GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Made adjustments. Eliminated the Canucks ability to move the puck up the ice.
Meanwhile Tocchet is running the same schemes and same player combos.

Case in point. This is the least effective Hughes has been all season. Nashville has completely eliminated that aspect of our game. Instead of adjusting to a different zone entry approach or even moving Hughes around to try catching Nashville napping, he just keeps deploying the exact same thing hoping they'll "figure it out"

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Lol there's no way they aren't sick. We played like gang busters all season long, only to get neutered by the weakest western conference team?
Yeah but one problem all year was not nearly enough shots and volume of chances. It's just at another level now because, well it's the playoffs. The Canucks don't have the speed or strength to overcome the intensity and generate. The skill alone isn't nearly enough.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
The thing that makes me think they're battling something is that even the usual high energy guys have struggled.
Then what is it?......I know people are wringing their hands about Pettersson, but they're getting nothing out of Blueger, Mikeyev, Lafferty, Di Guiseppe, Suter and even Hoglander.

I don't care how well they defend, you can't go anywhere when the offense from the bottom of the roster is completely AWOL.
That's what makes me think there's something to the flu thing. Even Joshua looks gassed out there and he's almost always going.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Where in the rules does it say anything about knee hinge? It’s “distinct kicking motion” and from the replay he propelled it forward by moving his foot in that direction. You can see it in the second replay on this.

Why would his back leg move forward if he wasn’t propelling the puck with his foot. Ie. a kicking motion?
It can't be explained any better if you cant grasp it im sorry.

The puck hits forsbergs heel/skate.

To be a kick you have to Toe punt it in in an overtly obvious way. Propelling it in with your skate while your back leg moves forward a couple inches is not "distinct" nor really a "kicking motion"

Thats it. Thats all there is. Been interpreted that way for several years, partially to increase scoring.

AD16

Aug 6, 2020
The topic of discussion has been our goaltending all series. Should be the forwards. Pathetic effort from them all series. But to be honest, my suspicion is that they’re just not as good as we all thought they were. This is likely their best, which is of course is simply not good enough.

Reactions: SiZ and TruKnyte

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
got lucky to steal one game in nashville. if canucks keep playing like this it’s nashville in 6.

hopefully the boys can come back home with a better effort. i still believe in these guys. canucks in 7. petey needs to step up or we are done for.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
They were up 2-1 winning this series but came out this game feeling sorry for themselves I guess because there banged up and demko is out. Just not much effort and don't seem to want to play.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Lol there's no way they aren't sick. We played like gang busters all season long, only to get neutered by the weakest western conference team?
Actually the Canucks were mediocre at best for the last 32 games of the season.

nhl-graphical-standings-2023-24-season-v0-tnljs9wcngvc1.png

Many of us wondered if they could flip it into another gear for the playoffs.

Reactions: Kryten

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Tocchet doesn’t like changes.
Hughes doesn’t like contact.
Petey doesn’t like hockey.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Where in the rules does it say anything about knee hinge? It’s “distinct kicking motion” and from the replay he propelled it forward by moving his foot in that direction. You can see it in the second replay on this.

Why would his back leg move forward if he wasn’t propelling the puck with his foot. Ie. a kicking motion?

If you watch closely, the puck actually went off his front skate.
It's not so much his back leg moved forward. But he delayed his front leg so the puck would hit the skate. Perfectly legal.

His back leg caught up to his front leg because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad