Status
Not open for further replies.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Ooh I'm soooo excited!!
1000025232.gif

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Hahaha - he is a 5th Dman that has somehow scored more goals than he has assisted on.
Wait, so more goals is bad now?
You also understand the main job of a dman is to, wait for it.... play defense and Zadorov actually does that while Bouchard will always be a pp quarterback that needs to be stapled to Eckholm and Mcdrai to be a passable player 5on5.
Bouchard gets a lot of points no doubt but like Chinese food they're empty calories that are seldom the result of something he did but instead the beneficiary of playing with two of the best offensive players in the game.

Points from Zadorov are all gravy since he actually impacts the game more without the puck.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Wait, so more goals is bad now?
You also understand the main job of a dman is to, wait for it.... play defense and Zadorov actually does that while Bouchard will always be a pp quarterback that needs to be stapled to Eckholm and Mcdrai to be a passable player 5on5.
Bouchard gets a lot of points no doubt but like Chinese food they're empty calories that are seldom the result of something he did but instead the beneficiary of playing with two of the best offensive players in the game.

Points from Zadorov are all gravy since he actually impacts the game more without the puck.
Zadorov > Hughes.

Agreed

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Well - Bouchard is actually leading all D men this playoffs in points.

Someone brought up goals as some plus for Zadorov....but Bouchard is actually helping his team score far more often. Ekholm always has been a shut down guy - points dont tell his story.
Bouchard doesn't effect the game the way the real dynamic dmen do and it's why he's not a Norris candidate despite all those points.
He's not good on his own defensively, he's just not. I've watched a ton of oiler games and never am I left with the impression that he's a game changer or competent on defense, he makes far to many mistakes that elite dmen don't.
Any dman with even a modicum of offensive talent will get points simply playing with #97 and #29.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Many people say game 4 is the most important game of most series. It likely is here. If Pickard is shaky the Oilers will be in trouble.

To be honest, the hate McDavid and Draisaitl get is the result of them being so good. At their best, their play rivals that of any duo in nhl history. I do wonder if they can keep it up playing close to 30 minutes a night though...

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Bouchard doesn't effect the game the way the real dynamic dmen do and it's why he's not a Norris candidate despite all those points.
He's not good on his own defensively, he's just not. I've watched a ton of oiler games and never am I left with the impression that he's a game changer or competent on defense, he makes far to many mistakes that elite dmen don't.
Any dman with even a modicum of offensive talent will get points simply playing with #97 and #29.
Bouchard is the Rob Brown of D-men.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Alright - well then it doesnt matter if it was an OT goal in game 2. Vancouver got out played plain and simple.

Right?
It was a two goal deficit but ya the Preds who have gotten massively underrated in that series were the better team in game three.
The nucks were the better team for most of that series and both played amazing defensive hockey.

As you can see the nucks are very capable of winning in several different ways and make no mistake, the Nashville series after game one was played ultra conservative by the nucks by design.
We went from Demko to CDS, to Silovs a completely green and raw prospect with 9 career games against mostly meh teams.
Vancouver already plays different with Demko scoring far less without him and knew that they had to play low event hockey.
Nashville since late January was better offensively than both the nucks and oilers, including on the pp yet guys like you find that truth to not fit your narrative of the nucks actually being good in that series.

Reactions: Regal

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Enough talk, let's fast forward time, CUZ YOU ALL KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?!?
1000025244.gif

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
You mean the puck went in the net but no way to prove it? Consider the Nucks lucky in game 3.
4 posts and Oilers were dominating. If Skinner didn't suck, the outcome would be completely different.

The puck was likely not fully over the line, but it doesn’t matter anyway, because the Oilers second goal wouldn’t have happened if it counted.

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
Many people say game 4 is the most important game of most series. It likely is here. If Pickard is shaky the Oilers will be in trouble.

To be honest, the hate McDavid and Draisaitl get is the result of them being so good. At their best, their play rivals that of any duo in nhl history. I do wonder if they can keep it up playing close to 30 minutes a night though...

Agreed - this game is undoubtedly more important than the first 3. You're also right about McDrai hate... though I'd suggest there is more respect than hate. They are arguably the two best players in the world (the two best in my books). All-time greatness will be dictated by playoff success.

Bring on game 4 of this epic Canadian series!

Let's go!! 🤟🏼👊🏼

6-3 Oilers, Demko plays games 5
If this happens it would be un-f***ing-real in terms of the series storyline. 🤯

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Agreed - this game is undoubtedly more important than the first 3. You're also right about McDrai hate... though I'd suggest there is more respect than hate. They are arguably the two best players in the world (the two best in my books). All-time greatness will be dictated by playoff success.

Bring on game 4 of this epic Canadian series!

Let's go!! 🤟🏼👊🏼

If this happens it would be un-f***ing-real in terms of the series storyline. 🤯
I just looked it up, he’s not expected unless this series makes it to game 7

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, he's only taking some shots after practice so far and not really testing the knee to any full extent yet. I'm sure they are really hoping to squeeze through this series without needing him.
That’d be some miracle on ice level shit

Reactions: DiggerDan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad