unbelievable lol

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
10D6F2B1-F728-4E34-BD40-F0D545A5744B.jpeg

I was columbus. this game is such a damn joke it’s comical.

10 mins time on attack, 29 shots on goal.

zero goals.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
On the other hand, having such an advantage of time in attack and in the face-offs it doesn't bother you.

The game can be balanced as per your convenience. It's up to you to find your balance. You can change the goalkeeper settings.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I find its less often than in the nhl20, but yeah it happens. It is also less subtle. There are goals where i call it out loud "just give him his god damn goal so i can play again!!!" and they score. You dominate as in the post and then get a sequence where you do everything you can to stop the play but the other team suddenly become the sound-ninja 5 and you cant get the puck for the life of you. you goalie gives rebounds but doesnt move on them (despite X factor), everything bounces of of you, your slapshot to empty the zone gets hit down by sticks at the blue line, etc.

And when you see it coming enough, you do an awesome desperation dive that works without a penalty...................... only the puck ends in your net

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
You dominate as in the post and then get a sequence where you do everything you can to stop the play but the other team suddenly become the sound-ninja 5 and you cant get the puck for the life of you.

I had this happen recently in NHL 18 (trying to finally finish my Franchise Mode after a hiatus).

I decided to jump in during the third period, and the opposing team had the same D-pair out nearly the entire game (with whistles and all).

I had a feeling they would score with less than 5 minutes to go and of course they do. My players felt sluggish the whole game even with max energy. Couldn't take control over not even once.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I had this happen recently in NHL 18 (trying to finally finish my Franchise Mode after a hiatus).

I decided to jump in during the third period, and the opposing team had the same D-pair out nearly the entire game (with whistles and all).

I had a feeling they would score with less than 5 minutes to go and of course they do. My players felt sluggish the whole game even with max energy. Couldn't take control over not even once.

I find it is not as bad this year as last year and (OMG) 2020. It's very annoying when you are looking for shutouts to complete an objective and they score on their first shot with a bs goal, even if that first shot is in the 3rd period

SegaChanneller

Jan 22, 2022
2K needs to come back in an awful way.

Why? So they can cram it full of microtransactions like they do with their NBA games? It's amazing to me how people can look at the decline of their NBA games, full of the same stuff they'd crucify EA for, and go yeah, I want some of that. I don't mind that they're just as money grubbing, I'm letting my feelings of nostalgia cloud my judgment.

I get it, we need competition more than ever, but 2k is just not it.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Why? So they can cram it full of microtransactions like they do with their NBA games? It's amazing to me how people can look at the decline of their NBA games, full of the same stuff they'd crucify EA for, and go yeah, I want some of that. I don't mind that they're just as money grubbing, I'm letting my feelings of nostalgia cloud my judgment.

I get it, we need competition more than ever, but 2k is just not it.

I know this comment is more than a week old, but I assume most of the people clamouring for 2K to make another NHL game haven't played NBA, likely ever... and are just going off what they remember from a decade ago.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
I know this comment is more than a week old, but I assume most of the people clamouring for 2K to make another NHL game haven't played NBA, likely ever... and are just going off what they remember from a decade ago.

what I think we really need is a team like San Diego Studio (MLB the Show) {although I'll admit I haven't played since like 18} but their franchise mode is soooooooo good, and I don't even like baseball.

Reactions: I3LI3

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Hahah Mtl is playing so bad right now that when they had a game that had us down 4-0 after 9 shots despite us having time of possession and shots, i posted on FB : "WTF IS THIS, NHL 22?"

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
what I think we really need is a team like San Diego Studio (MLB the Show) {although I'll admit I haven't played since like 18} but their franchise mode is soooooooo good, and I don't even like baseball.

Going back even further, SDS was through a merger with 989 sports years ago. IIRC, 989 was always rated 'second-tier' to EA and 2K

I still love playing the retro 989 titles on the Ps1. NHL Faceoff 2001 is my all time favorite

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Your problem was....

He was always in the right place at the last second in order for the team to act together and shut out your predictable gamestyle...

weve seen teams do it alot..

Halak and the canadiens was one example.. where the opponent seems to always be in the right spot at the very last second and that counts on there goals as well.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
This is why I''ve stopped playing this game offline.
Online I just get destroyed and kids tell me to kill my self when I quit after being scored on glitch goal after glitch goal
The very premise of competition and sports and especially online is that it breads pretty gross attitudes.. some pretty great ones though.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
View attachment 496925

I was columbus. this game is such a damn joke it’s comical.

10 mins time on attack, 29 shots on goal.

zero goals.

I actually got a game last night; it was a challenge and they scored one goal in one shot in the entire game, in the 3rd. My goalie litterally had 0% save percentage. I won the game easily, which would have been fine, except one of the challenges was for a shutout. Oh and i dont mean a breakaway goal, it was a backhand from between the blueline and faceoff circle.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
While we all want the NHL titles to be as close to reality as possible, they're still video games. As long as one think about it purely from a hockey standpoint, they'll lose to those who treat it as a video game where the goal is to win.

If you really wanna win games, all those stats are cute, but they don't do shit. If the goalie is programmed to block 99% of shots from a certain place/angle, and that's all you do, you can shoot 100 times and will get 1 goal still. On the contrary, figure out how to make the goalie move a certain way to get the net open and you'll get a goal on 99% of your shots. And if you're unable to perform a glitch goal because the opponent stops you, then you can stop them from doing them as well - the difference will be in timing and coordination.

Personally, I like a mix of both "hockey strategy" and "video game strategy" to balance fun and being competitive at the game aspect. And the best "hockey strat" to use is playing very patiently and being super cautious defensively. Ie. don't give them the opportunity to glitch goal, and don't force glitch goals (thus exposing your team if you miss one).

I only play the more recent NHL titles super unfrequently with friends/family when I see them though. The title I mostly play on is NHL 14 and I find it less glitchy than NHL 20,21

Reactions: tucson83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad