Trade Deadline 2018-2019

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Can't believe Baie Comeau has made 19 transaction since June 1st. Rosters looking solid for them. They aren't joking around after losing 2 Presidents Cup Finals in a row to Halifax and Val D'or in 2013 and 2014.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
953368EE-0776-4895-AE9E-A4C51710AFFA.png

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
I can't find a thread so I decided to make one.

Anybody know what Dobson returned to the Titans? Seems to be hard info to find.

to Bathurst: 2 first round picks
To Chicoutimi: William dufour, 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks
to Rouyn: Dobson

at the draft:

to Chicoutimi: raphael Harvey Pinard
to Rouyn: 2nd round pick

then another compensation if Dobson come back in the Q next year to chicoutimi

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
to Bathurst: 2 first round picks
To Chicoutimi: William dufour, 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks
to Rouyn: Dobson

at the draft:

to Chicoutimi: raphael Harvey Pinard
to Rouyn: 2nd round pick

then another compensation if Dobson come back in the Q next year to chicoutimi

Wow... I'd love to know how this one developed. Must of been interesting negotiating this deal and having other teams trying to provide their offers as well.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Wow... I'd love to know how this one developed. Must of been interesting negotiating this deal and having other teams trying to provide their offers as well.

Couturier and Jean seems to like each other a lot.

this is all part of a big picture that started with Rubtsov and Galipeau last year. an endless deal

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah they are really empty. They could do futures, I guess. Barron would be worth a lot in a future trade, I imagine.

I think the 2020 pick was changed in the Safin deal right? We ended up keeping our 2020 and the 2021 pick is now gone. Not sure how many 2nd's we got left. I do believe we have all our Euro picks.

Available assets:
- Dube. Not sure if he is on loan or if we own his rights? Would he report to another team if traded?
- All our Euro Picks.
- 1st round picks (2020, 2022 and forward?)
- 2nd round picks (not sure)

I would keep Barron. We should be reinforcing our team for this year and next. Trading Barron would be a mistake IMO. Barron and Chainey are our only two D man that don't get moved off the puck in their own end. We need them. McIsaac is decent but makes a lot of mistakes in his own end. Rychek is a very small D man that other teams will target.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I think the 2020 pick was changed in the Safin deal right? We ended up keeping our 2020 and the 2021 pick is now gone. Not sure how many 2nd's we got left. I do believe we have all our Euro picks.

Available assets:
- Dube. Not sure if he is on loan or if we own his rights? Would he report to another team if traded?
- All our Euro Picks.
- 1st round picks (2020, 2022 and forward?)
- 2nd round picks (not sure)

I would keep Barron. We should be reinforcing our team for this year and next. Trading Barron would be a mistake IMO. Barron and Chainey are our only two D man that don't get moved off the puck in their own end. We need them. McIsaac is decent but makes a lot of mistakes in his own end. Rychek is a very small D man that other teams will target.
Mooseheads Round 1 2020 Pick was used to claim Maxim Trepanier from Gatineau. Dube only came to the QMJHL to play for Halifax I believe. He is not on loan and is not an import. His father was teammates with Head Coach Eric Veilleux for the Laval Titan. It was a planned pick to acquire Dube and if it wasn’t planned he wouldn’t go to the Q but if he was fully committed to the Q I’m sure he’d get drafted before Halifax’s Pick. All the transaction picks are in the Mooseheads forum. I don’t see any moves made to defence the only player they targeted was Dobson and that was it. What we have is what we have and if we can’t win that’s unfortunate.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mooseheads Round 1 2020 Pick was used to claim Maxim Trepanier from Gatineau. Dube only came to the QMJHL to play for Halifax I believe. He is not on loan and is not an import. His father was teammates with Head Coach Eric Veilleux for the Laval Titan. It was a planned pick to acquire Dube and if it wasn’t planned he wouldn’t go to the Q but if he was fully committed to the Q I’m sure he’d get drafted before Halifax’s Pick. All the transaction picks are in the Mooseheads forum. I don’t see any moves made to defence the only player they targeted was Dobson and that was it. What we have is what we have and if we can’t win that’s unfortunate.

So the next 1st the Moosheads have is the 2022 pick?

The team is good but I worry about toughness when we get down to the final 8 or final 4. Lets say we get to final 4 and lose. Then we wait till memorial cup. Those OHL and WHL teams will be big and fast. I will be there cheering for the Mooseheads but my level of expectations is not high.

This same core lost to the Islanders 4 games straight cause they were a balanced team with toughness in last years playoffs. Lets hope Trepanier, Getson, Safin, Asselin, Morand, Barinka, Dube make a difference where we lost Zadina and Fortier (Somppi was hurt).

Last edited:

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Parent and Barron makes great compensations, Worth several 1st round picks each. They could easily get one of the top guns with each of them as compensation. I think they'll try to get Teasdale and an upgrade in euros.

You can't trade euro picks. It's been like that for a couple of years.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi

I don't want to be a hater but I think you need more ammo to compete against Rouyn and Drummondville.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I don't want to be a hater but I think you need more ammo to compete against Rouyn and Drummondville.
Oh I know your not trying to be it’s true. There’s still a chance we can win the M-Cup host teams like Windsor have but winning the presidents cup seems to be doubtful for me. We planned on having Somppi and Zadina this season but they past their expectations and are at another level. I wouldn’t count Halifax out there’s always a possibibility but they just aren’t the top team. Look at Moncton though there Roster is even worse for a team that wanted to go for a M-Cup. Anyways trade and claiming players is a super tough business and I really think Cam Russell has done an outstanding job putting the team together it’s just so hard. Lets see what this season holds you never know what can happen. This’ll be an exciting QMJHL season to watch.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
This is a very confusing move for me...? Baie Comeau already has Dereck Baribeau and Lucas Fitzpatrick

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
ROUYN NORANDA TRANSACTIONS 2018-19
ROU: William Dufour, Rd_1 2019, Rd_1 2020, Rd_2 2020, Rd_2, 2021, Rd_3 2021
CHI: Rd_1 2019, Rd_2 2019, Rd_1 2020, Rd_1 2021
Noah Dobson will report to Chicoutimi in 2019-20.
-
BAT: Noah Dobson
ROU: Rd_1 2019, Rd_2 2019, Rd_1 2020, Rd_1 2021
-
ROU: Maximilien LeDoux, Rd_3 2019, Rd_4 Rd_4 2019, Rd_4 2020, Rd_1 2021, Rd_4 2021
BLB: Joel Teasdale
-
ROU: Romain Rodzinski, Rd_2 2019, Rd_3 2020, Rd_5, 2021
QUE: Louis-Filip Cote
-
BAT: Ryan MacLellan
ROU: Rd_8 2021
-
CAP: Ryan MacLellan
ROU: Rd_9 2020

Last edited:

Ad