GDT: The Generational 2024 NHL Draft Lottery 5/7 5:30 PM (CT) ESPN

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
@DisgruntledHawkFan and @Styles are without a doubt to blame, in my opinion. They were not present for the most important event of our lives. They need to improve, and I am confident they will do so.
I'm fine with still having a shot to move up next year.

And of course Davidson said bpa. Taking need at two in the NHL draft is a fireable offense.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and Rooh

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
It's the profile.

In Kyle Davidson's mind, Kevin Korchinski is the perfect hockey player. It's why he dreamt of him in the weeks leading up to draft night, it's why he reached for him, and then rushed him to Chicago so he could selfishly watch him every night.

Sam Dickinson is Kevin Korchinski on steroids.

Kyle Davidson is adamant about speed. He wants the Blackhawks to be the fastest team in the league. Dickinson gets you one step closer to that goal.

Kyle Davidson salivates when he looks at Sam Dickinson.
Lulz. You might as well order yourself a Dickinson Hawks jersey since you're so determined to visualize this into reality.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Just watched that live lottery picking of the balls and WOW was that entertaining…from Bettman telling the machine operator to ‘turn that thing off’ to Bettman saying ‘wow’ when SJ was the winner for a third drawing in a row!!! Funny stuff, I burst out laughing!

First four ball number combo was SJ so they got #1 overall
Second was also SJ, so needed a redo
Third was again SJ, so another redo
Fourth was Chicago so they got #2 overall

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Should have forced the Sharks to move down when they won the #2 pick twice. Fair is fair

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
The Hawks didn't move up as a result of the lottery, so that means they can do marginally better next year and still win the lottery and move up, correct?

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Consider that SJ also is on the running again for #1...they also dod not "move up" in a lottobwin..So theoretically they could get #1in both of the 2025 and 2026 lotto draws..

To already gp with a Will Smith and acklin Celebrini...And they have also the 14th
th pick in thec2024 draft too.

It could be dynasty time for SJ ..not for us..or before is..

Because..ifcwe pick Levshunov he is allegedly a 1pairing dman but never for 6 more seasons willbe given 1st pairing duties.. so what is the point of taking hom...Ues a Murphy replacement is a vast improvement ...still can get that in other ways.

Uit where is our Big 2c? Where is our size up front to compete vs. The bigger heavier teams.. Whetevis our match up C ?

You gottaxtalecLindsyrom because we have nothing like that ..nothing like thay in the system.

Every team needs that ..You cannot go 2 smalk V's for forstc2 lines..We have to structurally build this balanced and right.

But if you prioritize a talented winger to male Bedard line better then addi g small winger Drmodov is exciting on paper but not when you think what needs to compliment Bedard best...Somebody has to fix pucks put for him ...I do not think that is Demidov..Demidov is the best dangler (puchandler) in the draft but can that translate at NHL level
...Marty Havlat was a great stockholder but when leaned on butge big tough guys that talent went pouf. SO Demidiv the wrong choice as a Bedard wingman.. If you want a good choice in that roke take Iginla or get lucky at pick 20 with a winger who can both win puck battles and finish off Bedard passes.

This to me the choice strategically is Lindstrom or Iginla..=best fits...Fits for needs of certain types..

We do not need a dNgler..We so not need a LD..Ee do not need a RD projectedxss 1st pairing when he has zero chance of playing 1RD for 6 more seasons because of course wexare stuck with $9.5.

SOstop with NPA nonsense.. After Celebrini there isxa bunch of talent each with distinct roles,styles,positions,needs.. for get rankings..means nothing this particular drFt..Celebrini clear #2afyer that take what best fits your teM"s structural needs.

We nerd tgat Big 2C power center match-up C who can tilt the ice by his power game and also be good 200ft.

Or we need tge winger who helps Bedard most by digging out pucks I battles then who can transition with speed and who add the edge to a vanilla softie line.

Can you not see thses needs and also why we should not take a RD ahead of them needs but only after we solve at least 2 of thse needs.

Sorry but itbis obvious..take Lindstrom for 2C solution or take Iginla for Bedard winger solution.

Think more like Dallas...win thebpuck battles.. the rest follows from tat..Also be competent

Levshunov might be.bit cannot be competent as 1st pairing which is only reason anyone should draft a dman that hogh..He cannot be a 2D pairing g o the Hawks because we stupidly gave $9.5 that 8 year contract with 6 more seasons to go in place as our 1sy pairing TD.

There is no reason to draft a 2RD that hogh .

Think logically. .
SIlky rankings do not cut it.. Role co.petence does.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
So we're supposed to pass on a potential 1st line winger for a center with a very small sample size, has questionable playmaking ability, wasn't a line driver and most likely ends up at wing? Ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad