GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Why is everyone saying shuffle lines to get Pettersson going? If the powerplay has shown anything hes going to still suck. Leave all our bums on the Pettersson line and let the line 1 3 and 4 play without that anchor.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
It's still one trick that this team pretty desperately needs though. We really don't have a fast forward corps...or defence.

Combined with Tocchet's system...forces them into playing a lot of east-west through the neutral zone. Which is pretty much stymied by a team like Nashville clogging up the middle. It's why we struggle so immensely to deal with Los Angeles.
It would help if he had at least some puck skills and a smidgen of hockey iq.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Petey needs to hit the gym in the offseason, now that he has his first taste of what real playoff action is like. He'll be fine in the long run, I think.

Doesn't help us this year, but it is what it is in that respect.

Reactions: alternate

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Man I have to only imagine how this forum treated the Sedins back in the day lol

It was awful, but I never once questioned the Sedins' effort, and they definitely put the work in to get better and better. They were f***ing amazing tbh.

I didn't see much effort from Petey in that second period and personally that's where he starts to lose me.

Everyone goes through a tough stretch, but the one thing players can control is effort.

Reactions: TruKnyte

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
Yup, this game is completely winnable, if we show up in the third, everything can change quickly.

Nobody will care about ep40 struggling so far if he comes up with a couple of huge goals here
Can confirm, if he gets just a single goal I was stop my whining

• Haha
Reactions: Canucks LB

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Part of this goes back to the discussion that was had around the Captaincy. Where Miller was out because when he's frustrated, he shows it by "trying to hard" and just doing total Bozo things.

Pettersson was out because when he's frustrated...he sulks. And it doesn't show any real outward signs that he's actually even "trying". He just looks like a zombie right now. The body language is terrible. You can visibly see the confidence is shot and he's retreating into doing very little to avoid messing up.

Which is how we ended up with Hughes, pretty much by default.
That's fair which is why we can talk about that. But you are also not a person saying super extreme things.

I disagree that he's not showing outward signs, I made comments where he was fighting through contact and extending the play. Did that last? No.

Clearly we need him to wake up to win. But honestly the bubble didn't count. We had no idea how this team as a whole would react in the playoffs. A lot of guys are not performing under the pressure. Honestly I'm not surprised, they overperformed this season and raised out expectations. Which may not have been realistic.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I don't care if Petey flubs a shot - it's clear he's trying and honestly with Mikheyev and Hoglander being unable to do anything with the puck, it's rough. But it's the immediate giving up on the play or sulking after something happens and it's not his way. There's no room for that. Every second in the playoffs counts. There's no time to sulk - be more like Miller and buckle down.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Put hronek in peteys spot on the PP and just let him grip it and rip it, seriously.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
It was awful, but I never once questioned the Sedins' effort, and they definitely put the work in to get better and better. They were f***ing amazing tbh.

I didn't see much effort from Petey in that second period and personally that's where he starts to lose me.

Everyone goes through a tough stretch, but the one thing players can control is effort.

Dude needs a sports psychologist or something

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Missed the 1st and first 5 minutes of the 2nd, but from what Ive seen is a continuation of the last two games.

I have no idea what Mikheyev offers offensively. Hes good on the PK and defensively responsible but absolutely 100% useless in the o zone.

Pettersson is absolutely invisible.

Miller, Suter, Hronek, all with chances to shoot but keep unnecessary passes.

At least Hoglander shoots all the time, even if he should think more. Id take that over the over thinking of the passing brigade ffs

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
This forum is vicious to anyone who underperforms at any given moment.
Are you really surprised that the forum is critical of a player who gave the team an ultimatum that he wanted to play for a "winner" to stay in town, only for the team to be near the top of the league the entire season in spite of him? And now up 2-1 in a series in spite of him as well?

He really hasn't ingratiated himself well with the city to have leeway when he struggles like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad