GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeh for sure. I think the rule is just shoulder level though regardless of body position. The league isn’t competent enough to specify their rules any further.
What's even worse is the SN broadcast bringing this to light knowing full well that the Canucks fan base who has been crying all series about missed calls was going to lose their minds over this. I think the Canucks fan base as a whole are whiney as f***, but I can't even blame them when they have media igniting this crap and enabling them. The media is as at fault as the fan base for crying about it. Some of the regional reporters for the Canucks sound like kicking screaming toddlers in some of their twitter posts in this series. Its no wonder the fans piggy back off it, most fanbases probably would. And with this post I feel like I'm starting to understand this fan base much better.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Not if they keep raising participation banners.

Don’t they have one with the #7 on it to celebrate the fact that they have fans like every other team in the League?

And when are they going to raise the greatest Canuck of all times number up? #11 needs to go up ASAP.
No #7 in the rafters. 11 is unofficially retired because of a deceased former player, Wayne Maki.

But I guess you would probably know that if you had more than surface level knowledge about things outside of your immediate wheelhouse 👍🏻

Speaking of being ignorant, why do the Oilers have some bum named Hamilton in the rafters, who put up trash numbers in a second rate bush league?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What's even worse is the SN broadcast bringing this to light knowing full well that the Canucks fan base who has been crying all series about missed calls was going to lose their minds over this. I think the Canucks fan base as a whole are whiney as f***, but I can't even blame them when they have media igniting this crap and enabling them. The media is as at fault as the fan base for crying about it. Some of the regional reporters for the Canucks sound like kicking screaming toddlers in some of their twitter posts in this series. Its no wonder the fans piggy back off it, most fanbases probably would. And with this post I feel like I'm starting to understand this fan base much better.
I never realized Nucks reporters were such homers until this series. Like you have TSN “reporter” Farhaan Lalji calling for 5 minutes for the dbl minor high stick on Hughes. And he talks about that play whilst completely ignoring the missed highstick on Hyman. Then he wants McDavid to be suspended as if that little love tap slash is anything close to the potential neck breaking cross check that Soucy threw.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Dude, give it up. The shit is not working. you are just embarrassing yourself and Oiler fans. I tried having a normal hockey conversation with you, but you are relentless.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I never realized Nucks reporters were such homers until this series. Like you have TSN “reporter” Farhaan Lalji calling for 5 minutes for the dbl minor high stick on Hughes. And he talks about that play whilst completely ignoring the missed highstick on Hyman. Then he wants McDavid to be suspended as if that little love tap slash is anything close to the potential neck breaking cross check that Soucy threw.
Lalji spent the Flames/Oilers series in 2022 complaining about McDavid, too. He has the trademark Vancouver whine.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Lalji spent the Flames/Oilers series in 2022 complaining about McDavid, too. Canucks fan through-and-through.

To be fair there's some unlikabaility there. Magical with the puck on his stick but alot of whining at the officials throughout his career. Crosby atleast grew out of that so maybe he'll get there

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
To be fair he's pretty unlikable. Magical with the puck on his stick but alot of whining at the officials throughout his career. Crosby atleast grew out of that so maybe he'll get their.
This narrative continues to be mostly insecurity. McDavid's not even in the same galaxy with that stuff as guys like MacKinnon, Doughty, Stone, Kucherov, etc.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lalji spent the Flames/Oilers series in 2022 complaining about McDavid, too. He has the trademark Vancouver whine.
I didn’t even know he still reported for a long time. Remember him on TSN from way back in the day. But with the Nucks so irrelevent for so long he kinda disappeared. Oh well, guess this is his moment.

Reactions: McFlyingV

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
To be fair there's some unlikabaility there. Magical with the puck on his stick but alot of whining at the officials throughout his career. Crosby atleast grew out of that so maybe he'll get there
False narrative. McDavid is far from a whiner. With the amount of bullshit done to him over the years, i WISH he’d “whine” more. Officiating in this league deserves to be called out.

I mean look at how McDavid responded after he almost got decapited. Pure class as usual.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
This narrative continues to be mostly insecurity. McDavid's not even in the same galaxy with that stuff as guys like MacKinnon, Doughty, Stone, Kucherov, etc.

Doughty & MacKinnon are there I agree. I think many non-Oiler fans would have McD there too.

Stone & Kucherov are interesting... Ya I can maybe see it with Stone. Kuch really?? Idk about that one. Maybe I don't watch the lightning enough.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Dude, give it up. The shit is not working. you are just embarrassing yourself and Oiler fans. I tried having a normal hockey conversation with you, but you are relentless.
You haven't tried to have any normal hockey conversations with me. What are you on about? Your previous post made zero sense, and this post was never even directed at you. Go off Queen.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Like I said in my previous response to you I appreciate you as a Canucks poster you're one of the only ones I enjoy exchanging with because the majority are trolls on the mainboard (probably true of most fan bases). I like discussing things like the numbers, individual plays, etc. I don't like to get in pissing matches, but some of the drivel I read on here deserves the odd shot back which I have no problem giving. To comment on the puck luck, no obviously the winning team doesn't care if they won on puck luck they'll take it, but there is definitely an aspect of knowing if you deserved to win or not and it probably affects their belief in winning a series or beating a team repeatedly. If you know you got outplayed in 3 out of 4 games and feel lucky to be tied it definitely has a psychological effect in a lot of case or at least it does in my experience. Maybe it has no bearing on professional athletes (idk I'm not one), but even in the junior ranks it definitely does. Doesn't mean you aren't going to go out and give it your all, but doubt creeping in definitely affects the way you play. I don't think the Oilers should have much doubt with the way they've played this series. Doesn't mean they'll win the remaining best of 3, but they should feel confident in the way they've played.
Appreciate you saying that about your view on me. I respect that. I also respect your views on any one subject, as I do with any one else.

I kno I won't see eye to eye w everyone, but I also kno when to exit a debate that is just going down the toilet.

Your team has played well. Enjoy the win. See you game 5 my guy

Reactions: McFlyingV

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
we've got an Oilers fan posting here with multiple accounts.
Feel like this post could be reported for something. The word is just seeming to escape me.

Appreciate you saying that about your view on me. I respect that. I also respect your views on any one subject, as I do with any one else.

I kno I won't see eye to eye w everyone, but I also kno when to exit a debate that is just going down the toilet.

Your team has played well. Enjoy the win. See you game 5 my guy
Have a goodnight pal. See you on Thursday.

Reactions: rea
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad