UNB Reds Thread (Part5)

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Presto is never official until J. Keefe at the AUS office cross-references it with the scoresheet on Monday mornings or whenever. We always make a point of balancing both at the end of the game, helps that we have intercom communication from the timekeepers bench to the press box, but not everyone has that luxury. That was one of my "must-haves" when we reno'd the arena. They listened to me on that one, but not on the one about removing the posts... I wonder why.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Presto is never official until J. Keefe at the AUS office cross-references it with the scoresheet on Monday mornings or whenever. We always make a point of balancing both at the end of the game, helps that we have intercom communication from the timekeepers bench to the press box, but not everyone has that luxury. That was one of my "must-haves" when we reno'd the arena. They listened to me on that one, but not on the one about removing the posts... I wonder why.

Trouble is the phantom assist to King in the online event lines doesn't transfer to the player totals (Keating's assist is totaled there but isn't in the events) and King shows with no games played and no points in the team playoff stats.

Presto is just way too buggy and needs to be deep six'ed.

But hey, we're just unpaid students so whatever.

Reactions: timbitca

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Trouble is the phantom assist to King in the online event lines doesn't transfer to the player totals (Keating's assist is totaled there but isn't in the events) and King shows with no games played and no points in the team playoff stats.

Presto is just way too buggy and needs to be deep six'ed.

But hey, we're just unpaid students so whatever.
Sometimes the best action is just going, removing the assists, saving the play, going to edit it again to add them again.

AUS Fan knows better, he was once an unpaid student too... and he was way too old to be a student by then 😂 He's even worked for Gards at one point too! ;)

Reactions: Campy and AUS Fan

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
We had 1,200 for both games. "Capacity" crowd.

Used to be we'd fit well over 2,000 in our old barn, after the fire marshall came around we're down to 1,200 (even though we have 1,339 seats and standing room, canteen, boxes...) as they deem we don't have enough emergency exits.

Reactions: FreddyFoyle

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB

Used to be we'd fit well over 2,000 in our old barn, after the fire marshall came around we're down to 1,200 (even though we have 1,339 seats and standing room, canteen, boxes...) as they deem we don't have enough emergency exits.
Fire marshalls, who needs them!? :cool:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB

Can you purchase Aigles Bleus tickets online?

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
The city site has a link for it but when you click on it the link is just a site with the logo on it. In the past you definitely could because I bought 2022 playoff tix online.
I’ve always just bought from the box office so wasn’t sure.

Watching the games against St. FX I assumed there were lots of tickets available and wasn’t too worried about driving all the way there and not getting a ticket. But now hearing they have a “capacity” less than the number of seats + no way to get tickets ahead of time, it makes me hesitant to go. Of course I am getting very ahead of myself here…lots of hockey to play before a possible UNB/UdeM final.

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Can you purchase Aigles Bleus tickets online?
Most definitely. On tickets.moncton.ca just as soon as the next game is annouced (wether against X or in the Finals) I'll activate it in our ticketing software and tickets will become available online.

UNB's crew of stats people are paid and work every game - so there is no excuse.

Umm - maybe keeping the roof up is a good idea ;)

I'm paid and work every game too haha. Although this weekend I seem to not have been on the ball at all (I'll blame the full days at the AUS Track Championship)... out of the 10 goals we scored, a couple of our players came to see me at the office today saying I had screwed up on 6 of them. And then looking at the replays for the plays of the week, I found a 7th one I had screwed up too. Oh well, I can always blame the referee's.

As for the roof, I suppose... ;) I was telling someone this weekend that we should bring the posts over to our new rink, to keep the tradition going.

I’ve always just bought from the box office so wasn’t sure.

Watching the games against St. FX I assumed there were lots of tickets available and wasn’t too worried about driving all the way there and not getting a ticket. But now hearing they have a “capacity” less than the number of seats + no way to get tickets ahead of time, it makes me hesitant to go. Of course I am getting very ahead of myself here…lots of hockey to play before a possible UNB/UdeM final.

When we reno'd the place in 2009, we removed some seats to create more staircases. We have 1 339 seats and 200 standing room for a total of 1 539 until the fire marshall stuck his nose in.

Reactions: Craig D

Carleton

Dec 17, 2022
I'm expecting Outhouse to get the start on Saturday. Even if Richard is healthy enough to play.

McCormick probably done but I'll be curious if we see Sproule again.
What’s the deal on McCormick’s injury?

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Most definitely. On tickets.moncton.ca just as soon as the next game is annouced (wether against X or in the Finals) I'll activate it in our ticketing software and tickets will become available online.

See the game up and have seen seats selectable off and on since yesterday would like to buy tickets on line but can't yet for the game. Section A side (C/D) this the visitors side of rink right?
I'm paid and work every game too haha. Although this weekend I seem to not have been on the ball at all (I'll blame the full days at the AUS Track Championship)... out of the 10 goals we scored, a couple of our players came to see me at the office today saying I had screwed up on 6 of them. And then looking at the replays for the plays of the week, I found a 7th one I had screwed up too. Oh well, I can always blame the referee's.

As for the roof, I suppose... ;) I was telling someone this weekend that we should bring the posts over to our new rink, to keep the tradition going.

When we reno'd the place in 2009, we removed some seats to create more staircases. We have 1 339 seats and 200 standing room for a total of 1 539 until the fire marshall stuck his nose in.

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
See the game up and have seen seats selectable off and on since yesterday would like to buy tickets on line but can't yet for the game. Section A side (C/D) this the visitors side of rink right?

Will you guys let me work! :D I had to put the seats available a couple times during the day to do certain things, and everytime I did, even if for 2 minutes somebody managed to buy a couple. I think some people are just sitting on the site refresing every two minutes to see if they become available.

They will be available to the general public tomorrow at 11AM (unless I forget to release them)

And yes, side A-F is the visitor side.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob and dm8895

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Almost sold out already…love to see it.

Less than 500 tickets left for Saturday night too…so that game will almost certainly be sold out as well. Just hope most of the seats are actually filled.

Last edited:
Reactions: timbitca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad