USMNT - 2026 World Cup Cycle

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Investigation seemed to come to the conclusion everyone had when it first broke. Reyna’s parents are the worst soccer parents. Combine that with there standing in US soccer and it’s even worse.

Reactions: Bakayoko Ono

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Investigation seemed to come to the conclusion everyone had when it first broke. Reyna’s parents are the worst soccer parents. Combine that with there standing in US soccer and it’s even worse.
No one looks good after this. Claudio Reyna won’t be hireable again after this but he shouldn’t have been after he covered up the David Villa stuff so who knows. Berhalter should not be near the team either but he will wind up back in MLS at some point.

Need to get past this ASAP and show they aren’t dysfunctional

Reactions: kingsboy11

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FrRnykHX0AA43tU

I actually kind of like this roster? Not a single MLS player in the squad?

Don't know how much time he'll get, but I'm really curious to see Booth play

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah I figured whoever the next coach was would immediately bring Reyna back. We don't have players good enough to banish Gio.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
FrRnykHX0AA43tU

No point to call up MLS guys who don't have a break when you can call up some more European/foreign guys who do have a break.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
FrRnykHX0AA43tU

Miles?

Yeah I figured whoever the next coach was would immediately bring Reyna back. We don't have players good enough to banish Gio.
I doubt he'd be banished even if Berhalter comes back--it seemed like even in the "infamous" conference comments he was trying to spin it as something where Gio ultimately showed positive growth. Kid is immature and I don't like his overall effort level sometimes, but he shouldn't be punished because his parents are toxic.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We don't know whether they attempted to or not. It's obviously a two way process.
According to Hudson (not that he is permanent solution) there’s been some dialogue/they hinted there’s been some dialogue.

USA also got Zendejas in this cycle so it’s not like they weren’t having these conversations with others

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
According to Hudson (not that he is permanent solution) there’s been some dialogue/they hinted there’s been some dialogue.

USA also got Zendejas in this cycle so it’s not like they weren’t having these conversations with others
So the US is showing he's wanted and England isn't. Seems like there might be something to the Instagram post, then.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So the US is showing he's wanted and England isn't. Seems like there might be something to the Instagram post, then.
Maybe? I think reading into social media stuff is a silly exercise . I will leave reading the tea leaves to others. But again I’m not going to claim victory when USA hasn’t gotten him in either

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No one is claiming victory.
No one on here necessarily is, but on Twitter they are reporting this like it’s the discovery of penicillin. Taylor Twellman for one stoking the flames, everyone is reporting it like USA is laying a flag here, and that’s not what as happened yet

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
View attachment 669594

Pulisic said. "I think we all have seen what's been going on. I think it's childish, it's youth soccer, people complaining about playing time. I don't want to go too far into that, but that's what we'll say."

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The talking heads are campaigning

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad