Prospect Info: The 2023-2024 Prospects Thread Pt. 3

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hutson made the giveaway but Wilander had no reason to go behind the net when the guy that he had been guarding in front of the net was beating him to the end boards to cut off that passing lane.

He needs the outlet in that situation
If he doesn’t like the pass then he eats it against the boards and Willander goes back to covering the front of the net

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
He needs the outlet in that situation
If he doesn’t like the pass then he eats it against the boards and Willander goes back to covering the front of the net
Except there was no passing lane there, the Denver player was in the way. Should've just stayed in front of the net.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
BU loses 2-1. Willander eats another minus on the losing goal but had nothing to do with it; he had just gotten onto the ice as Denver started to rush with the puck and the goalie got beaten five-hole on a wrist shot that he thought was going to go high.

Reactions: Lindgren

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
pios beat the terriers in OT. willander and celebrini's season is over

i kinda feel like the canucks should try to get willander out of BU. felt he stagnated over the season and with cole hutson joining BU next year he could end up playing second banana again. he's definitely not ready for the AHL though and i doubt he'd want to go back to sweden

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Lane "Ryan Merkley" Hutson back at it again
He definitely isn't Quinn Hughes, the skating is just not there. I thought Zeev was a hell of a lot better than Lane Hutson that's for sure. Lane reminds me of Samuel Girard at that age.

Unfortunate that the season ended with the refs having a game like that. Power plays should have been at least even in the game. Some pretty terrible reffing. Not even the missed calls but the calls made against BU were pretty iffy some of them.

Reactions: Nucker101

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As I understand it, Denver and BC were the consensus favorites entering the Frozen Four.....so at least BU accredited themselves well getting their game to OT with Denver. Michigan on the other hand was easily handled by BC 4-0.

Overall, it's been a banner season for Wilander as one of the younger players in NCAA hockey. And it can only get better next season. Although undoubtedly Boston U will lose Macklin Celebrini to the NHL.

Reactions: Jay26 and Lindgren

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I don't know if this is in error but Vilmer Alriksson is listed at 6'6 230 on the AHL website which seems a little heavy to me for a guy who just reached 19 years old.

Reactions: Lindgren

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i dunno why you keep repeating denver were favored over bu when bu were the higher seed and betting favorites

anyways bu should be better next year. I believe celebrini probably returns for his sophomore year and they're adding cole hutson, cole eiserman and kamil bednarik

Reactions: John Belushi

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Saginaw and The Soo are now two games into their playoff series. Kudryavtsev and Bloom were pointless in the first game. KK notched two assists toniight; Bloom again got zip.

The series is tied 1-1. Kudryavtsev is at a point-per-game playoff pace, 6 for 6, up near the top of the stats sheet so far in the playoffs. (Hunter B. has 7 points in 8 games.)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don't know if this is in error but Vilmer Alriksson is listed at 6'6 230 on the AHL website which seems a little heavy to me for a guy who just reached 19 years old.

Elite Prospects his him at 6'6'' and 214lbs. They tend to have the most accurate heights and weights.

Reactions: theguardianII

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Elite Prospects his him at 6'6'' and 214lbs. They tend to have the most accurate heights and weights.
Canucks with two home games left against the Calgary Wranglers. I'd like to see Arliksson get into at least one of them--but probably won't happen.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Canucks with two home games left against the Calgary Wranglers. I'd like to see Arliksson get into at least one of them--but probably won't happen.
I wonder where a few players are. Klimovich? McWard? Do they not have enough vets or something they have to run with an older defence?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I wonder where a few players are. Klimovich? McWard? Do they not have enough vets or something they have to run with an older defence?

McWard was injured in mid-March and hasn’t played since.

No idea on Klimovich. It was announced he was going back to Russia a few months back and he’s hardly played since. Not sure if it’s more of the rumoured concussion issues or if they just gave up on him and decided to give that icetime to other players who will be in NA next year.

There is definitely a glut on D. It would be nice if a guy like Hirose could just disappear but they’re stuck with him for another year.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
It would be nice if a guy like Hirose could just disappear but they’re stuck with him for another year.

What happened to that guy? 2 assists in 32 games... he looked better than that in the NHL.

Reactions: Vector

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What happened to that guy? 2 assists in 32 games... he looked better than that in the NHL.

I have absolutely no idea.

I've never felt so stupid about being high as a prospect as I do about my take on Hirose coming into this year. Just pure AHL filler.

It's like his skill level just disappeared this year. He's reasonably positionally sound but just ... does nothing.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004

I've never felt so stupid about being high as a prospect as I do about my take on Hirose coming into this year. Just pure AHL filler.

It's like his skill level just disappeared this year. He's reasonably positionally sound but just ... does nothing.

Even just based on his college numbers you would expect more from him.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Ditto

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

He fooled a lot of people including all of Canucks’ management.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Classic case of a garbage-time flash in the pan. Showed good smarts initially, but I had serious doubts about whether he could handle a real season of pro. Guy was 24 at the time and still only 170 lbs, and then he didn't make any gains in the offseason. I thought it was likely that he'd bust, but he busted harder than I was expecting.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
McWard was injured in mid-March and hasn’t played since.

No idea on Klimovich. It was announced he was going back to Russia a few months back and he’s hardly played since. Not sure if it’s more of the rumoured concussion issues or if they just gave up on him and decided to give that icetime to other players who will be in NA next year.

There is definitely a glut on D. It would be nice if a guy like Hirose could just disappear but they’re stuck with him for another year.
Thanks. McWard was someone I had wanted to keep an eye on this year. I had some expectations as a right shot D that played a steady college game. I had hopes that he could be an everyday 3rd pairing player after a year or two in the AHL.

I don't generally fall in love with players, every player just has a value. I was hoping that Klimovich would continue to build. Seemed like a player that could turn into a physical bottom 6 guy but his development... he should have went to the Q for two years. God damn Benning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad