GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Oilers played very well tonight. The best game ive seen them play in the playoffs tbh, they were dialed defensively. They responded big time & the Canucks didn't match their compete.

At the start of game 3 the Canucks were hitting hard & the physical play continued on all game.

Tonight the Canucks had like 3 hits all game, and when they did hit it usually led to a turnover (as we also saw with Kane on the winning goal), but far too much puck watching tonight, didn't battle for loose pucks, EDM won all the battles, just a very soft effort.

Not to take away from the Oilers who did play great, but from our pov the Canucks didn't compete hard enough imo.
nope

Game 3 in LA was a clinic

Reactions: Oilhawks

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Oh right. I guess they are drawing a parallel to the Soucey crosscheck on McDavid.

It's kind of funny because there is something to it, it's just that instead of Zadorov giving the shot in the back, this time it's just Myers inability to skate that made him go stumble akwardly towards Kane.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Difficult to judge Pickard's game tonight considering how little the Canucks managed to generate offensively again, though Skinner has lost games like that already in this series so I dunno. Got beat by a couple of pin balls but that doesn't tell us much.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Oilers played very well tonight. The best game ive seen them play in the playoffs tbh, they were dialed defensively. They responded big time & the Canucks didn't match their compete.

At the start of game 3 the Canucks were hitting hard & the physical play continued on all game.

Tonight the Canucks had like 3 hits all game, and when they did hit it usually led to a turnover (as we also saw with Kane on the winning goal), but far too much puck watching tonight, didn't battle for loose pucks, EDM won all the battles, just a very soft effort.

Not to take away from the Oilers who did play great, but from our pov the Canucks didn't compete hard enough imo.

I don't think we've seen both teams bring their best game in the same game yet. Maybe game 5 will finally be the one.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Ike Turner crosschecks Myers in the grill and got a double minor for high sticking. What a league. Guy is a gutless piece of shit.:laugh::laugh:

I thought Craig Simpson was going to rub one out when the Oilers got the winning goal. I think Chris Cuthbert did him a solid. I’d rather listen to Bernie Pascall and Howie Meeker than these two cheerleaders. The panel is disgusting without the one person who just analyzes the game instead of navel gazing. Why is Luke Gazdic there? What did he have 8 shots on goal in his whole career? He made Wade Brookhank look like a stud. Was Kevin McClelland not available? Or Don Jackson?

Last edited:
  • Haha

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Skinner had 0 chance on 3/4 goals in that one. Pickard sure as hell wouldn't have won it
No chance? Yeah sure both Boeser goals were challenging stops but maybe rewatch them and look at Skinner's positioning. He's not even square on either goal and he's cowering in his net hoping if he covers the easy areas it will hit him. You can see the complete lack of confidence in his game and despite me thinking he not very good, even he can look much better than that and stop those shots when he has confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad