TSN: Craig Button's Mock Lottery Picks

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Apologize if this is posted elsewhere. I couldn't find it.

But no Catton, Connelly, or Hage while including lower rated players from the OHL and WHL.

Can't help thinking he was playing to the regular audience.

Reactions: d rake

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
i could see the flyers taking luchanko with FLA 1st round pick. Passing on Eiserman, Catton, Hage, and Connelly would surprise me.

Reactions: Devonator

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
God I really hope one of those defensemen fall to 16. This is a pretty good alternative though.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Would love Flyers to draft Luchanko. That kid is one of the biggest risers in the draft, could be very Nick Suzuki like, but does he actual climb that high within the top20? I could see Philly maybe pushing up the Florida pick a bit to move up to grab him...I'd be 100% for that.

Reactions: Dominance

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
“I believe that Cayden might have as much upside as any player in this draft,” said Button. “He’s big, strong, aggressive. He’s got real significant initiative in his game, he drives play, he’s got a great shot and I really believe that he’s only starting to tap into the potential that he has.”

Significant initiative?

And no, he does not drive play. It's one of his weaknesses.

I remember button calling Matthew Wood's skating a "real asset"

Sometimes I think he uses chatgtp for his articles.

gothegr8

Jul 7, 2012
“I believe that Cayden might have as much upside as any player in this draft,” said Button. “He’s big, strong, aggressive. He’s got real significant initiative in his game, he drives play, he’s got a great shot and I really believe that he’s only starting to tap into the potential that he has.”

Significant initiative?

And no, he does not drive play. It's one of his weaknesses.

I remember button calling Matthew Wood's skating a "real asset"

Sometimes I think he uses chatgtp for his articles.
interesting, i would say play-driving is a clear asset in his game.

Reactions: coooldude

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
This draft is horrible.

Theres a huge Drop off after top 4, then another huge drop off after top15.

This is an awful year to have multiple early round picks.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
This draft is horrible.

Theres a huge Drop off after top 4, then another huge drop off after top15.

This is an awful year to have multiple early round picks.
I dont see a huge drop off after 4.

3 top F: Celebrini, Demidov,Lindstrom
5 top d

Thing is if a team « has » to go forward after 4 then guys like Iginla, Eiserman, Sennecke.

Thats 11.

Helenius, Catton thats 13.

Next d Yakemchuk (rd 6’3 30 goals) at 14.
Next f Connelly 15

Rest is wide open

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
The first half of the first round is strong. After that it drops off. There's also no clear number 2.

For the sharks at 1 and 14 its great. For a team solely relying on a pick after 15...you're hoping your guy falls.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I just don't see the Jackets picking Silayev over Lindstrom.

Well all the noise around Columbus is they want him.

Including the player himself.

This is just this morning from Wheeler.

1. Columbus Blue Jackets: Anton Silayev, LHD, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod
I took Medicine Hat center Cayden Lindstrom for the Blue Jackets in our staff mock, and I do still think the appeal of a one-two punch of Adam Fantilli and Lindstrom, with their similar makeups and their ideal size and skating, is and will be a strong consideration for them. But the more I’ve asked around in the last couple of days and the more I’ve thought about it, the more Silayev has come into focus. There’s the obvious connection to their many Russians within the organization, but he also just fits as a left-handed foil to a righty in David Jiricek, and the idea of their back end of the future built around the size, skating and defensive upside of Silayev; the boldness of Jiricek; and the capabilities of Denton Mateychuk is extremely appealing in its own right

Reactions: Scintillating10

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Would love Flyers to draft Luchanko. That kid is one of the biggest risers in the draft, could be very Nick Suzuki like, but does he actual climb that high within the top20? I could see Philly maybe pushing up the Florida pick a bit to move up to grab him...I'd be 100% for that.
He certainly came on late this season. Very young

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
The choice between Buium and Helenius would be a dream for this Flames fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad