TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Holy f*** that fat, grease ball Marinaro is so God damn annoying.

He f***ing talks over his guests constantly, yells to be heard and repeats himself like he's some sort of prophet.

He does ask some good, or tough questions, but he's super annoying.

Would be amazing if one person could be involved with the Habs and bring
- a f***ing brain
- not be an idiot
- not be twitchy and weird looking.

Worst case is a lot of the people who report on the Habs can't even check one of these boxes off.
He's by far the best host in Montreal, still. And most of his guests are great! Especially Philip Boucher and Mike Johnson, great shows.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Boucher who can’t say Cole Caufield so instead just repeatedly says Colefield lol.
Marinaro had similar mispronunciations when he was on 690: “Cindy” Crosby, the “Montralouettes”, “sangwich”, “settember”.

It’s a station for the enunciation and articulation challenged — Bell probably found a government inclusivity subsidy program loophole to get these people’s limitations passed off as disabilities. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The irony of CJAD afternoon co-host Natasha Hall inviting her audience about a week ago, to contribute to Bell’s Let’s Talk (likely further to a management directive) to finding out today that her job was cut.

Meantime, several unbearable turds on 690 survive.

• Haha
Reactions: Chili and jaffy27

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The irony of CJAD afternoon co-host Natasha Hall inviting her audience about a week ago, to contribute to Bell’s Let’s Talk (likely further to a management directive) to finding out today that her job was cut.

Meantime, several unbearable turds on 690 survive.
example Mitch the dj of 690

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It’s always been my contention that Mtl AM stations should just do talk and no music, as their choices are typically cringe, arcane or just plain bland.

Same with FM public radio like CBC or NPR — over 90% of the music they play is forgetful.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Your favorite 690 turds have side hustles!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He was playing keltic music a few minutes ago and now is interviewing the guy who wrote the song from a new album he’s releasing. An album no one will give a shit about.

:m-dance:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
He was playing keltic music a few minutes ago and now is interviewing the guy who wrote the song from a new album he’s releasing. An album no one will give a shit about.

:m-dance:
The guy being interviewed right now is Alan Doyle from Great Big Sea so many down this way will care about his new album.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The guy being interviewed right now is Alan Doyle from Great Big Sea so many down this way will care about his new album.
I know, was being facetious. I wasn’t going to name him for that reason. I just wanted to see how @sampollock would react and of course, he did not disappoint.

As for the guy’s popularity or keltic music for that matter, my comments were limited to the Montreal market.

Melnick is a huge fan of balladeer, folk music styles and Dylan in particular and I just have to flee when Dylan comes on, the guy is as enunciation-challenged as several 690 staffers, I can’t even understand what Dylan is saying.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Doesn’t bother me, I surf all sports media.

Melnick often misses the mark with his obsession about mostly abysmal or fringe musical choices but 690’s afternoon show still has the best sports guests.

The most rewarding listening experience for someone who is bilingual, is never based on the language of a given media outlet. But hey, if you want to ditch content based on language and you find that funny, not my problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad