Tribute Underrated Sens of the past

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought he was gonna be a star too lol.

just a random thought: I had a Vinny Prospal #13 Sens jersey made when he was traded here in the Daigle deal. I wish I could find it lol

My brother was in a charity pool tournament with some Senators and Vinny sat on their pool table while on his phone with some girl so they couldn’t practice before the games started.

Reactions: DrEasy and cudi

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My brother was in a charity pool tournament with some Senators and Vinny sat on their pool table while on his phone with some girl so they couldn’t practice before the games started.
Vinny was great ... he just had this funny way about him all the time with that smirk.

Reactions: DrEasy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought Fat Balloon was gonna be the better player between he and Prospal.

He was the Cody Hodgson of his time.

Funny how they drafted Ray Whitney in the 2nd round because they were buddies and he went on to quite a career.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He was the Cody Hodgson of his time.

Funny how they drafted Ray Whitney in the 2nd round because they were buddies and he went on to quite a career.

Remember when we had Canadian Olympian Rob Zamuner on the team?? His season with 19 goals wasnt too bad lol.

Reactions: Yak and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Remember when we had Canadian Olympian Rob Zamuner on the team?? His season with 19 goals wasnt too bad lol.

Also Mike Sillinger - my brother has a Sillinger Sens jersey for some reason and the radio guys at the games always give him a big smile when they see it during the post game.

Although not that surprising because he played for everyone.

Reactions: Yak

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Also Mike Sillinger - my brother has a Sillinger Sens jersey for some reason and the radio guys at the games always give him a big smile when they see it during the post game.

Although not that surprising because he played for everyone.

His son gonna get drafted in round 1 this draft. If he doesn't follow in Mike's footsteps i'll be very disappointed. His NHL goal should be to play for every team his dad didn't play for. Who cares about a stanley cup.

Reactions: NyQuil

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I have some vague recollection of him getting a hattrick, possibly in pre-season.

I have so many of those vague memories of games when I was a kid. Was Jason Zent supposed to be good at one time or another? His name sticks out in my mind lol

Bruce Gardiner is another who stands out in my mind. I just remember he looked sad all the time

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was partial to Jani Hurme. I think it was the LA brawl that did it for me. Him not being able to get his glove off while fighting Potvin and needing White on the bench to help will always make me laugh

I was in the stands for the other LA brawl where everyone got tossed and Avery punched Hasek in the face so Emery came in.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I always thought Joe Corvo was underrated, helped them reach the cup final, would have liked him to stick around a bit longer.

Reactions: Samsquanch

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Did anyone else think Andreas Johansson was gonna be a sick player after his 21 goal year in 98/99? I was pretty young so i assumed he was gonna be a star lol

I met him at the senators fan event thing they held at the building that year. I got his autograph and told him I picked him in my hockey pool. He said "why?"

Always liked that player. He had a knack for getting breakaways. Just kinda fizzled out

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I came here to mention Rachunek and Prospal, and am glad to see both already mentioned!

- Rachunek: solid defensively, could take a hit without coughing up the puck. On the PP could hold the puck at the blue line, pass the puck nicely, and direct it to the net when the time came. He didn't have a big shot, but could aim it. RIP.

- Prospal: plucky #2 C, great vision, underrated shot. May not have been great defensively, maybe why Jacques didn't seem to like him much. Was heartbroken when he left. Had a great career, including the Cup with Tampa. Da Costa reminded me of him. To this day I believe Da Costa could have had a good career in the NHL if given a chance.

One who hasn't been mentioned yet:

- Sami Salo: big guy who could take care of business defensively. And dat thunderous shot!

Last edited:
Reactions: HzH

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Meszaros. I hate him because he probably helped the team move on from Chara (f*** x 1000) at that point in history.

But he really was a great player overall for us in 2/3 seasons, and had outright fantastic offensive numbers in 3/3 of them. Remarkable for a Dman in his 3 first seasons.

And he never developed any further, and regressed when his role and the minutes/pressure increased for him in TB. But we got prime time Meszy, thats not our problem.

It seemed like the guy got Ceci levels of shade at many times from us, and yet he was in reality one of the more notable Dmen debuts that we've had in our team history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad