GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
This core is not young. This season is not 'about experience'. We're almost guaranteed to take a step back in terms of roster quality this year.

Everyone else looks good. Pettersson - just like he did almost all year - looks like a demoralized sack of shit who is scared to handle the puck.
Different players with different brains are going to play differently when the moment arises. I agree that Pettersson isn't good enough and that vulnerability could easily turn into an inability (just look at Marner), but this is the teams first real playoff series - for most other teams in the playoffs, it's their 3rd, fourth, or fifth go. Getting a Crosby or a Kane that can just step in and instantly perform and win is not typical. I'd also say that how good everyone has been is a mixed bag - I don't think anyone has been at their absolute best in this series other than maybe Boeser.

Roster quality is 50/50, we need to get the kinds of value Dallas is getting, and Tampa did get, out of young, cost-controlled, internal promotions. No matter how we get it - this team is still lacking in talent in the top 6 on the wing and likely needs a top 4 D. If this is the best our roster quality can be with this core then we're not winning anything.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Anyone think game 2 psychologically affected them more than we think. Kind of like how the Minnesota game had a seemingly lasting impact? In that case it was all the penalties and the 10 goals against, in this case it's dominating possession and getting everything blocked and not even having 20 shots on net to show for it.

Idk, I'm just trying to make this all make sense.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Different players with different brains are going to play differently when the moment arises. I agree that Pettersson isn't good enough and that vulnerability could easily turn into an inability (just look at Marner), but this is the teams first real playoff series - for most other teams in the playoffs, it's their 3rd, fourth, or fifth go. Getting a Crosby or a Kane that can just step in and instantly perform and win is not typical.

Roster quality is 50/50, we need to get the kinds of value Dallas is getting, and Tampa did get, out of young, cost-controlled, internal promotions. No matter how we get it - this team is still lacking in talent in the top 6 on the wing and likely needs a top 4 D. If this is the best our roster quality can be with this core then we're not winning anything.

This is nothing to do with the playoffs with Pettersson.

This is what we saw all year. This is what we saw when he quit on the team for all of 2021.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I'd put Petey on the 4th line and take him off the top PP unit and see if getting embarrassed wakes him up a bit.

They've been coddling him for months.
I would e-transfer Pettersson’s parents $5000 to spank him after this game and knock some sense into his Swedish meatballs.

• Haha
Reactions: thefeebster

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Mik lackadaisically spinning around and not getting the puck out in his own zone is a huge issue. When he sucked earlier in the season he was dogging it on both sides of the ice.

Podz has no goals but this team needs an injection of enthusiasm. Maybe he could bring that. PDG and Lafferty are doing OK, but the team needs that spark more than them just sawing off their minutes.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
This is nothing to do with the playoffs with Pettersson.

This is what we saw all year. This is what we saw when he quit on the team for all of 2021.
I'm tired of the excuses for him. There comes a point when the excuses run out, and a pattern starts to emerge.

Reactions: B-rock

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I don't know. There are clearly expectations, similar to the Rangers. Look how they struggled and didn't do anything in the playoffs until this season. Maybe it takes time? I have no idea whats up with Pettersson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark