OT: Visiting Chicago 2 - All Pizza, All the Time

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Since I loved to the suburbs 3 years ago I feel like a tourist when I return so this feels like the proper spot for me to post this question.

Need a spot to eat before the game Saturday west loop area, nothing fancy. Just for me and my buddy and his college aged son who is not an adventurous eater.. Was thinking the Loyalist, but the menu is pretty limited if you're not there for the burger.

Would love to hit Au Cheval, but scared of the wait time.

Any other suggestions? was gonna go to Little Goat Diner, but didn't realize it moved to Southport corridor.
Does....not....compute....

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hey guys, there is a chance I might be getting a job in Chicago and I was wondering about Downers Grove; good area, bad area, and anything else I need to know?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hey guys, there is a chance I might be getting a job in Chicago and I was wondering about Downers Grove; good area, bad area, and anything else I need to know?
Great area. I live 10 mins south of there. No reason not to move there. There's a small "downtown" area with a little bit of a bar scene, including a great sports bar, and some restaurants and coffee shops. There's a train station into the city right in the little downtown area, also. Shopping and restaurants all close by. You should have absolutely no concerns with moving there. It's a pretty well-off/affluent suburb. Lots of upper-middle to upper-class homes, minimal crime, etc.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Great area. I live 10 mins south of there. No reason not to move there. There's a small "downtown" area with a little bit of a bar scene, including a great sports bar, and some restaurants and coffee shops. There's a train station into the city right in the little downtown area, also. Shopping and restaurants all close by. You should have absolutely no concerns with moving there. It's a pretty well-off/affluent suburb. Lots of upper-middle to upper-class homes, minimal crime, etc.
Solid place
Thanks lads! How far is it from all the good stuff in downtown Chicago? Also, does the city have a good Polish population?

Additionally, should I worry about tornadoes? I saw that Fairdale got hit by a nasty one some years ago and one that hit Plainfield which is not that far away from DG.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Thanks lads! How far is it from all the good stuff in downtown Chicago? Also, does the city have a good Polish population?

Additionally, should I worry about tornadoes? I saw that Fairdale got hit by a nasty one some years ago and one that hit Plainfield which is not that far away from DG.
Depends on how you go into the city. By drive? Probably anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour+ depending on the time of day/traffic. By train I believe it's about 45 mins to the heart of the city at Union Station. Not too bad, either way. It has a roughly 15% population of Polish ancestry. Which is a pretty solid number. Quite a bit of Polish ancestry in the suburbs surrounding Downers, also. No, you shouldn't worry about tornadoes really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad