Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'm so torn on Duchene.

On the other hand his incredible goal against Pittsburgh was the first Avs game I watched. He got me hooked and to wake up almost every second day in the middle of the night to watch the Avs play. Also got his jersey, my favorite player for years.

On the other hand I'd really like to say f*** him and his loser altitude, hopefully he wins nothing.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

Nuke and Rants got that big booty presence in front of Hellebuck. Presenting their asses and daring the Jets defense to feast.

Landy was even better at it. But compared to those two Landy is tiny.

Lehkonen also feasts in front of the net. And as much as we don't want to see Parise on the second line he scores a lot from the dirty areas too.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Nuke and Rants got that big booty presence in front of Hellebuck. Presenting their asses and daring the Jets defense to feast.

Lehkonen also feasts in front of the net. And as much as we don't want to see Parise on the second line he scores a lot from the dirty areas too.

This post screams the picture @henchman21 used for a while for his profile. Rantashian one.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010

Do you think Landy was better at it?? I kind of feel like Nuke’s the better net front guy on the powerplay at this point. My memory might be a bit off to be honest though

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Do you think Landy was better at it?? I kind of feel like Nuke’s the better net front guy on the powerplay at this point. My memory might be a bit off to be honest though
Landy was good, but Lehky + Nuke both there is better.

Would be nice next season if they can keep JD, and put Landy on the 2nd unit along with Rosco and have two PP units like that.

Makar, Mack, Mikko, Lehky, Nuke
Toews, JD, Mitts, Landy, Rosco

Reactions: 22FUTON9

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Maybe an indication of when the Avs might play.

If Dallas closes it out, obviously they start in Dallas, but if Vegas comes back to win, Game 1 vs Colorado is probably Tuesday in Denver

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
If planted in front of the net Nuke is tops. And getting to loose pucks Lehk is better.

But Landy had this great ability to skate into the sight lanes as the shot was getting released. Which makes it more unpredictable for defenders and the goalie.

The reads off of MacK skating up high near the blue line and ripping off a shot where Landy had just moved into the slot to block the goalies line of sight was such a beautiful thing to see.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
1714763190716.jpeg

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Reactions: Pokecheque

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I think Landy has better hand eye coordination and better at tips. Nuke is the better screener as he's just a mountain of a man. Lehky is probably the worst of the 3 but he's still damn good and he's the quickest at getting to loose pucks.

Landy and Pavelski are, in my opinion, the two best tippers/deflectors in the league

Reactions: The Moops

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Landy is a beast in front of the net. They did move him away from there for a while after he got injured a few years back, (I think it was Barrie shot?) but when he does it, he's remarkable. I also have to tip my hat to Mikko this year. He has a bunch of tip goals this season. What's weird with Mikko, is that he's doing it 15-20 feet away from the net. Nothing like Nuke or Landy.

Reactions: Pokecheque

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Does anyone know what was Georgiev’s average save percentage from game 2 to game 5? It had to be well over 900. He finished the series with sub 900 but that’s because he posted a 600 in game 1

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Random thought but the Avs seem to really lean heavily into their color blue for their off ice apparel

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Random thought but the Avs seem to really lean heavily into their color blue for their off ice apparel
I actually think it's a slow rebrand we're watching. Seems like they've been leaning more into the blue than burgundy the last 5 years or so but it might've started with the blue-berries. We've had the 2nd Retro Colorado State Flag uniforms we wore for a season, we're still using the illuminati design as our thirds. Would not surprise me in the least if our next home jersey is navy with burgundy accents.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaconNater

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
This is a random thought but it makes sense they do it. Burgundy is a bit of an odd colour and the Avs use a very specific and unusual shade of it that’s hard to replicate (it makes for a huge pain doing name/number kits for jerseys because is the dye is slightly wrong the match is off). Trying to match that in their apparel wouldn’t be easy and also blue is just a colour that more people can pull off than burgundy

Reactions: BaconNater

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Just love the fact that we built an entire team of wingers that are good at scoring playoff style goals. With Makar, Toews, and Mack having accurate shots. Mack and Makar can essentially "create their own shot" as well.

Even Colton is a net front guy and Kovalenko not bad either.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad