Pre-Game Talk: The week of the Regular Season Finale (Edm, Wpg, @Nsh)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Were do y'all go, that you get dogged over a hockey game?
I live in Edmonton. Im convinced there are atleast 6-7 people on the Oilers forum that are in my office. I havent narrowed them down yet but I know they post here. You should have seen what it was like yesterday morning. I had to remind these losers the Avs are 2-1 against them this season but they were all acting like they just killed Osama Bin Laden with how happy they were.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wouldnt that be fitting given how this season has gone with injuries. Play JoJo tonight haha

I think our 2023 Playoff MVP wants his net, and to win.

They zoomed in on him last game, and he looks possessed. Last time I seen a Avs player with those eyes it was Forsberg or Roy.

I don't think he needs or wants a rest. I certainly wouldn't come between that dude and the net right now.

We have a new core player and he hasn't won shit yet.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I live in Edmonton. Im convinced there are atleast 6-7 people on the Oilers forum that are in my office. I havent narrowed them down yet but I know they post here. You should have seen what it was like yesterday morning. I had to remind these losers the Avs are 2-1 against them this season but they were all acting like they just killed Osama Bin Laden with how happy they were.
I had a great co-worker years ago that was a die-hard Chicago fan. This was back in our decade of suck. We always had a rivalry going, because even though the Avs sucked they always played well against the Blackhawks, probably because they were the only team that would really open it up and run and gun with/against us. But it was always good-natured. I'd change his screen savers to Avalanche ones, he created a secret dictionary on my Word program that would change the word "Budget" to "Blackhawks" whenever I would type it. That kinda sucked because we both worked in Finance and it took me over an hour to actually figure out what the hell was happening, but it was hilarious.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Osama was in better shape than we are

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well, beat the Preds tomorrow and we get Seattle. Lose and we get Minnesota.

I'm ok with either of those opponents. Both have pretty suspect goaltending(Especially if Minny goes with Fleury) and neither have the elite talent the Avs have. Even without Landy, on paper the Avs should beat both teams. Especially if JEE is out for the Wild we probably match up better with them.

That said, I like Seattle and dont really have anything against them, so I'd rather we face them, that way if we lose I wont be as mad and will actually be able to cheer for them going onward.

I dont really hate the Wild that much either tbh(Nowhere near the amount folks here hate them that's for sure), but I do dislike them more then Seattle so.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I see Saros played last night, hopefully that means they play whoever the f*** Lankinen is.

Seattle just lost Burakovsky until round three, they are the easier opponent at this point. If the Avs can't go far this year at least they can have fun dumping on a lesser team in round 1.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The Wild have a gamebreaker on their roster and the Kraken don't. Also the Wild is more likely to injure our players.

The choice is easy

Agreed.

While I'm confident in beating both teams, one can't possibly say they're equal and we don't care who we play.

The Wild are an absolute pain in our ass. We always come out of those games banged up, worse for wear, and they are just a frustrating team to play against. The Kraken, on the other hand, are completely new to this and could easily be overwhelmed by our speed.

Give me Seattle everyday of the week.

Reactions: Avs91 and Balthazar

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Wild are an absolute pain in our ass. We always come out of those games banged up, worse for wear, and they are just a frustrating team to play against. The Kraken, on the other hand, are completely new to this and could easily be overwhelmed by our speed.

On the other hand a revenge tour that goes through Minnesota and Dallas would be pretty sweet. But yeah Seattle is the clear easier matchup. Round 1 god mode MacKinnon shooting against Grubauer would be hilarious.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Agreed.

While I'm confident in beating both teams, one can't possibly say they're equal and we don't care who we play.

Give me Seattle everyday of the week.

Seattle has good speed. Probably better than Minnesota. They're well coached and can be frustrating to play against. They are very conscious of getting back and keeping things in front of them - kind of like the Coyotes a few years ago but Seattle might have better speed. They're inexperienced but that can also work in their favor. But they're also not typically as dirty/physical as Minnesota.

It's more of a toss up than people are willing to acknowledge.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think I would prefer Seattle over Minnesota for the simple facts that Seattle has far inferior goaltending and we all know that Minny will just goon it up like they always do. I'd like to avoid that in the first round if possible.

Reactions: Balthazar

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think I would prefer Seattle over Minnesota for the simple facts that Seattle has far inferior goaltending and we all know that Minny will just goon it up like they always do. I'd like to avoid that in the first round if possible.
But we have Macdermid to deter the cheap shots :sarcasm:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
61ir656.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad