GDT: WCQF | G4 | “Village To Burn” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.28.24 | 8:30PM | Crypto.com | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Why did I think it would be different against Rittich? Pass parade like we are scared to shoot on a backup again. These guys should know Rittich very well by now and want to embarrass him.
I don't get it either. New goalie and hasn't played very much in a month and you want to not shoot?

Reactions: oobga

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers defending getting to the next level. Best I've seen in the McDrai era. Oilers bending a bit but not letting Kings get much from quality scoring areas. Really good coverage own zone and battleing well NZ. Not giving kings the kind of odd man rushes and open looks they like. Skinner stopping everything and in position. But Oilers have been batting anything going cross ice.

Really a good goal prevention focus by both clubs. Neither have allowed an EV goal.
I very much agree. It shows faith in Skinner too, that he can handle these shots as long as he can see them and doesn't have to switch too quickly

Reactions: TheNumber4

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I mean I"m an Oiler fan but that penalty was so soft it was insane.

If that got called on the Oilers it would be absolute outrage here.

If you're calling that stuff all night, sure. But with all the shit they've let go? That's not a penalty, not even close.

If it makes you feel better Ekholm took a high stick seconds later. 😂

But real talk you can't tackle a guy then hold him down. Just the push? Eh kind of weak. Just the hold? Eh, kind of weak.

But you can't slash your own stick in half, then tackle the guy, then hold him down and expect all of that not to be called.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think the game has been hard battled. Oilers strategy in this one is make LA break first. Keep em outside, contained, and wait for breakdowns. Not typical of the Oilers but Kings expending a lot of energy through those two periods.
I don't think this will work in the 3rd, Oilers need some pushback at some point.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
If it makes you feel better Ekholm took a high stick seconds later. 😂

But real talk you can't tackle a guy then hold him down. Just the push? Eh kind of weak. Just the hold? Eh, kind of weak.

But you can't slash your own stick in half, then tackle the guy, then hold him down and expect all of that not to be called.

The arm went up before the hold to the ground occurred. The penalty was the soft grab.

I'll take it, but I'm not going to pretend it wasn't soft as shit especially considering what has not been called in this game.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Is Stu can pull this one out for us, will seriously consider some California Closets.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Vinny, Holloway or another young player will get a very soft penalty called against them with 5 minutes or less remaining. If I could bet on it I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad