose in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Exactly. If the doctors clear him and say he can't hurt it any worse, then you know we'll see him. You can tell he's dying to play. Matter of fact, that's why I'm so excited at the potential of seeing him back. I may be going out on a limb here, but I just have a feeling that he's going to come out absolutely flying and making a difference.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's always been a clutch performer and with his injury, he's going to have that extra fire in him to come back and his injury allowed him to stay in tip-top shape.

He might fulfill his destiny as the St. Louis Blues savior.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sure, but he's not the reincarnated version of Jesus. But, yes he'll be back and playing RW, so I expect him to be a wrecking ball on the forecheck. Keith should watch-out.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Tomorrow's game is exactly the kind of game I've been waiting to see Tarasenko play ever since we drafted him. All through junior, the KHL and he world juniors he's been a big game player. I'm really excited to see what he's able to bring for us.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm not getting excited till we're guaranteed to win the series.....they got me excited last year then got swept :(

Quite playing games with my heart blues

BergMan

Mar 31, 2009
Brooklyn
I'm not getting excited till we're guaranteed to win the series.....they got me excited last year then got swept :(

Quite playing games with my heart blues

Same, I'm expecting to lose this series until we have 3 wins and are up 2 goals with LESS than 17 seconds left in the game. That's the only point where I presume a win.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Same, I'm expecting to lose this series until we have 3 wins and are up 2 goals with LESS than 17 seconds left in the game. That's the only point where I presume a win.

Based on the Hawks' performance last year in the game they won it all, I wouldn't count 17 seconds as safe.

That Being said I am confident we can pull this out.

RR10*

Yeah let's not risk anything and watch Chicago run over us. Then you'll be free to talk about his injury for the next 6 months.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yeah let's not risk anything and watch Chicago run over us. Then you'll be free to talk about his injury for the next 6 months.

Yeah let's rush him and risk losing him for a lot longer than six weeks. Give me a break man. You don't rush him back if he can injure himself more. You act like it's guaranteed that he would totally heal if he reinjures the same area. Then you'll be free to make more ridiculous statements that make no sense while he's out.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
None of us know how bad the injury was or if he is still injured. I was told weeks ago (& posted it) that the cast was due to come off after 4 weeks, so this has always been the plan and it isn't like we are panicking and rushing him back. Given the recent record of our medical team dealing with injuries, I don't think we have any need to worry about him being brought back before he is ready.

If a player has an injured that can become significantly worse through playing, then there is no way he'll be playing.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
I will say this, as a guy who has broken his hands multiple times (shattered my fourth metacarpal in half and spirally broke my third metacarpal from the knuckle all the way to the wrist), it does take a little time to get adjusted after the cast comes off. I was able to play, but it was absolutely uncomfortable. It always took about 2ish weeks for my hand to not feel stiff and to not favor it. Obviously I didn't have the doctors and rehab available to me that Frank does, but I assume it will still be uncomfortable. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm not sure he makes the impact we are hoping for until the second round (if we make it that far). I'm hoping he proves me wrong though.

Does anybody know exactly which bone he broke? It makes a difference which one because certain ones make it more uncomfortable than others. Also, did he have a full cast or a half cast? A full covers the length of the fingers, a half allows for your fingers to be free. If he had a half he is more likely to be more comfortable on the ice.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I will say this, as a guy who has broken his hands multiple times (shattered my fourth metacarpal in half and spirally broke my third metacarpal from the knuckle all the way to the wrist), it does take a little time to get adjusted after the cast comes off. I was able to play, but it was absolutely uncomfortable. It always took about 2ish weeks for my hand to not feel stiff and to not favor it. Obviously I didn't have the doctors and rehab available to me that Frank does, but I assume it will still be uncomfortable. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm not sure he makes the impact we are hoping for until the second round (if we make it that far). I'm hoping he proves me wrong though.

Does anybody know exactly which bone he broke? It makes a difference which one because certain ones make it more uncomfortable than others.
He broke his right thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad