Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
They gotta stop playing like shit early and always trying to come back. Its not a formula for success. Youre gonna run out of track by doing that.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Gut punch of a way to lose, but liked the gumption we showed in battling back to tie it.

Petey showed some life and made some things happen. For the love of God, can we stop playing him with boat anchors and expect him to do things?

Agree Hoglander should draw back in next game, too.

Silovs had a hell of a game. He got screened on the winner, I don’t blame him at all, and he was huge throughout to keep us in it.

Our two losses have been an OT game and a game that was 30 seconds from going to OT. Far from the cakewalk the pundits were expecting, and I think that when this team actually pushes, we can take them.

Back on home ice, looking to re take the lead, Soucy back and possibly Hoglander and PDG too - I think we can take Game 5. Just need to play a full 60 like we give a shit.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Ironically thats exactly what juulsen was doing when he gave up the odd man rush.

I think the Canucks have to stop chasing mcD like the first goal. He's an amazing playmaker so if you have 3 guys converge on him it means there are 3 passing options. Focus on drai more cuz you know that pass is coming
Juulsen had the right idea, just terrible timing.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Gut punch of a way to lose, but liked the gumption we showed in battling back to tie it.

Petey showed some life and made some things happen. For the love of God, can we stop playing him with boat anchors and expect him to do things?

Silovs had a hell of a game. He got screened on the winner, I don’t blame him at all, and he was huge throughout to keep us in it.

Our two losses have been an OT game and a game that was 30 seconds from going to OT. Far from the cakewalk the pundits were expecting, and I think that when this team actually pushes, we can take them.

Back on home ice, looking to re take the lead, Soucy back and possibly Hoglander and PDG too - I think we can take Game 5. Just need to play a full 60 like we give a shit.
No to PDG, we need to start sitting guys who aren't bringing it. Sit Mik, sit PDG, sit Lafferty, sit Karlsson I think he's trying but is just too slow.

Reactions: BimJenning

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

This game we were just hanging on, we need to be start off better for game 5.
Home ice, lets do this.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
These are all good learning experiences for this core.

1) A team needs to pace themselves over a full 82 games.
2) Team needs more killer instinct both in games and in series. Ending a series sooner is pivotal in long runs.

It's their first real playoff run after a season. 2020 didn't have the intensity of what we are seeing out there now.

Management also needs to work miracles to improve the depth on wings and the blueline. I imagine you will see guys like Cole, Lafferty and Mihkeyev be churned out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad