Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Forcing the tie at the end means the Oilers are thanking their lucky stars they won that game, not feeling pumped that they took it to us. Pickard looked very mediocre in the final 10 minutes.

We still have the momentum regardless of the outcome tonight. 2 of 3 are at home.

Win the next game, and you have two chances to close it out. But you have to f***ing come to play off the opening draw. Waiting until the last 10 minutes every game is not sustainable, despite what late game heroics would have you believe.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Canucks winning that game would have been hilarious, they were outplayed for 90% of the game until the last 5 mins.

NGL, sometimes I feel like getting outplayed 90% of the time is the only way Canucks have been winning. The only difference is if Canucks get a lead, then they just shell up and wait for the time to go down, while getting outplayed.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
JT Miller blowing the zone on that play also a very bad look, just kinda bad all around, lost focus when they needed to get it to OT and get a chance to reset.
If he had played Miller a bit less, then he might have been a bit more clear headed for that final shift. I get it, he's usually the best center we have in that situation. But tonight Lindholm was playing better and you still have Blueger for faceoff backup. Also not sure why you play Boeser in that situation, since he wasn't playing as well defensively as in previous games. Why not Lindholm, Blueger, and one of Joshua/Garland/Suter?

Again just a fail by Tocchet.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
He CANNOT wait until we pull the goalie in the third f***ing period before making adjustments like playing Miller less in the rare game where he isn't carrying the team. He has to read the game and how his team is playing.

He's gotten away with it so far but you can see it costing us games in both series.

I also want to point out that was far and away Pettersson's best shift, key faceoff win and all. What was different? Ilya f***ing Mikheyev was nowhere to be seen.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
And yet he doesn’t seem able to do that. It’s like he can’t get a read on the flow of the game once it gets going.
The reliability and stability of "the system" is both a strength but also a weakness if taken as a dogmatic strategy vs a pragmatic one.

Which we've seen in these playoffs already.

A little adjustment would be useful for us I think!

Reactions: TruKnyte

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
NGL, sometimes I feel like getting outplayed 90% of the time is the only way Canucks have been winning. The only difference is if Canucks get a lead, then they just shell up and wait for the time to go down, while getting outplayed.

The amount of luck this team has had is ridiculous. Eventually, that luck runs out, as it did tonight. They can't rely on scoring 2 goals in the final 10 minutes every game.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Here's my question: What is your problem?

It puzzles me that you can't seem to accept the fact that a good number of the fans, after having gone through the full fury of Dimbo's Reign of Error, are willing to chill out and just enjoy the game.

If the team wins, great. If they don't, on to the next. If this was the turning point and they went on to lose the series, so f***ing what? Will it satisfy you for us to all lose our shit and turn into a clown show for the Oiler fans to point and laugh at? Or will you only get a kick out of being proven right? I already made my stance clear as day: I'm proud of what they've done this season. Win or lose, they've defied pretty much all expectations and surprised a lot of people. My faith in the team and our management have been revitalized, something I didn't think would happen for at least a decade.
He’s a f***ing troll pretending to be a Canucks fan. Probably some Edmonton fan just coming here to stir shit up.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Heartbreaking loss after that terrific 3rd period push and the 2 goals to tie it.

Tocch should’ve just went with the regular Suter-Miller-Boeser-Hughes-Hronek unit instead of Lindholm and Zadorov replacing Suter & Hughes, when Hughes wasn’t there Hronek got nailed causing the turnover.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
Ironically, both Draisaitl and Ekholm are in a lot of pain and if we just hit them some more, I bet they wouldn't be playing so well.
Ironically thats exactly what juulsen was doing when he gave up the odd man rush.

I think the Canucks have to stop chasing mcD like the first goal. He's an amazing playmaker so if you have 3 guys converge on him it means there are 3 passing options. Focus on drai more cuz you know that pass is coming

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
That was the worst goal I ever seen team let in. f***ing just skate like edmonton plz. Stop standing still.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The reliability and stability of "the system" is both a strength but also a weakness if taken as a dogmatic strategy vs a pragmatic one.

Which we've seen in these playoffs already.

A little adjustment would be useful for us I think!

That is looking to be Tocchet's biggest weakness. He seems locked into his systems as though everything will sort itself out. And hey, sometimes they do. When they don't, adjustments need to be made on the fly, and not in the last two minutes

Reactions: BimJenning

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Team should be motivated for game 5.
Silovs was great, they need to score on the PP for game 5.

Series tied 2-2 now.

Should've, would've, could've. Also, this should be a wake up call for Hronek, he cost the team the game, that's on him. Play better.

Motivated to score 1 goal and shell up for another 11-48 shot ratio win.

I mean a win is a win, but do you seriously see the Canucks winning in any other fashion if they do win?

I'm more confident McDrai can sustain their high minutes than Canucks can sustain this type of style of hockey and come out with wins.

Reactions: Orca Smash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad