GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Can't he appeal the suspension? potentially allows him to play tomorrow.

Then most likely miss game 5 on home ice while up 3-1 and edmonton in full meltdown mode

I don't think appeal and review will take place fast enough for it to matter.

It's not ideal, but far from the worst thing to happen. Just part of playoff adversity. If the team is serious about competing, they'll adjust to play better and win. In the past this would be a back breaker, but with this team, win or lose, I'm sure they'll be OK.

And again, I think refs need to be held accountable publicly. Not that we should hang them in front of 100 mics after every game to be skewered and chopped up by the media and fans, but there HAS to be something the public can see and relate to.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
So, now that we know Soucy is suspended. Do they play Cole on the left and break up Zadorov-Cole. Honestly would kind of rather see Friedman instead of Juulsen because Juulsens foot speed and discipline showed to be problems aganist the Predators.

Hughes-Hronek
Zadorov -Myers
Cole-Juulsen/Friedman

Skirbs1110

Jul 7, 2022
I believe appeals means he sits out still until it's resolved so it's pointless for shorter suspensions, I think the player recoups salary lost but that's it.
Oh for some reason I thought if you appeal you could still play until the appeal hearing happens.

Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Oh for some reason I thought if you appeal you could still play until the appeal hearing happens.

Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Nah, Perron appealed his lengthy one after his cross check to Zub and so did Rielly after his cross check on Greig, both had to sit out. Plus Bettman usually just sides with Parros anyways.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It's a totally stupid situation, but you know what, we'll just have to keep trucking along.

Next man up, play the system.

Also makes it increasingly funny if we steal another win on the road tomorrow.

I don't think we stole any wins vs Oilers so far. As a matter of fact, we GAVE AWAY game 2 that could've been very winnable in OT, because Cole is on Oiler's payroll in cash.

The wins we got were solid, and different parts of the team contributed more so than not.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Run Eleven and Seven for game four, spread the minutes out.

Play a D as a F when necessary, probably Friedman but maybe..........Quinn Hughes.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Can't he appeal the suspension? potentially allows him to play tomorrow.

Then most likely miss game 5 on home ice while up 3-1 and edmonton in full meltdown mode

I believe appeals means he sits out still until it's resolved so it's pointless for shorter suspensions, I think the player recoups salary lost but that's it.

Can only appeal suspensions greater than 5 games in length.

Reactions: Nucker101

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Absolute joke of a suspension. Golden Child McBaby knows the league will do anything to justify his wrong doings and let him get away with shit.

Won't be surprised if Hyman who did much worse won't get a fine, let alone a suspension. Coilers are allowed to be given gifts and get away with murder. Sick of this favoritism.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Soucy suspended because the media cried enough about it, basically.

Not the worst because I felt like Soucy needed to rest anyways and it gets Cole to play on his strong side. But it also means Juulsen in and he will probably struggle against the Oilers' speed.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I don't think we stole any wins vs Oilers so far. As a matter of fact, we GAVE AWAY game 2 that could've been very winnable in OT, because Cole is on Oiler's payroll in cash.

The wins we got were solid, and different parts of the team contributed more so than not.
Using that logic did the Oiler not give away game 1.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Soucy suspended because the media cried enough about it, basically.

Not the worst because I felt like Soucy needed to rest anyways and it gets Cole to play on his strong side. But it also means Juulsen in and he will probably struggle against the Oilers' speed.
Oilers honestly aren't even seem that fast, they have 4 burners in McD, Holloway, McLeod and Foegele but the rest really aren't fast at all, I'd even argue they have a lot of slow guys or guys that play slow

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site

Don't see how anyone can think this is fair. Gutless league.

With last change, McDavid will eat Juulsen alive.

Their media has absolutely manufactured this for their own advantage and because the NHL favours McDavid, it fell for it.

Worse and more biased decision that anything in the Boston series.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Absolute joke of the league. On the bright side, Soucy is probably banged up after leaving the game for a bit. Juulsen or Friedman should do ok out there.

Reactions: calnuck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Tocchet and coaching staff will get that locker room in line.

The veterans have gone through enough shit with Jim Benning, this won’t make a dent.

Reactions: calnuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad