Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Would have been HILARIOUS if we won, but we squandered a lot of opportunities, especially that 4 minute PP in the first.

I'm so conflicted right now lol

We never gave up! Love it!

But also, where was that assertive play earlier in the game????

We need to start loading up our lines a bit moving forward. Hughes needs play 25+ mins a game as well.

We can do this!

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
He CANNOT wait until we pull the goalie in the third f***ing period before making adjustments like playing Miller less in the rare game where he isn't carrying the team. He has to read the game and how his team is playing.

He's gotten away with it so far but you can see it costing us games in both series.

Haven’t been impressed with his ability to adapt. Same goes for ice time and line deployments, just not setting them up to win

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
We played the top line for 3 minutes straight. Why keep them out tired?

Its basically overtime so why not put a fresh line out to get to intermission ?

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
He CANNOT wait until we pull the goalie in the third f***ing period before making adjustments like playing Miller less in the rare game where he isn't carrying the team. He has to read the game and how his team is playing.

He's gotten away with it so far but you can see it costing us games in both series.
100%. Just a few adjustments based on who is flying is all we need.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He took the hit and his partner got the puck. Either blame Boeser for not clearing it, or Draisaitl for knocking down the clearing attempt.

Yeah, Hronek had a rough game today - more offensively than defensively - but there's not a ton he did wrong there. The dump-in set him up to get absolutely smoked and he got stuck in and took the hit and the puck came free to his partner. He played that 100% correctly.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Kane throws a hit on Hronek late when he Shouod have been out of the game

Will he be suspended??? Nope its the fixed nhl

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Honestly when a guy with Draisaitl's talent manages to bat the clearance out of mid-air like that it's more a crazy talented play by the other team than it was a bad clear by our team.

And yeah, that's not conclusive. Not gonna argue that too much.

That f***ing guy has absolutely murdered us in this series. McDavid hasn't even been that great, it's all Draisaitl and their top pairing defencemen.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Even with 1.47 left in a tie game, I still figured the Canucks were in mortal danger. What Hronek was doing out there in the final minute is a mystery only Tocchet can answer. Kane blew him up with a forecheck and Bouchard scored seconds later. Not only does Hronek lose puck battles but he can't stay upright.

He might be playing his way off this roster. There's no way I'd pay him $7m a season on a new contract.

Another heroic effort by Arty, although that last one he probably wants back. But a screen was likely. And racing out to deliver that Johnny Bower poke-check even had Kelly Hrudy bubbling in amazement.

Silovs is not only the goalie of the 'present' but of the 'future' as in the 'immediate' future. Demko trade talks should start as soon as the season is over. Some goalie-starved team in the East would cough up a bevy of young assets to acquire him.

And the Canucks need more youth, size and speed everywhere. They proved they could trade Horvat at the top of the market, So they should try again.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
That f***ing guy has absolutely murdered us in this series. McDavid hasn't even been that great, it's all Draisaitl and their top pairing defencemen.
Ironically, both Draisaitl and Ekholm are in a lot of pain and if we just hit them some more, I bet they wouldn't be playing so well.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Even with 1.47 left in a tie game, I still figured the Canucks were in mortal danger. What Hronek was doing out there in the final minute is a mystery only Tocchet can answer. Kane blew him up with a forecheck and Bouchard scored seconds later. Not only does Hronek lose puck battles but he can't stay upright.

He might be playing his way off this roster. There's no way I'd pay him $7m a season on a new contract.

Another heroic effort by Arty, although that last one he probably wants back. But a screen was likely. And racing out to deliver that Johnny Bower poke-check even had Kelly Hrudy bubbling in amazement.

Silovs is not only the goalie of the 'present' but of the 'future' as in the 'immediate' future. Demko trade talks should start as soon as the season is over. Some goalie-starved team in the East would cough up a bevy of young assets to acquire him.

And the Canucks need more youth, size and speed everywhere. They proved they could trade Horvat at the top of the market, So they should try again.
Woah chill

They should come out flying next game, they had this game tied.
Home ice, crowd into it, pure motivation.
Get it done

Reactions: rypper

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This is the game we will all look back at as the turning point.

Okie Dokie!

Here's my question: What is your problem?

It puzzles me that you can't seem to accept the fact that a good number of the fans, after having gone through the full fury of Dimbo's Reign of Error, are willing to chill out and just enjoy the game.

If the team wins, great. If they don't, on to the next. If this was the turning point and they went on to lose the series, so f***ing what? Will it satisfy you for us to all lose our shit and turn into a clown show for the Oiler fans to point and laugh at? Or will you only get a kick out of being proven right? I already made my stance clear as day: I'm proud of what they've done this season. Win or lose, they've defied pretty much all expectations and surprised a lot of people. My faith in the team and our management have been revitalized, something I didn't think would happen for at least a decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad