OT: The Booze Bin

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Odell is the best brewery and it’s not even close. They do everything well.
Odell's is solid all around, but I don't feel they have many exceptional beers. In Colorado if you like sours... Casey, Black Project, and Crooked Stave probably all top the list. Hoppy goes to Weldwerks. Bierstadt is best German Style Lagers. Cohesion makes the best lagers in general (though I'm very much a lover of Czech beer).

If we are talking US... Russian River, Tree House, or Trillium take the cake. HM's to Toppling Goliath, Prairie Artisan, Alesmith, and Hen House.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It’s really interesting to see what people think are “good beers” in here.

I’m a brewer and just kind of watchin the action here. My favorite brewery in the world is Ayinger - nothing beats their oktoberfest for me. I drink a lot of Belgian golden strongs and always appreciate a good Helles.

Ironically after brewing for 15+ years I’ve come to really appreciate anyone that can make a 4%/5% clean light beer with a great taste consistently. It’s very easy to make a “big beer” that’s 8%+ABV and hide all kinds of off flavors/mistakes.

BoneCherry

Nov 19, 2021
Dallas
I'm not really a beer drinker. I've liked ales I've tried, but never found a favorite. I like meads. Thorinn's Viking Mead is about the best I've had of the several I've tried. I only drink about once every 2 months socially.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Haha. Jokes on you. I don't get invited to parties.

giphy.gif

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Everyone makes their own choices in life guys. I bet @SirLoinOfCloth IS fun at parties.

But for me:
Drinks: BEER (1. Homebrew, 2. Australian micro brewery beers) - in that order
Sports: AVS, Chelsea, Sea Eagles - in that order
Music: Poets of the Fall, Muse, Slayer, Overkill, RATM, Birds of Tokyo - any order
Movies: Braveheart, Big Lebowski, The Crow, LOTR and Hobbit series, Venoms, Deadpools
TV Shows: Northern Exposure, Mandalorian, Punisher
Computer games: SWTOR, FF14, D4
Phone Games: Bloons TD6, Diablo
Music Platform: Youtube Music, Spotify - in that order
Cars: Subaru WRX (have one), Shelby GT500
Dog Breeds: Rottweiler, Miniature Pinscher
Cat Breeds: British short / longhair
Country / Beach: Beach all the way (live next to one)
Colour / Number: Orange, 5 (like the pool ball)

Cheers and Thank you !

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Everyone makes their own choices in life guys. I bet @SirLoinOfCloth IS fun at parties.

But for me:
Drinks: BEER (1. Homebrew, 2. Australian micro brewery beers) - in that order
Sports: AVS, Chelsea, Sea Eagles - in that order
Music: Poets of the Fall, Muse, Slayer, Overkill, RATM, Birds of Tokyo - any order
Movies: Braveheart, Big Lebowski, The Crow, LOTR and Hobbit series, Venoms, Deadpools
TV Shows: Northern Exposure, Mandalorian, Punisher
Computer games: SWTOR, FF14, D4
Phone Games: Bloons TD6, Diablo
Music Platform: Youtube Music, Spotify - in that order
Cars: Subaru WRX (have one), Shelby GT500
Dog Breeds: Rottweiler, Miniature Pinscher
Cat Breeds: British short / longhair
Country / Beach: Beach all the way (live next to one)
Colour / Number: Orange, 5 (like the pool ball)

Cheers and Thank you !
This actually goes way past the scope of this thread. Did you know that?

(I didn't know Poets of the Fall was anybody's favorite band. That's so random.)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
for the most part, yeah. Paulaner is probably one of the most recognized, but there's so much out there (do a search for 'best german beers', or something like that).

It's because of centuries old purity laws that determine what/how much of certain ingredients you can use to legally call it 'beer' (no IPAs, hurrah!) Reinheitsgebot - Wikipedia

Paulaner makes a killer Ocktoberfest Marzen.

Actually their October fest is what got me to realize beer can be amazing. It was expensive as hell back when there were no such thing as a 4 pack for 24 dollars in a grocery store.

Then bourbon aged stuff came next.

A little trick I learned, based on that. If you put a splash, and I do me a splash lol. Not intended to really taste it of rum or bourbon in the bottom of the glass it takes most beers to another level. Obviously the flavor profile needs to match, but with my preferences being porters and stouts it works. Haven't tried something like a fruity vodka in a Saison, but I have seen it aged in Chardonnay barrels. Which was good.

Atwater's vanilla Java is what I first did it with on the rum. Takes the beer from like a 7 to a 10. Lots of people have tried that combination and really like it.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
This actually goes way past the scope of this thread. Did you know that?

(I didn't know Poets of the Fall was anybody's favorite band. That's so random.)

Fell in love with them after the Max Payne 2 PC game soundtrack - check this out !

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I just cannot stand the taste of beer. I have a friend that owns a brewery and makes his own line, I have 2 friends that have dedicated their entire adult lives into finding me a beer I would like, but they are all just disgusting trash. No shame.

Some Sake with some apple cider and a little splash of lime though, god tier.

Also fire Bednar/Trade Girard.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I tried to like beer, too. I never got there and gave up because why try that hard to like something?

I used to drink in university, but to be honest, I never liked being drunk particularly, and I didn't enjoy the drinks enough to make me want to pay money for them.

I'm not tee-total, I'll occassionally have a glass of something if there's a celebration going on. And I will have a caipirinha if there's a good one going, but for the most part f*** this thread.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
It’s really interesting to see what people think are “good beers” in here.

I’m a brewer and just kind of watchin the action here. My favorite brewery in the world is Ayinger - nothing beats their oktoberfest for me. I drink a lot of Belgian golden strongs and always appreciate a good Helles.

Ironically after brewing for 15+ years I’ve come to really appreciate anyone that can make a 4%/5% clean light beer with a great taste consistently. It’s very easy to make a “big beer” that’s 8%+ABV and hide all kinds of off flavors/mistakes.
Sleeman's 2.0 no sugar

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Ayinger Celebrator is delicious and I don't really drink bocks or doppelbocks anymore. Kinda got tired of Belgians too, save for Duvel, Delirium and a few others. I really can't stand any American "Belgian style" beers, those always gross me out.

Reactions: Avs91

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I've really fallen in love with sour beers. Thankfully, they've seem to become a trend here in Finland recently so availability and variety is getting better and better.

One of my recent favourites
6430062243765.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad