Valeri Nichushkin placed in NHLPA assistance program stage 3 - suspended without pay for min. 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Suspended for minimum 6 months without pay for failing drugs test.
Players only get paid during the regular season so he will miss around of a month's worth of pay if he is reinstated after the 6 months.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I don’t agree with drug use but as long as it’s not PEDs I don’t see why it matters. There’s no way he’s the only one in the league using drugs. Assuming he’s a coke head or something that only negatively affects himself. Either way hopefully he gets the help he needs

Reactions: Voight

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
I'm not sure I have all the facts, from what I've seen now he failed a drug test, but we have no idea he failed a drug test for which drug, If it's a performance enhancing drug it's 100% deserved, if it's cocaine or another drug he uses because he's addicted or likes to have fun I don't see why he should be suspended for it.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Players don’t typically get suspended for abusing non-performance enhancing substances. This must have been part of him being reinstated in the first place.
I mean it's "stage 3" of the program...does anyone know what that exactly means? My best guess is "stage 1" was after last year's playoffs when he left the team; "stage 2" was in January of this year when he entered the program again; and now this is strike 3. I'm guessing they were some pretty stringent requirements about his return...this is the third time in the past ~365 days he's needed assistance. Clearly he's got a huge problem.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Does NHL even do drug testing? Seems weird to me. I guess he did something that really stood out in a bad way.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Wish him some sustained help, got his cup and played way above expectations for the Avs. Funny seeing some Dallas fans in here throw shade.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Ruzicka had his contract terminated by the Coyotes after his Instagram story shown some coke in it.
That was just plain stupidity tho. It’s one thing to keep it to yourself/friends at a party but posting it on your story for the world to see when you’re supposed to be a role model is a whole other thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad