GDT: UFC 282: Blachowicz vs. Ankalaev/Bellator 289: Stots vs. Sabatello

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Don't have too much to say about the main event. It kind of lines up us a boring clinchfest on paper where both guys spend long periods of time holding each other against the cage. I'm going to hedge here a bit though because you do have two guys that can finish fights. My official prediction is that Jan does his best to hold Ankalaev against the cage and attempt to grind him down, but Ankalaev works with punches and kicks from distance and then finishes a compromised and slow Jan in the championship rounds.

Kind of starting to wonder where Paddy's head is at with this fight. Doing podcasts with Dana White blasting the most popular MMA media member.. you know that's going to be a story. Social media beefs with some wrestler too. With the fight so close as well, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the choice of Gordon as the opponent here. It's an appropriate fight in terms of skill level but I just don't think he brings anything to the table in terms of public interest. I feel like there are still a ton of names at 155lbs that would have been more interesting here.

Morono/Ponz is a typical high-end gatekeeper fight that just immediately underwhelms me. I don't see either guy as someone who beats top 10 guys.

TIll/DDP is pretty interesting and great match-making. DDP is the more skilled fighter but is extremely reckless & can gas out. Feels like we might be lined up for a close decision in this one.

I like both Mitchell & Topuria but I hate slowing down top prospects with a loss, but it's tough at 145lbs right now. Hard to break into that next tier.

In my latest case of "this is the worst guy in the UFC and he'll be on Roster Watch next week".. we've got Jay Perrin. Seems like a good matchup for Rosas, though I'm also not sure Rosas is a UFC-level guy.

Shahbazyan with a much-needed massive step down here and I expect him to bounce back rather easily. Rozenstruik should win as well.

Alexander Hernandez v Billy Q with the "FOTN that won't win FOTN because it's buried on a prelim".

---

Going to watch Bellator tonight. Really hope Stots takes care of Sabatello. I think there's a chance Stots is the best 135lb guy in the world or at least would be competing for that title in the UFC.

Only one WMMA of note on these two cards. Unfortunately it's a Carmouche fight, so it will probably be awful.

I might just be hyptonized by his body, but whatever - Dalton Rosta, future star

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bellator has shut shit down on the link front tonight, pretty impressive

Won’t do a free trial of showtime because I have principles

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

It's free in Canada on YouTube if you've got a VPN

Reactions: CDJ

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

EDIT: didn't come out the way I intended, removed.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice finish by Patchy Mix, put him to sleep.

I used to like Mauro Ranallo but he drives me crazy now. He's basically turned into a Goldberg-esqie video game commentator where he shouts one-liners and makes bad jokes. I know he's always kind of been that but I'm probably just older and more annoyed by stuff now

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sorry about that, not even close to what I was intending to convey. I'll see myself out.
Nah it’s all good man, I probably jumped the gun. I just don’t recall interacting with you too much on here so I was like why and who is this guy coming in here and throwing shade at me 😂. Not used to seeing you on this page. You’re probably just busting chops. My apologies for coming in hot

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I might have to put Mauro on mute, I just can't do this tonight. Is he getting paid by the Christmas pun?

More Amanda Guerra would be cool though..

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Awful 9 minutes to watch but thankfully Camouche with a nice sub.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Very tough 4th round to score. My scorecard is the same as Big John giving Stots 2&3. 38-38.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Big John really nailing it in terms of commentary in this main event. Sabatello with lots of control but zero offense.

I have it 48-47 Stots, winning 2-3-5. Fine with 49-46 with him taking 4 too. Will be interesting how this is judged.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Doug Crosby with a 50-45 for Sabatello is hilarious. That scorecard will be talked about for awhile, just awful.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Crazy that he lost a split decision with the one judge in his favor scored it 50-45 lol. It's one thing to have ground control but when you do nothing with it it's meaningless. Like you said @m9 big John nailed it. The whole fifth round he was just holding on waiting for the fight to end.

I didn't see it live but Pat Downey got knocked out.. I know there was a little hype to this guy with his wrestling background and persona...

And I just checked Downey closed at -2400 lol wow

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean this with all due respect but the 50-45 judge needs to be taken out behind the pasture and dispatched. Like career over, perhaps freedom over? Lock in prison for life? These are the only 2 viable and appropriate courses of action for Doug Crosby. He either doesn’t understand the criteria for his job or he’s a criminal.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good to see those around the game going IN on Doug crosby

Honestly f*** that guy, he’s a rat

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Crosby has been pulling this shit for years. The weird thing is that he actually can judge fine but its like he does this stuff on purpose to get noticed or to prove a point.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Crosby has been pulling this shit for years. The weird thing is that he actually can judge fine but its like he does this stuff on purpose to get noticed or to prove a point.
He always seems to be the dissenting card with the most ridiculous scoring, like 9 times out of 10 it’s him

It’s attempted robbery

I just found out he works in Hollywood and worked on Morbius?

f***ing of course that incompetent POS did

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He always seems to be the dissenting card with the most ridiculous scoring, like 9 times out of 10 it’s him

It’s attempted robbery

I just found out he works in Hollywood and worked on Morbius?

f***ing of course that incompetent POS did

He got a bad rap because he's a weird dude and people hated his Penn/Edgar card. He was the only judge who had Kattar over Emmett which I agree with. though not sure how he scored the rounds.

The one last night is a crazy though. It feels like a protest against the new scoring system

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
We just need there to be some suspect bets placed on a fight that is scored wrong so we can get an investigation into the judges, too. :sarcasm:

(I didn't watch last night, so no comment on this specific one)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad