Valeri Nichushkin placed in NHLPA assistance program stage 3 - suspended without pay for min. 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There was allways a knock on Val even back when he was drafted that yeah he's an increbible talent but also a bit of a troubled personality. Stars are pretty good at keeping things quiet but there were allways rumblings that the buyout wasn't just because of his , back then , poor play. He just never could get his shit together .

Reactions: Grigowski

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
I’m sorry but there is something kind of funny about the announcement that he’s in “Stage 3” of the program when no one knew there was even a stage 2. Sometimes it seems like the NHL just makes it up as they’re going along

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
6 months? whoa

edit: forgot about that hotel thing last year and didn't realize he had already been in the program this year on top of that, the 6 months makes a lot more sense now

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
HUGE liability issues. Drug users are high risk for work accidents and costlier insurance.

I've had to pass drug tests for my last 3 or 4 jobs.

There are other reason you can Google.

It’s not an employers business what their employees do outside company time unless it affects the company. It’s gross that the US allows it so frequently, but employee rights are largely a joke there anyway.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Always wondered how this guy co-exists in the locker room with Mac. Val has likely played his last game in Colorado.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dunno, I would have waited until the summer.

It’s not an employers business what their employees do outside company time unless it affects the company. It’s gross that the US allows it so frequently, but employee rights are largely a joke there anyway.
What? Employees represent the company, free time or not. People get fired for what they do in their free time all the time.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
He's done nothing illegal and firing a guy for having a disease is crazy illegal. Like not cba illegal like us court system illegal.

They could make this go away if Nichuskin wants it to go away but he's got thirty six million reasons not too.

Someone can't be fired for showing up to work intoxicated?

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Did you know it's possible to have empathy for Nuke, while also admitting he let his team down?
He got empathy two times within 6 months buddy.

I mean, they found a heavy druged hooker in his room in Seattle and got him away immediately. That was allready borderline and he killed his team right there.

Then he got "sleeping problems" and claimed it was because of his newborn. Ok.

This is trike No. 3 and the worst blow he could have delivered to his team and career.

At what point is it enough?

And the biggest joke: He still has his contract.

I only feel sorry for his wife, young child and family. That´s it.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Dunno, I would have waited until the summer.

What? Employees represent the company, free time or not. People get fired for what they do in their free time all the time.

Just because something happens doesn’t mean it isn’t bullshit. Employers love to overstep and there’s enough idiots who’ve convinced themselves it’s in the interest of “professionalism”. Unless you’re in a situation where you’re presenting the company negatively outside of work hours or what you do affects your performance then it’s none of their business. Anyway, my point is, employers can’t drug test prospective employees in Canada except under limited circumstances, which is a good thing.

Last edited:

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Stupid rule. Hockey players are highly paid dancing monkeys for our entertainment who put their health on the line, anyway. It's none of our business what they put into their bodies in their free time.
And don't give me any of that sanctimonious "role model for our kids"-nonsense.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Stupid rule. Hockey players are highly paid dancing monkeys for our entertainment who put their health on the line, anyway. It's none of our business what they put into their bodies in their free time.
And don't give me any of that sanctimonious "role model for our kids"-nonsense.

I don't disagree per se, but I'm guessing the guy paying them millions would. If someone can get drug tested working at Walmart, why not the NHL?

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
I love the takes. People with addictions don't have a right to make a living.

Yes, unironically. Bunch of fields where you have to get drug tested. I get randoms every now and then as a truck driver. If I get caught, regardless of if it's on the job or not, I'm done and never getting another job again.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Can't help but think this won't end well, Jimmy Hayes type of end if he doesn't get his shit together. Good on the NHL for stepping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad