GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Why because he has 1 more goal than Bouchard?
He’s been a physical force that can defend

Bouchard has been a ghost.
Ekholm has been good but he doesn’t have the physical edge Zadorov has had

better than ian cole has been for the oilers? doubt it
We don’t speak of him, until he scores on Silovs tonight

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
He’s been a physical force that can defend

Bouchard has been a ghost.
Ekholm has been good but he doesn’t have the physical edge Zadorov has had

We don’t speak of him, until he scored on Silovs tonight

He has been a physical force because that's all anyone expects of him. Thats literally his job as a goon 5th/6th D.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
I would like to cheers for whatever canadian team remain but you guys make this Hella difficult..

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
The lack of humility from fan bases when they go up a game in a series is hilarious to me.

Vancouver fans are riding high - trashing the Oilers all over...like they don't realize that McDavid could at any point take over this series in a way nobody on their team could even hope to.

Have a little respect and humility so that you don't end up looking like complete jack asses on the chance that this series doesn't go the way you seem to think it is right now.

You won a game in Edmonton - but lost one at home. I don't see much to get excited about.
True.

But we also didn't go into this series thinking we were cup favorites that would smoke Vancouver in 4 or 5 games like Oiler fans and media did.

Oilers could still ride their one line of stars for 30 minutes a night and win this series but we can take comfort knowing you will not get by a very good Dallas team or win the cup with the worst goaltending in the playoffs.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
True.

But we also didn't go into this series thinking we were cup favorites that would smoke Vancouver in 4 or 5 games like Oiler fans and media did.

Oilers could still ride their one line of stars for 30 minutes a night and win this series but we can take comfort knowing you will not get by a very good Dallas team or win the cup with the worst goaltending in the playoffs.
Cup or bust, baby!

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The lack of humility from fan bases when they go up a game in a series is hilarious to me.

Vancouver fans are riding high - trashing the Oilers all over...like they don't realize that McDavid could at any point take over this series in a way nobody on their team could even hope to.

Have a little respect and humility so that you don't end up looking like complete jack asses on the chance that this series doesn't go the way you seem to think it is right now.

You won a game in Edmonton - but lost one at home. I don't see much to get excited about.
Keep up the good work bud. You’re a beacon of rational and respectful posting on here. Humility is your middle name.
Kudos for fighting the good fight!

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Does that make Bouchard/Ekholm a 7th/8th than?

Well - Bouchard is actually leading all D men this playoffs in points.

Someone brought up goals as some plus for Zadorov....but Bouchard is actually helping his team score far more often. Ekholm always has been a shut down guy - points dont tell his story.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

Yeah, well. Maybe if the arrogant Oiler fan base hadn't been pounding their chest predicting a 4 game sweep over the "Avg Canucks team" their fan base wouldn't be so happy to throw it back at them. A lot of the Oilers fans have disappeared from these threads altogether because they were so cocky. Let us not pretend the Oilers fan base didn't dig this ditch themselves.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
LOL - ok, the dude that is on his 5th team in 9 years is some elite goal scoring dynamo that can single handedly impact the outcome of a game.
Some players develop pretty late, or get more opportunities pretty late.

Look at JT Miller, for example

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Well - Bouchard is actually leading all D men this playoffs in points.

Someone brought up goals as some plus for Zadorov....but Bouchard is actually helping his team score far more often. Ekholm always has been a shut down guy - points dont tell his story.
Put Zadorov in the point for the oilers PP and he would also lead in points. Bouchard has been atrocious in his actual position this series.

Also not a good shutdown guy in Ekholm where his team was an OT goal away from being down 3-0

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Put Zadorov in the point for the oilers PP and he would also lead in points. Bouchard has been atrocious in his actual position this series.

Also not a good shutdown guy in Ekholm where his team was an OT goal away from being down 3-0

Lets also not pretend like you guys didn't almost let the freaking Preds come back on you.

Quinn Hughes certainly hasn't been Norris caliber for you so far.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Lets also not pretend like you guys didn't almost let the freaking Preds come back on you.

Quinn Hughes certainly hasn't been Norris caliber for you so far.
Same energy:

1715727119759.png

Reactions: Sasha Orlov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad