GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Every Oilers writer is trying to re-live their glory days of covering the Gretzky Oilers. It's pathetic. The days of doing coke with Mark Messier are over and will never happen again, and the current iteration of the Oilers hate their guts for asking braindead questions after every game.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Hoglander has been absolute rubbish besides finally showing a sliver of effort the previous game. Definitely deserved a sit. Karlsson played way better imo and didn't look out of place and was far better defensively. They team/Garland gave him the player of the game puck.

Aman also played very well. I was wary at first but both moves turned out to be good plays. Aman is a very good skater and positionally sound. He really makes it hard for the opposition to get things going and he's always good for a decent chance or two.
Hoglander better draw in in the next game. When he's on , he's one of the best players on the boards on the team. He hits like a truck. He was in the top 15 on 5/5 goals.

But Tocchet loves rewarding his yes-men. That's why Cole was getting so much important ice time. Like the first shift of the 2nd round. And look where it got us.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
1715631422773.png

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Every Oilers writer is trying to re-live their glory days of covering the Gretzky Oilers. It's pathetic. The days of doing coke with Mark Messier are over and will never happen again, and the current iteration of the Oilers hate their guts for asking braindead questions after every game.
Terry Jones saying Soucy should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs was hilarious.

And yet I'm sure his pants were tenting when Messier dropped one of his many elbows.

Reactions: God

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

McDavid is close to Gretzky as the former approaches his prime, consider the era we're in.

I had not watched Gretzky much, but from what limited videos and recollections of other players/coachs I could find time to ingest, seems like Gretzky is magnitudes more classy of a guy than McDavid has been.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Rutherford is still involved, he won’t let that happen.
And that's a pretty big difference this time around compared to Rome. Rutherford is old boys club. Gillis wasn't. I expect Rutherford will be lawyering pretty damn hard during the hearing. Especially given Soucy has one suspension in his career 3 years ago.

Hyman crosscheck is the same and likely worse. After the whistle play like Soucy but Hyman was intentionally going for the face.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
We saw in 2011 how the narrative can quickly get out of control. Tocchet is a well liked coach by the media. He needs to channel some of that charisma to put some heat back on the Oilers.

Start with McDavid swinging his stick around at players like he’s already golfing. You gotta put some scrutiny on him.

And while Mcbaby faces lots of attention, he faces no more than Hughes. And you don’t see Hughes swinging his stick players.

Finally, that was not the first stick offence from McD. His hit on Hughes was intentional.

Reactions: mriswith

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
McDavid is close to Gretzky as the former approaches his prime, consider the era we're in.

I had not watched Gretzky much, but from what limited videos and recollections of other players/coachs I could find time to ingest, seems like Gretzky is magnitudes more classy of a guy than McDavid has been.

Gretzky more or less was a class act on and off the ice. He's pretty much the Platonic ideal of 'good natured Canadian hockey player.'

I've had the privilege to meet him a few times and he was nothing but gracious.

We saw in 2011 how the narrative can quickly get out of control. Tocchet is a well liked coach by the media. He needs to channel some of that charisma to put some heat back on the Oilers.

Start with McDavid swinging his stick around at players like he’s already golfing. You gotta put some scrutiny on him.

And while Mcbaby faces lots of attention, he faces no more than Hughes. And you don’t see Hughes swinging his stick players.

Finally, that was not the first stick offence from McD. His hit on Hughes was intentional.

Honestly, I think the way they're going about it is fine.

They're playing hard on the ice, they aren't backing down from chippy play and they aren't moaning about things off the ice.

You'll note that Dan Murphy was the one who dropped Zaddy having to get stitches, not Tocchet.

They're being smart about this.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
yeah that hyman thing is literally the exact same thing and we do win the hyman / zadorov trade off

Reactions: Vector

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

The high stick no call shows clear as day which side of the fence the refs are on.

Gretzky more or less was a class act on and off the ice. He's pretty much the Platonic ideal of 'good natured Canadian hockey player.'

I've had the privilege to meet him a few times and he was nothing but gracious.

Good to hear, I suspected as much. McDavid can eat a bucket of shit and choke on it.

Though I feel that next game he'll again put on a stellar performance and we'll be home with a 2-2 split. Not gonna be upset if that happens.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
McDavid is giving off younger brother f***ing with older and the older brother retaliates so goes crying to mom vibes.
8pwin4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad