GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I know it's fashionable to blame Petey right now but blaming him for a brief pause after Miller threw a grenade cross-ice is ridiculous.

I think it’s all relative though. Everyone makes mistakes, but with Miller it hasn’t been a theme for months

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I know it's fashionable to blame Petey right now but blaming him for a brief pause after Miller threw a grenade cross-ice is ridiculous.
It's not just him, no. But he's been the worst and it's just reality that the bar is higher for him.

People have also criticized Hughes, which is also 100% deserved.

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
Mikheyev is so elegant on his feet, but plays like he has 2 broken hands

Reactions: Red

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I just think it's silly and tiring we go through this whole song and dance with literally every single player on our team. Miller had issues and everyone wanted to get rid of him; Boeser had issues and everyone wanted to get rid of him. Pettersson has issues and everyone wants to get rid of him. You're more than welcome to have those takes, but you can't just point at those same players you wanted out when they were struggling as success stories when disparaging the current problem player.

im
not trying to trade Petey, butnyou have to admit hes been terrible.
mikheyev does a million twirls and spins accomplishing nothing

Reactions: B-rock

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If this trend continues, it's time for a shakeup Tocchet.....and it surely has to start with Di Guiseppe. I realize he doesn't get enough ice time for it to matter much.

But if doesn't park him in favor of Podkolzin, then it's not 'coaching strategy' it's 'stubborness'

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Honestly feel like Saros is very beatable. Team just needs to actually dig for pucks and win the board battles to get shots on net.

He’s looked very pedestrian all series. The only good save he made was off his own terrible rebound.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Mikheyev just no effort to keep the puck in, then just doesn't try when he gets the puck behind his own net which caused this icing.....smh

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
What scares me with Petey is that a lot of his struggles don’t seem to be physical—they seem mental… decision-making, effort, emotion.

Maybe it’s psychological, maybe it’s his concussion history, maybe it’s PA-related. I don’t know. But it worries me.

Reactions: SiZ and geebaan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad