Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Do we have to?

293ckw.jpg

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
All our series against the Bruins in recent history have gone 7 games, and 2/3 involved us forcing Game 7 after being down 1-3.

Maybe I'm being delusional, but I think Woll steals us at least the next one.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Mario Lemieux came back from cancer, he couldn't even tie up his own skates. He wasn't even the most passionate hockey fan but he showed up like a man to battle with his teammates night in and out.

Gary Roberts came back from what should have been career ending neck injury in Calgary to be a dominant, physical take-no-prisoners playoff beast and almost single handedly drove the Leafs when Sundin went down. He won a Cup in Calgary.

Theo Fleury was 5 foot nothing and never avoided a check, a corner or a drive to the net when it presented itself. Another Cup winner.

Hell, Peter Statsny escaped communism, risking his families life to pursue his dream and he was one of the most dominant players of his era (those Nordiques teams were my favourite outside of T.O).

Tell me this team has the tangibles to get it done like these guys did. It's been April Fools Day every playoff year for the last eight. This team needs to get rid of the driftwood and any executive who continued to support that driftwood.

You can't change a mans DNA or life experiences that makes him the man he is.

Go Leafs Go...

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
All our series against the Bruins in recent history have gone 7 games, and 2/3 involved us forcing Game 7 after being down 1-3.

Maybe I'm being delusional, but I think Woll steals us at least the next one.

They were able to at least get some scoring chances on the PP though through those series. This team can't even muster a shot on the net with a man advantage. I don't even want to know how a 5 on 3 would go. They are getting decimated and sliced up on the PK game after game. The coach plays his 4th line with 3 minutes left right after a PP.

I appreciate people being optimistic, but this team is super done unless some miracle happens... 3 games in a row.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
They were able to at least get some scoring chances on the PP though through those series. This team can't even muster a shot on the net with a man advantage. The coach plays his 4th line with 3 minutes left right after a PP.

I appreciate people being optimistic, but this team is super done unless some miracle happens... 3 games in a row.
Even if the Leafs win the series, I still want it broken up. You can't erase the 8 years of horrible playoff hockey except for like 4 good games.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
win or lose I'd like to see Liljegren back in. I'd rather him get experience than pending UFAs like Brodie continue to blow

Also get Woll in net. We are not re-signing Samsonov so might as well give some experience to Woll
Brodie........ I agree lily should have gotten scratched but maybe try timmins

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Rogers paid literally billions for the NHL rights. ONCE the Leafs get past the 1st round. Maybe only the Oilers is this year. There is blood in the boardroom.

Reactions: torontoblood

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
All I ask is if they are going to lose this game make it obvious after the 1st. Don’t give me false hope.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
They were able to at least get some scoring chances on the PP though through those series. This team can't even muster a shot on the net with a man advantage. I don't even want to know how a 5 on 3 would go. They are getting decimated and sliced up on the PK game after game. The coach plays his 4th line with 3 minutes left right after a PP.

We can safely say this team sucks. I didn't really feel that way watching our team the past few seasons. Even when we lost to Florida in 5 last year we were taking it to them and the games were close. This team looks like a sloppy mess all over the place that struggle to generate anything resembling a scoring chance.

Reactions: TMLife17 and OddyOh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad