Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
Bridestone non-hockey question: how are the first few rows of the upper bowl for concerts? we're planning on coming for Queen in August and prices for the lower bowl are more than we want to spend.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Bridestone non-hockey question: how are the first few rows of the upper bowl for concerts? we're planning on coming for Queen in August and prices for the lower bowl are more than we want to spend.

I've sat in upper bowl for concerts. I just don't think there's many bad seats in the arena. I think if you're uncomfortable with paying for lower level then you'll be just fine in the upper bowl.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I've sat in upper bowl for concerts. I just don't think there's many bad seats in the arena. I think if you're uncomfortable with paying for lower level then you'll be just fine in the upper bowl.

The sound isn't terrible? I went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra a few years ago (sat in 114) and the sound for the few vocals was just echoing off the rafters. I couldn't imagine being there for a regular concert.

That's the reason I haven't been back to a concert there.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Quick question for you guys. I have tickets to the game against Toronto in March in row HH. How many rows off the ice is that? Also, do you guys have any type of ticket buying/selling on the forum? Didn't want to dig too deep into the ticket thread, but might need to sell these. Thanks.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Quick question for you guys. I have tickets to the game against Toronto in March in row HH. How many rows off the ice is that? Also, do you guys have any type of ticket buying/selling on the forum? Didn't want to dig too deep into the ticket thread, but might need to sell these. Thanks.
Depends on what section they're in, it should be 8th row. I'm pretty sure they start off on the glass at AA.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Depends on what section they're in, it should be 8th row. I'm pretty sure they start off on the glass at AA.

Great, thanks. Hoping you guys do have a ticket exchange thing around here. Would rather someone from HF get the tickets rather than someone on stubhub or something.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Well im down here. Practice went great but I was wondering where the best place to buy a jersey is? I checked the team store and they didnt have much of a selection. Im looking for a Josi jersey preferably eithout the nameplate.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
You might try Dick's Sporting Goods, Tennessee Sports Fan (they're around malls), Academy, or Hibbetts. Call and ask. I don't know how good their selection is--really the pro shop has about the best selection I've seen in one place. A lot of times you'll see a lot of one player in a place but no other ones.

To the person asking about the sound for concerts. I'll be honest, I don't think the concert sound is great and I'm no audiophile. But if you're going for the experience, you should be able to see from most of the upper bowl, but remember it'll be upper bowl and you probably can't see the expressions, you know? The only thing I'd be really wary of is being behind the stage. Usually the stage is set up around 110 111, in front of the zamboni entrance if that helps. You'll want to stay away from 313 to 322 or so or be really sure the sight lines are there.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
In town first time on many years. If you see an older guy with older jersey with 00 and St. Cyr. On back please say hi

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Glad you're back lstcyr! Have you been downtown yet? You'll be shocked. I'll keep an eye out.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
To the person asking about the sound for concerts. I'll be honest, I don't think the concert sound is great and I'm no audiophile. But if you're going for the experience, you should be able to see from most of the upper bowl, but remember it'll be upper bowl and you probably can't see the expressions, you know? The only thing I'd be really wary of is being behind the stage. Usually the stage is set up around 110 111, in front of the zamboni entrance if that helps. You'll want to stay away from 313 to 322 or so or be really sure the sight lines are there.

we ended up with 328 row B. I'm not too worried about seeing expressions because we're talking Queen here. I'm quite sure they're going to have giant video screens. apparently the stage is set up like a guitar neck and partial guitar body. I'm not a big Queen fan but I know it's going to be a very elaborate show. :handclap:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
we ended up with 328 row B. I'm not too worried about seeing expressions because we're talking Queen here. I'm quite sure they're going to have giant video screens. apparently the stage is set up like a guitar neck and partial guitar body. I'm not a big Queen fan but I know it's going to be a very elaborate show. :handclap:

You'll be fine, I think, particularly with video screens. I think B is kind of in the middle of the section. I have sat all over the arena and have only had one "bad" seat--and it was just because of my height. Had I been even an inch taller it wouldn't have mattered a bit.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Ok my brothers and sisters of the Vol. State. I need a good place to see the solar eclipse in August between Hendersonville and Cookeville. A quiet place where you can get someplace good to eat and watch the moon blot out the sun!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Probably somewhere around Livingston, Algood...Fall Creek Falls or maybe Mt. Juliet--there's a State Park off of Hobson Pk but the name escapes me. Charlie Daniels park in Mt. J. would probably be excellent. You're going to want a field, no trees to block the view. I'd say most of these places at least have fast food available. All these places are off the beaten path, therefore "quiet".

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Probably somewhere around Livingston, Algood...Fall Creek Falls or maybe Mt. Juliet--there's a State Park off of Hobson Pk but the name escapes me. Charlie Daniels park in Mt. J. would probably be excellent. You're going to want a field, no trees to block the view. I'd say most of these places at least have fast food available. All these places are off the beaten path, therefore "quiet".

Danke.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Ok my brothers and sisters of the Vol. State. I need a good place to see the solar eclipse in August between Hendersonville and Cookeville. A quiet place where you can get someplace good to eat and watch the moon blot out the sun!

A lot of state parks and places like that are already full with camping and rv reservations for that time period.

I'm searching for the same. I've seen a lot of organizations setting up viewing spots, but I haven't kept any of them.

Some of the state parks are doing group watching with rangers,etc.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
You're thinking of Long Hunter State Park. And honestly if I watch the eclipse near home I'll probably go to Charlie Daniels Park. It's like a mile from the house....but MJ Middle School is right there and could be a distraction.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Long Hunter--yeah. Passed that place 3 times a week back when I drove Logoon to inline skating at LaVergne. Brain just couldn't pull the name out of the file.

Y'all are really thinking ahead. I'd have thought about it on oh, August 20...

Too bad schools will be in session. I know a lot of schools with big ole fields available but you know they'll have the kids out there.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Long Hunter--yeah. Passed that place 3 times a week back when I drove Logoon to inline skating at LaVergne. Brain just couldn't pull the name out of the file.

Too bad schools will be in session. I know a lot of schools with big ole fields available but you know they'll have the kids out there.
Since it's on a Monday I'll probably be at work downtown....which could be an interesting place to be.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I read about the event a few years ago before I even moved to the area. Things were booking up back then, I imagine it's all jam packed now.

Tunez33

Mar 29, 2013
question, i am going to the march 4th game vs the blackhawks, i was told it supposed to be a yellow out? can anyone confirm if that is true? if it is i want to pick up some yellow predator shirts before i head down there

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
question, i am going to the march 4th game vs the blackhawks, i was told it supposed to be a yellow out? can anyone confirm if that is true? if it is i want to pick up some yellow predator shirts before i head down there
It's possible they're handing out yellow shirts but what you may have heard is something along the lines of "Keep the red out" which is sort of a ticket policy when we play Chicago. The team tries every trick in the book to "keep the red out".

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN

Just wear gold anyway. Most people wear gold shirts or jerseys every game.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

They're giving away gold rally towels. https://www.nhl.com/predators/tickets/ticket-promotions-giveaway-items

You can find t-shirts at most Target and Kohl's stores around Nashville and they have a pro shop at the arena. They also have gear at pretty much any sporting goods/sporting attire store.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I have been thinking of driving down for the eclipse. My info says that Hopkinsville, KY is near the center line of totality.The Land Between the Lakes is mostly in the path of totality. Coming from Milwaukee, I want to be north and west of Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad